Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noey123)
    ahh i hope to god
    Do you know anyone else smart who put RET haha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Caro was A
    Other person B
    negative effects as body's fight or flight is set off by things in environment. More stress due to characterises (hostility etc) so more hormones such as corticosteroids are released and so over time can suppress immune system and lead to stress related illness and CHD
    Something along those lines
    Ohh I put the other person at hardy, so is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria1998)
    For the daily hassles research, I talked about Bouteyre (depression vs. daily hassles) AND Gervais (nurses and their diaries), but Bouterye first?

Will they mark both or just the first one I wrote? Because my answer on Gervais was better...
    Wasn't Bouteyre a life change? The transition from school to uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria1998)
    How many marks was this? I only wrote about debriefing and right to withdraw WHEN debriefed, think that was enough?!?!?!
    4 marks yeah I think so if you explained them☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat100000)
    Ohh I put the other person at hardy, so is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No could still be correct as your comparing them right?x ) as long as you referred to the other person as well (Carol-type a)

ReputationRep:
    Did ANYONE else talk about the Exhaustion stage of the Genera Adaptation Syndrome model, to explain Janet's stress? As her build up of responsibilities would lead to higher average levels of arousal, and so cause her to feel stressed. I also talked about lack of control (Marmot's study). How many marks should I expect for this Question?? thanks

ReputationRep:
    No could still be correct as your comparing them right?x ) as long as you referred to the other person as well (Carol-type a)
    Yeah I put Caro as type A and then in the second part I wrote about rosenman et al and kobasa☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billymccreith)
    Wasn't Bouteyre a life change? The transition from school to uni?
    No it was a daily Hassels
    French uni students transition as you said.
    41% had symptoms correlating to depression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candy_0822)
    For the 12 marker, I spoke about drugs( anti-depressants, anti-anxiety), ECT and Psychosurgery. Then I gave 2 evaluation points for each, so 6 in total.

I don't understand why people are talking about BZ's. That's for stress management not abnormalities

Overall the exam went well
    You can use BZ's for stress management as its a physiological way of treating stress however its also a biological way of treating abnormality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat100000)
    Yeah I put Caro as type A and then in the second part I wrote about rosenman et al and kobasa☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Should be fine
    And I found the exam okay x made some stupid mistakes!
    Just hoping the won't add up
    Wbu? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lad lol)
    Did ANYONE else talk about the Exhaustion stage of the Genera Adaptation Syndrome model, to explain Janet's stress? As her build up of responsibilities would lead to higher average levels of arousal, and so cause her to feel stressed. I also talked about lack of control (Marmot's study). How many marks should I expect for this Question?? thanks
    BUMP someone answer please i beg

ReputationRep:
    Should be fine
    And I found the exam okay x made some stupid mistakes!
    Just hoping the won't add up
    Wbu? X
    Awwww I'm sure you've done fine! And i think it went quite bad because I ran out of time so I had to leave 2 of the 4 markers and then I thought the behavioural approach question said biological so I wrote about that😔x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BUMP someone answer please i beg
    No I personally didn't but it looks correct to me
    Especially since you added a relevant study so if not 4/4 then 3/4
    4/4 as long as you engaged with the stem

ReputationRep:
    Wrote about Gervais (nurses) and Flett (social support & daily Hassels)
    Yeah same, I just Gervais and his nurses study. Did you mention how uplifts counteracted daily hassels? I also included Bouteyre et al.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaistrife)
    What did you guys write for the daily hassles question? I completely forgot research into it.
    I completely ignored this when revising and it's the only thing I didn't revise!!! Just my luck. I basically wrote about what a daily hassle was and gave an example and said how some psychologists say that they could be more detrimental than life changes (completely bullsh*tted it)

ReputationRep:
    No I personally didn't but it looks correct to me
    Especially since you added a relevant study so if not 4/4 then 3/4
    4/4 as long as you engaged with the stem
    what's the stem?? And is the GAS model on spec? Not convinced I'll be credited if not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHobbs)
    Yeah same, I just Gervais and his nurses study. Did you mention how uplifts counteracted daily hassels? I also included Bouteyre et al.
    Yeah
    I wrote the uplifts such as compliments from supervisors and patients can mitigate for the Hassels
    Didn't have time for Bouteyre(

ReputationRep:
    what's the stem?? And is the GAS model on spec? Not convinced I'll be credited if not
    Stem as in the question xx
    Don't worry as long as it's real and answers the question correctly you should get a mark x

ReputationRep:
    I wrote for what a scattergram shows the 2 variables does this get me a mark

For ethical issues i wrote that the person needs knowledge that they are in research so if consent isnt given then this makes the person unaware which is why it is an ethical issue does this get me 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah
    I wrote the uplifts such as compliments from supervisors and patients can mitigate for the Hassels
    Didn't have time for Bouteyre(
    Sure thats fine, probably didn't need two studies as I think it was 4 marks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.