Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    "A First Course in Abstract Algebra" by John B. Fraleigh.
    It's given to Indian institutions afaik, it has good exercises but I think there are better books on abstract algebra; one of those classic books. It works through basic group theory, and then connects it to the other algebraic structures like rings and fields; at the end there is some galois theory.
    अभार -thanks

ReputationRep:
    What are you on
    Had so much lemonade today. Literally so pumped for edexcel boundaries. Gna be so fun.
    Imagine if Physics is decent and M5 and 1 more out of D1 D2 and S4 has low boundaries.
    I would literally get 4A*s crazy.
    So far yet so close.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leonard Dev)
    अभार -thanks
    Hehe, not Indian.
    I presume, you are Indian?
    So many great mathematicians are Indians, I guess because of your educational system or just because of culture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Had so much lemonade today. Literally so pumped for edexcel boundaries. Gna be so fun.
    Imagine if Physics is decent and M5 and 1 more out of D1 D2 and S4 has low boundaries.
    I would literally get 4A*s crazy.
    So far yet so close.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right fam, I am so pumped for OCR but I think I may miss the A in Chemistry :////
    there is like no chance of me getting lower than A* in FM since I got all full UMS (or a bit off full UMS for FP3 probably) in FP1, FP2, FP3, M3, M5 and a D grade in M4
    gonna back you up when retards call you retard for the basic computation that is A-levels

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else gonn pop sleeping pills the night before results day, like after STEP results? I gotta wake up at 6am to get to school so rip gotta get high on dem pills

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, not Indian.
    I presume, you are Indian?
    So many great mathematicians are Indians, I guess because of your educational system or just because of culture?
    Yes and i can only speak for the latter as I had the British education system experience. It's a matter of pride for most Indian families that their children be well educated; at least in the past.
    Might i add: thanks Gove for the 'wonderful' experience.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else gonn pop sleeping pills the night before results day, like after STEP results? I gotta wake up at 6am to get to school so rip gotta get high on dem pills
    nah im just gonna dose up on caffeine and lose my sanity.

btw is it me or do alot of people seem pretty 'salty' towards other Cambmos advice over the past day or so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leonard Dev)
    Yes and i can only speak for the latter as I had the British education system experience. It's a matter of pride for most Indian families that their children be well educated; at least in the past.
    Might i add: thanks Gove for the 'wonderful' experience.
    Name:  861e9922d57517ab69d2c36ed541c75a59d41b766ce7d0cc96ba07d2b425542d.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  64.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    nah im just gonna dose up on caffeine and lose my sanity.

btw is it me or do alot of people seem pretty 'salty' towards other Cambmos advice over the past day or so?
    I usually dose up on caffeine pills so that day just gonna take sleeping pills and see how it goes. Gotta find where they sell those pills when I arrive in Cambridge, my mum usually buys them for me kek.

Yeah they are all pretty salty
    But protect the Camb mandem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still trying to decide if I want to look at grade boundaries or not. Think I've got a pretty good idea of my raw marks in each paper so theoretically I should be able to calculate my grades which would be nice to know, but I'd rather just not know if I've failed. Plus there always seems to be dodgy marking (I'm looking at your OCR maths) and last year I was half a grade out on some of my raw predictions, so I don't want to look and think I've got in tomorrow, then get all excited and Thursday's disappointment will be even worse either.

Ugh I hate making decisions :dontknow:

The only good thing is that I stupidly stayed up until 5 last night so got 2.5 hours sleep before a full days work sat at a computer and I don't think I'll get much more than 7-8 hours sleep tonight so hopefully I'll be so tired tomorrow I won't be awake worrying for too long. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    >tfw I am considered arrogant for not liking your autism
    >tfw you are Oxford wannabe and yet don't know the meaning of 'arrogance'

I pity you fam
    but it's ok
    you will fit right in Oxford
    and you can at least put autism in the extenuating circumstances form
    Solipsist!
    You'd be a wonderful doctor!

My friend is going at King's college and honestly after witnessing who is considered to be a mathmo....I was disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Solipsist!
    You'd be a wonderful doctor!

My friend is going at King's college and honestly after witnessing who is considered to be a mathmo....I was disappointed
    Did you seriously just say that I am a bad mathematician for not liking you?

You are a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you seriously just say that I am a bad mathematician for not liking you?

You are a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is a possibility my friend. It might be inversely proportional to the assumption that I am autistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    So much beefing in the results day thread lol, first mathsmaths then zacin

Posted from TSR Mobile
    innit bro tomorrow morning i expect to see you in there with some high quality troll bait

ReputationRep:
    I think I've learned enough to know that by the end of my third year that phrase will trigger me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too, except when I use it for my own proofs, which will be often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    innit bro tomorrow morning i expect to see you in there with some high quality troll bait
    Will cook up some ****, thinking of something GB related

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Me too, except when I use it, which will be often.
    Hopefully lecturers will be able to appreciate a bit of banter in my proofs, such as:
    Clearly the result follows..
    From here it is trivial to show that...
    Etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will cook up some ****, thinking of something GB related

Posted from TSR Mobile
    gonna brexit them GB

ReputationRep:
    Are you even a mathmo if you don't use trivial every 3rd sentence? I think not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, I withdrew my application, gonna apply to Oxford next year, BioOx (or OxBio, can't be assed to scroll up half a page) has convinced me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    gonna brexit them GB
    The salt levels will be unprecedented

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.