Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    I'm a bit worried but that's the only thing that's pushing it down, you've got to remember that feedback is easily corrected and if kings shoots up next year and you rejected it because of that you'd feel really stupid! I'm a big believer in forget the league tables!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The feedback thing is bound to happen because it is such a big medical school ... If you want feedback ... U can always go up to the lecturers who will always make time for u ...... It is an issue with BScs but all lecturers always will find the time for u if ur not happy or need clarification .... It's just u might have to ask .... You can always email ur query as well ... So don't be put offf too much by low feedback... It Is a massive school as they are also dealing with MSCs ; BScs ; nursing;midwifery etc... All together as many lectures overlap ... The great thing especially for a100 is there are 400 of u ... So ur bound to find atleast another person who can always help ( like u never feel ur doing something on ur own kind of a thing.... It's all a matter of being open ) .... For a101 I think everyone ( all 28 of u r tied together lol lol ... But ICSURFER CAN CLEAR UP ANY ISSUES U HAVE )
    League tables will become important as and when the funding issue is sorted out ..... KINGS IS ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE so I am not surprised there are a few small issues ( strong word ) lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G Menon)
    Hi, I'm in year 12 now and I was wondering if I would have a chance for King's with this:
    GCSEs: 4A*s, 8As, 1B (short course), C in add maths FCMQ
    AS level predictions: AAAA
    Work experience/voluntary work: volunteer at a school for disabled children, work experience at a hospital church service work part-time at a children's learning centre. I have also previously worked for a summer autism play scheme, at a charity shop and done 1 week wrk experience at a hospital.
    Extra curricular: Grade 8 violin, grade 7 piano, member of Kirklees Youth Symphony Orchestra, doing Gold Duke of Edinburgh
    Hey! Just to let you know, I got 4A* 5A and 1B at GCSE and a UKCAT of 757.5 and I've had my interview so it is possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. Everyone is saying that they got asked to upload their passport and certificates to the portal before their offer.

But I gave these photocopies in at interview. Do you think they'll ask me again for photocopies over the portal? Because my interview was Dec 5 and idk what's taking them so long :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    I'm confused. Everyone is saying that they got asked to upload their passport and certificates to the portal before their offer.

But I gave these photocopies in at interview. Do you think they'll ask me again for photocopies over the portal? Because my interview was Dec 5 and idk what's taking them so long :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wasn't asked to upload anything after interview, and got the offer after 3 days. So don't think they ask everyone to re-upload.

ReputationRep:
    Have they read your personal statement? and do they quiz you on that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)

Posted from TSR Mobile

They didn't explicitly send a message through the portal but it was mentioned in the PDF interview letter (about sending photo id and educational certificates) that we were supposed to print and bring for interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    The feedback thing is bound to happen because it is such a big medical school ... If you want feedback ... U can always go up to the lecturers who will always make time for u ...... It is an issue with BScs but all lecturers always will find the time for u if ur not happy or need clarification .... It's just u might have to ask .... You can always email ur query as well ... So don't be put offf too much by low feedback... It Is a massive school as they are also dealing with MSCs ; BScs ; nursing;midwifery etc... All together as many lectures overlap ... The great thing especially for a100 is there are 400 of u ... So ur bound to find atleast another person who can always help ( like u never feel ur doing something on ur own kind of a thing.... It's all a matter of being open ) .... For a101 I think everyone ( all 28 of u r tied together lol lol ... But ICSURFER CAN CLEAR UP ANY ISSUES U HAVE )
    League tables will become important as and when the funding issue is sorted out ..... KINGS IS ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE so I am not surprised there are a few small issues ( strong word ) lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ...I agree with everything u've said...you've quoted the wrong person!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    ...I agree with everything u've said...you've quoted the wrong person!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My bad .......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    I wasn't asked to upload anything after interview, and got the offer after 3 days. So don't think they ask everyone to re-upload.
    Was your interview Monday morning? I think I might've been just before you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VigneshSB)
    Ah! Well done on the offer! Mine was in the late afternoon!
    me too! kinda nerve-racking to see that so many from 20th are getting offers... how did you think the interview went?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Aco Malfoy)
    Hey! Just to let you know, I got 4A* 5A and 1B at GCSE and a UKCAT of 757.5 and I've had my interview so it is possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh great, I feel so much more relieved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicia2908)
    Have they read your personal statement? and do they quiz you on that?
    Lol ur unprepared tehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a student from Malaysia so I took SPM in secondary school but took Cambridge A-levels later.

I got 10A+ for SPM, for A-levels I already got my final grades which are A*AAA and yet I have not received any from KCL. Is this a problem? My UKCAT score was not so high, 640 and I am Band 3. How likely are my chances to be invited for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkozman)
    I got one last week, and another international got one a bit before that.

Congrats and thanks! What was your UKCAT score? if you dont mind !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skjsy)
    Congrats and thanks! What was your UKCAT score? if you dont mind !
    755, band 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJaved1195)
    Hi fellow applicants, just joined the TSR.

Firstly, congratulations to all you guys with offers, you must have done great at your interview and I'm sure your offers are well deserved

I had my kings interview 16th Jan, last Thursday 10.20 and have to say it was a pleasure to even be considered for an interview even if I don't get an offer I know I gave it my all. Kings has always been my favourite university and my first choice, the campus is brilliant and the teaching I've heard is of a great quality especially since it is linked with leading hospitals in Europe.

My interviewers were absolutely lovely ladies, really made me feel at ease and were extremely nice. Now for the long wait, not too long I hope, I really want to know whether I'll get an offer so I can withdraw from my upcoming interviews, firm kings and concentrate on my A levels.

Good luck to you all and hope you hear some good news soon
    Hey mate have you heard anything back from kings? What are your stats? if you don't mind me asking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Eager One)
    Hi, I am a student from Malaysia so I took SPM in secondary school but took Cambridge A-levels later.

I got 10A+ for SPM, for A-levels I already got my final grades which are A*AAA and yet I have not received any from KCL. Is this a problem? My UKCAT score was not so high, 640 and I am Band 3. How likely are my chances to be invited for an interview?

Hello fellow Malaysian!

I understand that GCSEs weigh significantly for King's. Your advantage.10A*s. Your grades are solid too so that's another one.

For the UKCAT side I'm not really sure. I gathered that they're not using the SJT score. But you really are lacking on the UKCAT side.

King's is known to allow strong academic grades to cover for lesser UKCAT scores and vice versa (I'm banking on this). All the best!

Has anyone you know gotten replies from King's yet?

ReputationRep:
    Interview next week! Are there any questions on the nhs at all? Totally understand if you're not allowed to answer

ReputationRep:
    oh jeez coming back here on TSR brings back some serious memories. I remember camping the 2012 med applicants entry page daily when I was in you guys' situation. How is everyone hanging in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanika21)
    Interview next week! Are there any questions on the nhs at all? Totally understand if you're not allowed to answer
    No harm in saying not for me. Doesn't give you an advantage just saves you a couple of headaches........ If you believe me, muahahhahaa 👹👹👹👹👹

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.