The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by guided1
If we call people not Muslims just because their Islam is different to ours all we end up with is hatred and fighting. Who cares if they do some stuff a bit different. I dont. Why does it matter? What difference does it make to anyone else and there are Muslim leaders who say Alawites are Muslims. Maybe Lawrence and Lammens are wrong. I would rather trust a scholor of Islam than British soldier and a French priest. And most Syrians are Sunnis anyway so arguing about Alawites is pointless.

Saying praying and fasting are just symbolic, believing in reincarnation and making up a new holy book, isn't exactly just "a bit different" though is it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Really good video on salah.
Please share with someone who doesn't pray.

https://youtu.be/RDQDuBFK-8U

Posted from TSR Mobile
Assalamu alaykum

Hope you guys are well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3104
Original post by mil88
Asalamo alaykum

Just wanted to post a saying from Imam Hussain on the 10th Muharrum, just before his martyrdom:

"Oh Allah, what has he lost, he who loses you
Oh Allah, what can he lose, he who finds you"

Wa'alaykum Assalaam :smile:

Original post by HAnwar
Really good video on salah.
Please share with someone who doesn't pray.

https://youtu.be/RDQDuBFK-8U

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just watched and was eye opening. Going to try share it with others insha'Allah. Lool when he said Allahu Akbar! My mum repeated after him but she has no idea what he was on about :biggrin:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Saying praying and fasting are just symbolic, believing in reincarnation and making up a new holy book, isn't exactly just "a bit different" though is it?
making takfir is also haraam
Original post by mil88
Asalamo alaykum

Just wanted to post a saying from Imam Hussain on the 10th Muharrum, just before his martyrdom:

"Oh Allah, what has he lost, he who loses you
Oh Allah, what can he lose, he who finds you"

W/S

This is absolutely beautiful, subhanAllah.

Without Allah [azwjl] life is well and truly without point, substance, or purpose.

Whoever has Allah can never be poor, and whoever loses him , even if they are sleeping on gold, truly have no wealth.
Original post by mariachi
in other words, people can only unite on whatever we (however defined) think is right

This is a recipe for eternal discord and strife : not a good idea

best

Unity does not mean compromising ones beliefs. Rather it is the recognition that there are overwhelming commonalities , as well as peace, friendship, strength in understanding and tolerating one another. As for the differences, it is important to recognise that too, and ensure steps are taken to discuss differences in a cordial and sensible manner, and like civilised human beings, agreeing to agree to disagree, without resorting to name calling or spewing hatred.
Reply 3108
Original post by Leukocyte
Assalamu alaykum

Hope you guys are well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykum Assalaam
Alhamdulillah

What is with the picture? :colonhash:

Original post by Tawheed
W/S

This is absolutely beautiful, subhanAllah.

Without Allah [azwjl] life is well and truly without point, substance, or purpose.

Whoever has Allah can never be poor, and whoever loses him , even if they are sleeping on gold, truly have no wealth.

SubhanAllah. How are you brother? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
BarakAllahu feeki x

Wasalam.
Quite tired lol thanks for asking. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm okay alhamdullilah. Same here, I'm tired too. Came back for college. So glad its the weekend now.
Original post by h333
I see, I thought it was.
Np :smile: (you're sorry again :lol:)
Salaam.

Oh I'm...
I give up. I can;t stop saying sorry.
How was your day?
Reply 3110
Original post by ak143244
I'm okay alhamdullilah. Same here, I'm tired too. Came back for college. So glad its the weekend now.

Oh I'm...
How was your day?

Lmao, you're funny. It is ok you can say sorry all you want, if it makes you feel better :yep:
Alright Alhamdulillah...but was super hungry when I came home, my mum was like calm down :lol: and I am glaaaaad it is the weekend too.
Wbu? :smile:
Original post by h333
Lmao, you're funny. It is ok you can say sorry all you want, if it makes you feel better :yep:
Alright Alhamdulillah...but was super hungry when I came home, my mum was like calm down :lol: and I am glaaaaad it is the weekend too.
Wbu? :smile:

Haha okay :smile:
Ah yeah when you come home you're like craving for food. Hmm.
I'm okay. Just tired as usual.
Can you do me a favour?
Reply 3112
Haha okay :smile:
Ah yeah when you come home you're like craving for food. Hmm.
I'm okay. Just tired as usual.
Can you do me a favour?

Yep :biggrin:
Bless you.
Erm depends on the favour I guess...what's wrong?
Original post by guided1
If we call people not Muslims just because their Islam is different to ours all we end up with is hatred and fighting. Who cares if they do some stuff a bit different. I dont. Why does it matter? What difference does it make to anyone else and there are Muslim leaders who say Alawites are Muslims. Maybe Lawrence and Lammens are wrong. I would rather trust a scholor of Islam than British soldier and a French priest. And most Syrians are Sunnis anyway so arguing about Alawites is pointless.

All the points that I brought up about their doctrinal beliefs have continuously been cited by both Sunni and Shia scholars - this includes scholars that lived during the time of Ibn Nusayr himself, later scholars who interacted with them such as Ibn Taymiyyah from the Sunnis and Ibn Shahr Ashub from the Shia, as well as dozens of fatwas from Ottoman scholars that declared the Alawites to be non-Muslims for their polytheistic belief in reincarnation and a trinity consisting of the Prophet Muhammad, Ali ibn Abi Talib and Sulayman al-Farsi (a companion of the Prophet). In addition to all of this, we have the accounts of numerous Western personalities that have attested to their syncretic beliefs of which you have attempted to dismiss. If that isn't enough, we also have the testimony of the most renowned apostate from Alawism, Sulayman Efendi al-Adhani, who was assassinated by the sect for divulging everything I've mentioned and more - will you dismiss him too?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4356186&p=67929090#post67929090

Can you look at this thread and answer the questions pleaseee? I need it for English. Jazakullah :smile:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Because you belong to a sect you obviously think the other sects are wrong. Why cant we ignore the differences and celebrate the similarities. I have decided to reject all sectarianism in Islam and from now on I will not saySunni or Shia or whatever, only Muslim and I really cant see why people have a problem with that. And some of the things people have been saying about Alawits are myths. Its just like the stuff atheists say about Islam because they oppose it and it fits their argument.
http://www.guidetomuslimdiversity.com.au/the-alawites.html
Reply 3116
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4356186&p=67929090#post67929090

Can you look at this thread and answer the questions pleaseee? I need it for English. Jazakullah :smile:

Oh lol I see....I looked at the questions and can't even answer it smh :frown: dw you will get a lot of others answering it for you insha'Allah :smile:
Original post by h333
Oh lol I see....I looked at the questions and can't even answer it smh :frown: dw you will get a lot of others answering it for you insha'Allah :smile:

Oh okay. No problem
Inshallah :smile:
Original post by h333
Wa'alaykum Assalaam :smile:

Just watched and was eye opening. Going to try share it with others insha'Allah. Lool when he said Allahu Akbar! My mum repeated after him but she has no idea what he was on about :biggrin:

Lol bless. It is a really motivational video.

Oh I'm...
How was your day?

Yeah get some rest :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Lol bless. It is a really motivational video.

Yeah get some rest :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do. Thanks for the advice, I mean Jazakullah.

Latest

Trending

Trending