Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The only players I like from the England side are Southampton players and Liverpool players. None of the others say anything to me. There was a time you could identify with English footballers - Gascoigne, Pearce, Adams, Ince, Scholes, Shearer, Beckham, Owen - now we've just got players who look like they belong in the local Yates sinking jagerbombs and ****ting in pint glasses.

ReputationRep:
    So Wilshere will apparently be out for our FA cup tie with United aswell as tomorrow's game with QPR

ReputationRep:
    Let's face it Wilshere will end up being the white Diaby.

ReputationRep:
    Really fancy Wilshere in the bigger games, he's a real battler. His injuries make him very underrated, and are making it a far longer wait for him to get to his best. People forget he's only turned 23, there's still plenty if time for him to peak. I just hope injuries don't keep holding him back.

Could really have done with him vs United.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425387060.873718.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  150.4 KB
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Too much of the white stuff, Jackie boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Really fancy Wilshere in the bigger games, he's a real battler. He's injuries make him very underrated, and are making it a far longer wait for him to get to his best. People forget he's only turned 23, there's still plenty if time for him to peak. I just hope injuries don't keep holding him back.

Could really have done with him vs United.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425387060.873718.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  150.4 KB
    Would have been great to have him back against United. The quality I love most about Jack is that he has an inanimate amount of tenacity and drive when he's on the pitch, always pressing and holding down our midfield well. What kind of formation do you want going into the game with United knowing Jack is out?

ReputationRep:
    I am the exact opposite. I think our English squad are nice (Ox, Walcott, Chambers, Gibbs), but Wilshere is a chainsmoking little chav.

I don't mind City's English players, or Southampton's, but I dislike Liverpool's and Chelsea's. United's are meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Would have been great to have him back against United. The quality I love most about Jack is that he has an inanimate amount of tenacity and drive when he's on the pitch, always pressing and holding down our midfield well. What kind of formation do you want going into the game with United knowing Jack is out?
    Short memories. Jack was good for the few games before he got injured, but for the rest of the season, he was mediocre. Ran into dead-ends, tried to take on too many, tried Hollywood balls and flicks. It was like he was trying to replicate THAT goal every game, even though it won't be done again. Santi and Rosicky have all the drive he had, his appalling chav attitude just makes it seem like he is a rough player when he is actually just a fairy on crack.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I am the exact opposite. I think our English squad are nice (Ox, Walcott, Chambers, Gibbs), but Wilshere is a chainsmoking little chav.

I don't mind City's English players, or Southampton's, but I dislike Liverpool's and Chelsea's. United's are meh.

This. Everything I was thinking in one post. Spot on actually, quite creepy... :hmmm:

QPR away tomorrow. It's too bad, I'm really supporting Chris Ramsey during his time there. Obviously I hope we win but after that I hope they start getting winning results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    This. Everything I was thinking in one post. Spot on actually, quite creepy... :hmmm:

QPR away tomorrow. It's too bad, I'm really supporting Chris Ramsey during his time there. Obviously I hope we win but after that I hope they start getting winning results.
    Great minds, eh?

Me too, I really like the way QPR play, a proper Championship team with just enough skill to make it in the PL. They deserve to stay up over Leicester, Burnley and Aston Villa.

ReputationRep:
    It really is sad seeing Arsenal fans needlessly attacking Jack. I don't see this "chav" attitude, stupid thing to say really.

Jack is only 23, have some faith and show some patience in one of the best players come out of our academy in years.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    It really is sad seeing Arsenal fans needlessly attacking Jack. I don't see this "chav" attitude, stupid thing to say really.

Jack is only 23, have some faith and show some patience in one of the best players come out of our academy in years.
    Didn't realise Arki had that bit in his post, agree with everything else but that. I love Wilsh, it's just the injuries holding him back. #futureEnglandcaptain :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)

It's annoying actually, probably the same lot attacking people like Rosicky and Ramsey in recent years.

Jack was one or our better players before he got injured & really turns up in the bigger games.

ReputationRep:
    I think Wilshere just has that irritating little Jack Russell vibe about him, like how he squares up to players on the pitch. It's a bit embarrassing. Type of guy that'd be all gob on a night out but would get chinned if he was actually in a fight.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get why people call him chav. Seems more of a feminine essex boy to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Ramsey is in the squad for tomorrow and will probably get a run at some point. I don't think he'll be ready to start on Monday though so I reckon he'll go with the Monaco line up, with Gabriel instead of merta. It's the type if game where Gabriel can really establish himself in the team if all goes well.

I reckon Coq will need help so we can't do a 4-1-4-1 so I'm guessing it'll be a 4-2-3-1. I would like Rosicky to start tbh, but that'll never happen so we'll get a front 5 of Giroud, Welbz, Alexis, Santi & Ozil.

I think for QPR we should start with Theo so he finds his shooting boots. I would say we go with Ox, Welbz & Theo and give Alexis a rest for United. Theo must be getting pretty worked up about not starting so he'd want to prove himself.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    I think Wilshere just has that irritating little Jack Russell vibe about him, like how he squares up to players on the pitch. It's a bit embarrassing. Type of guy that'd be all gob on a night out but would get chinned if he was actually in a fight.
    But that's the thing we don't have enough players like him at Arsenal tbh. We've got too many nicey nice guys and sometimes in football you need someone with a little bit of an edge which Wilshere has. I get the physicality might not match up but that's what's so admirable about him, he doesn't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    But that's the thing we don't have enough players like him at Arsenal tbh. We've got too many nicey nice guys and sometimes in football you need someone with a little bit of an edge which Wilshere has. I get the physicality might not match up but that's what's so admirable about him, he doesn't care.
    I completely agree, you need to physical players to crunch through the opposition and wind them up. But I think Arsenal need someone more Vieira-esque. Wilshere just reminds me of Scrappy-Doo. Fantastic talent, though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wilshere's the type to spray aftershave down his pants on a night out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Wilshere's the type to spray aftershave down his pants on a night out.
    :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.