The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    "Pogba is just a dancing Youssef Mulumbu"

LOOOOOOL :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    I prefer when Arsenal lose tbh, because AFTV meltdowns are just too good to pass on. Full Time Devils is nowhere near as good for meltdowns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    You can pretend you don't care all you want, but it's Feyenoord pal...
    They've won every game this season. It's not like we played Burnley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Luckily it's possible to do both in barely any time

They're a good team

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ***** pls, if this was Liverpool or Arsenal you'd be outing people's pre-match comments by quoting their phrase and saying "ok"

I didn't watch the match - srs why couldn't you score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    They've won every game this season. It's not like we played Burnley.
    In the Dutch league...

The difference is, when we lose to Burnley I can accept our failings and also objectively identify the problem(s) - 1) no Mané, and 2) struggle to break down parked buses.

All I see here is "we were cheated" and "we don't care about the Europa League"

ReputationRep:
    That was poor and although I doubt Jose cares much for the competition that team should still have had enough and I think he would have expected to have faltered later on when the requirement for a stronger side was presented not on the opening game. Not good news for Smalling or Morgan.

Not entirely unsurprising though. This is not a good team yet, might be a good squad but as far as actual play goes the opening few games were about a mean defence and a clinical attack. In an attacking sense the team isn't really special at all, not much in the way of coherent play mainly just individual's creating. Defensively in this game and the City game, we've just been poor. The goal tonight, as the final strike is made. Smalling, Morgan and Rojo are all outside the box. Not hard to find spaces for passes with that kind of dispersion, willing runners and hopeful balls will provide goals in that case.

We'll see but I think Jose will want to see more of the posture the team adopted against Southhampton rather than what we have seen of late going forward.

ReputationRep:
    We lost to Dutch farmers lads there's no living this one down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    In the Dutch league...

The difference is, when we lose to Burnley I can accept our failings and also objectively identify the problem(s) - 1) no Mané, and 2) struggle to break down parked buses.

All I see here is "we were cheated" and "we don't care about the Europa League"
    I genuinely don't though. It's a distraction. We won't get any credit for winning it and will have to play catch up all season so what's the point? Would say play the kids but they're all out on loan.

With that said it's hardly a surprise that all LVG's players return to the team and we play badly :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Man, I thought Van Gaal had returned as manager it was that poor and dull. We just tucked into Feyenoord's tempo too easily and they had control.

Baffled why Mourinho didn't try the 4-3-3 in today's game, Pogba was supposed to be closest to Rashford yet he barely did anything of note. Martial needs a break - Depay didn't do too badly, even getting back to help the right back at one point.

The positive start to the season masked the real issue for Mourinho, which is finding the formation - which is there for him if he wants to see it - and getting the best out of Pogba who is going to be the focal point of the team going forward. I feel there will come a point when he changes it for the better, and that might coincide when he eases Rooney out but on tonight's performance, that ain't happening anytime soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thought Martial looked better actually in the first half, Herrera did decent CDM and Rashford has basically confirmed how good he is, just that he needs support.

That's about all the positives I can muster, Darmian and Rojo were awful, gutted for Memphis (who was atrocious) who I have hopes for. Pogba was so poor, still have no idea what position we're supposed to play him in.

We were way too defensive, Schneiderlin and Darmian should have gone off instead of Rashford and Martial/Mata

ReputationRep:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Chris_Wil...99751671959552

ReputationRep:
    Players look tired and its only September.

ReputationRep:
    Smh

ReputationRep:
    United lose on my birthday for the second season running.

ReputationRep:
    So Rashford probably not starting next PL game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    We haven't even got to Mourinho's third season meltdown yet and things are already looking bad lol

He went through a similar phase in the first season of his second Chelsea spell tbh. He's going to complain he wasn't backed in the transfer window like what he said at Chelsea because they wouldn't let him buy Pogba and Stones...

He's finished as the super manager he was from 04-10 though. Even then he had by far the most money in the league at Chelsea and while he did great winning the CL at Inter it's not like he had any consistent competition at the club when you consider that team got the points record and had basically been doing what Juve are currently doing now before he came.

ReputationRep:
    Legit think Mourinho has a mental illness or two.

ReputationRep:
    Man I don't think I've laughed this much at a page.

Comedy gold. Just the irony wow!

bammy jastard 27 always be a salty niqqa tho come on mayne.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Man I don't think I've laughed this much at a page.

Comedy gold. Just the irony wow!

bammy jastard 27 always be a salty niqqa tho come on mayne.
    Yeah I'm salty as **** he tried to destroy our club so he could join Man United with an unlimited cheque and he's still struggling and being Peps *****.

While we're at it he's already got the circle jerk around him and everyone believing his every word. He's like that psycho ***** who always manages to get a boyfriend.

You've not had one good offensive performance this season since the community shield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Yeah I'm salty as **** he tried to destroy our club so he could join Man United with an unlimited cheque and he's still struggling and being Peps *****.

While we're at it he's already got the circle jerk around him and everyone believing his every word. He's like that psycho ***** who always manages to get a boyfriend.

You've not had one good offensive performance this season since the community shield.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.