• View Poll Results: Choose one.
    Coca Cola (Sweet & Sticky)
    30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    Advice to the universe - never be still up this late when you have a two 9-5 contact time days ahead of you, which contain a scary amount of assessed stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I guess you just got warned for spamming there :p:

ahh. I'm hungover. again

fireworks tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Just spent an hour and half more than I was allocated in the hardware lab, and I finished last last week too. Looks like I found a field where I am truly incompetent :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Just had a nice friendly afternoon helping a couple natscis with their ML work and having a general geeky natter. :o:

(Original post by ukdragon37)
    Just spent an hour and half more than I was allocated in the hardware lab, and I finished last last week too. Looks like I found a field where I am truly incompetent :facepalm2:
    Ouch, really? I got the impression you really knew your stuff in the lectures! Ours went perfectly, apart from only connecting the GND half of the power supply to each chip, which meant we wasted an hour triple-checking our wiring. :facepalm:

Hmm, I don't know if I want to go the fireworks display tonight or just stay in.

ReputationRep:
    I've got the beach bonfire/fireworks tonight too. Also got my home one at the weekend, that's if I manage to get home since the trains are not running!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I only remembered it was bonfire night today. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Hmm, I don't know if I want to go the fireworks display tonight or just stay in.
    Combine the two and bring the fireworks display in? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    the trains are not running!
    Wait, what? Just in the north-east, I hope?

ReputationRep:
    Wait, what? Just in the north-east, I hope?
    Inverness-Aberdeen line and Aberdeen-Edinburgh due to flooding, there are buses but I've got a big disliking for them. :p: Should be cleared by the weekend, but it wouldn't effect you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, really? I got the impression you really knew your stuff in the lectures! Ours went perfectly, apart from only connecting the GND half of the power supply to each chip, which meant we wasted an hour triple-checking our wiring. :facepalm:
    Oh the theory of how it's supposed to work is fine. The trouble is all the human errors in wiring it all and fist-banging on the table when it refuses to work. We also found out the PAL programmer refuses "+" for OR and favours "|" instead but it doesn't tell you

Currently avoiding ML Help Session lectures in favour of supervision work.

Has anyone got any good examples of good interview questions the interviewer might ask you? I've got a few, but just want to cover my bases as well as I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Thanks Ape. I've decided not to look at the answers though based on the slim hope that we do it tomorrow, and I don't want to cheat myself. If not I'll have a look tomorrow evening.

Madjack, what kind of interview?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any good examples of good interview questions the interviewer might ask you? I've got a few, but just want to cover my bases as well as I can.
    For what sort of interview?

ReputationRep:
    :teehee:

Those aren't the answers silly :p: they are just my answers for half the questions and even they will most likely be wrong.

:sigh:
    Fair enough. Still not going to look though.

I need to try and excercise some self control. :p:

For what sort of interview?
    Sorry, should have said, it's an interview for a X-mas Temp job in currys. We also have to try and sell our own ipod to the interview panel. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, should have said, it's an interview for a X-mas Temp job in currys. We also have to try and sell our own ipod to the interview panel. :p:
    I've only ever been to one job interview of that ilk, so I can't help much. In that interview, I was asked what I'd do in terms of conflict resolution if a customer came in having had a problem with a product, wanting to return it kinda thing.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I love Human Biology :daydreaming: Chemistry :daydreaming: DNA & Organic Chemistry <33333

ReputationRep:
    Back from the SMC!
    God, that was brutal :sigh:

Since you guys aren't doing it and may be interested in having a glance at what it was like: PM sent.

My answers

Spoiler:
    Show

:cry2:

1) A
    2) D
    3) E
    4) E
    5) A
    6) E
    7) D
    8) C
    9) D
    10) E
    11) D
    12) -
    13) C
    14) -
    15) D
    16) -
    17) -
    18) -
    19) -
    The rest are also "-"
    Here's mine so far, I tried to do it quickly so I used shortcuts (I'm off to play bridge tonight so either ask me any questions quickly or around 11.30:

Spoiler:
    Show

1) A
    2) D
    3) E
    4) D
    5) A
    6) C
    7) B
    8) C
    9) D
    10) B
    11) C
    12) E
    13) C
    14) D
    15) D/E (guess)

ReputationRep:
    I done so bad. :sigh:
    :console:

Any one in particular you want me to explain? Or you can looking at it again and ask me later.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.