Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Might have to do that tbh :sadnod: :nopity: :cry:
    It happened to me when using chrome, if i use my laptop now i think i use either safari or firefox, worked a treat and stopped the pop ups

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cannot stop staring into space is out of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    :console: Anything I can do?

I do this a lot. As others have said, definitely worth mentioning :yep:

:hugs: Not sure what to say but you'll be alright- having te contract signed is possibly a good thing, so that you have to think about any decision rather than it just being a spur of the moment thing? Not sure, I've possibly not explained that very well. I'm around if you want to talk though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, it's never a good idea for me to make decisions when I'm feeling like this so not going to do anything too drastic. Thanks again :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    feel so so bad omg urghhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Therapy was good. Ball of anxiety when I got there but she was nice. And then we got onto the topic of my mother. She asked why I don't share things from my personal life with her or the rest of my family. There was something brilliant in the horrified look as she listened to some of our more outstanding interactions.
    Feel better than I did earlier since I'm not having to worry about it going the way of my first lot of therapy, where she didn't want to discuss if my mother was behaving rationally because she wasn't there to defend herself. Seeing her again next week and she's just said to see if I can see any patterns to when my mood drops.

ReputationRep:
    They have bugged my wife's office, my apartment, and my computer. I can't even go to the bathroom without them knowing. They're withdrawing my own thoughts from my brain and replacing them with dangerous orders. My psychiatrist didn't seem surprised when I told her about the orders, maybe she's a really bad actress. My thinking is I'm on the max recommended daily dose of haloperidol so surely that should be doing something if this is all in my head? I think it's just meant to sedate me so I'm easier to deal with they didn't count of my high tolerance for drugs. I don't know what to do. I could get up and run right now but I'd be breaking my promise to my wife and hell where could I even get to? So confused about everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    They have bugged my wife's office, my apartment, and my computer. I can't even go to the bathroom without them knowing. They're withdrawing my own thoughts from my brain and replacing them with dangerous orders. My psychiatrist didn't seem surprised when I told her about the orders, maybe she's a really bad actress. My thinking is I'm on the max recommended daily dose of haloperidol so surely that should be doing something if this is all in my head? I think it's just meant to sedate me so I'm easier to deal with they didn't count of my high tolerance for drugs. I don't know what to do. I could get up and run right now but I'd be breaking my promise to my wife and hell where could I even get to? So confused about everything.
    Remember that history repeats itself. This same thing happened when you came off the olanzapine, and the quetiapine, and pretty much every drug that's helped you for a while before. You need to keep being honest with us/your wife/psychiatrist, remember we're on your side, and don't do anything rash. I don't know what meds would help you at this point (maybe one of the older ones you've been on before, like quetiapine?), but this is definitely your brain making the world seem crazy, and not the other way round.

Longer term, I think you need to stop messing with your meds. I know the psychiatrist said you could, and that you'd been stable for a while, but honestly Saber, this happens every time and every time it makes the people who care about you feel scared ****less about what you might end up doing to yourself.

PM me/find me on skype any time you need to talk.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i'm so ****ing useless. can;t do anything right, feel so low right now. need the memories to go away dont know what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i'm so ****ing useless. can;t do anything right, feel so low right now. need the memories to go away dont know what to do
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Laptops with touch screen are awesome, I want one!

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    They have bugged my wife's office, my apartment, and my computer. I can't even go to the bathroom without them knowing.
    They haven't bugged it, for sure, it is far to much effort. Try to think it through, why should they and how was it last time?

My psychiatrist didn't seem surprised when I told her about the orders, maybe she's a really bad actress.
    Psychiatrists usually have more than one patient, who told them very weird and extreme stories, both true and untrue, so they will hardly act surprised. In addition (s)he knows you and your history probably, too? Hence you see, it is no proof at all.
    My thinking is I'm on the max recommended daily dose of haloperidol so surely that should be doing something if this is all in my head? I think it's just meant to sedate me so I'm easier to deal with they didn't count of my high tolerance for drugs. I don't know what to do.
    It is not unusual and you have to admit, there are much easier ways to "sedate" somebody.

I could get up and run right now but I'd be breaking my promise to my wife and hell where could I even get to? So confused about everything.
    Please stay safe!

(Original post by Pathway)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You aren't.Humans are not perfect and there is probably plenty useful stuff, you can do. We just tend to have extremely high expectations.

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend takes too much of a toll on me. She's self destructive and sees me as the solution to all her problems but won't do anything to help herself and that's immense pressure on me. As much as i want things to work out i can't take many more months of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    My girlfriend takes too much of a toll on me. She's self destructive and sees me as the solution to all her problems but won't do anything to help herself and that's immense pressure on me. As much as i want things to work out i can't take many more months of this.
    James, no offence but your relationship (not you, or her) sounds awful. What's it going to take for you to end it and move on with your life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    James, no offence but your relationship (not you, or her) sounds awful. What's it going to take for you to end it and move on with your life?
    Honestly i'm not too sure. I think deep down i don't have the balls to end it, or i'm not sure if i'm seeing things the way they really are. Or i'm in denial about how bad it is/not sure what a good relationship should be like and where this stands in comparison to that.

Of course no offence is taken.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whats up chook? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console: what's wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    here if you need :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    So I posted this as a separate thread, but only got 1 response so far, so I was hoping maybe I could get some advice here aswell, if anyone has some words of advice to give me.

So basically I'll keep this as short as I can. I'm in final year at uni, studying a science degree. I've always been the type of person to although leave work to the last minute, I still get it done, still study and still get the marks that I want. But this year? Everything's changed, I feel so unmotivated to do anything, if I had my way I'd just lay in bed and sleep. I sleep more than 10 hours on weekdays, and 12+ on weekdays, and waking up in the morning knowing that I have to get up and go to uni fills me with dread. I hate it, I hate getting up in the morning. I hate uni and I never used to, I always used to enjoy going to uni, seeing my friends but now I don't even bother with my friends and they've all noticed.

I should be doing my thesis, not even started. It's due in 2 weeks time. And I know I should have started ages ago, but I just didn't know where to start, and kept putting it off and off till now, and now i feel soooo guilty for leaving it and not doing it. Everyone asks me "oh how's your thesis going?" I lie through my teeth and say it's coming on great when in reality I've not even started.

I failed my January exams, and I felt nothing in regards to that, didn't even feel guilty or anything I just felt nothing. I've still not told my parents, cause I know I'll get a right lecture/disappointment from them. I'm too scared to tell them cause of their reaction. Everything is getting to me, I'm withdrawing myself from my family and my friends, a few of my friends have said it sounds like depression, I don't know. I'm so lost and I don't know what to do. Uni is just getting so much to handle and I feel like I'm drowning Don't know what to do Any advice?

Apologise it being sooooo long
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sherbet_lemons7)
    Whats up chook? :hugs:
    I don't think I've been this low ever and everything seems wrong and not real and slow, not explaining very well but really calm and it's all weird and bad.

Thanks for other replies too guys, hope you're all ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.