Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious)
    Yeah, I've heard it's not great, but it's not really my thing anyway. I went to Fez once and it was a bit naff - there was barely anyone in there. :indiff: My friend's determined to take me to the legendary Cindies though! :cool:

Which college are you (going to be) at and what are you studying?
    [email protected], you? :P

(Original post by iammichealjackson)
      [email protected], you? :P
      Law at Pembroke...although I'm not a fresher.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by gethsemane342)
      Nothing happened to him - he was just drunk and we'd been in a good mood before that. Basically, we were having a "girls night out. He took a liking to us and kept trying to join in with us. We moved away from him quite a few times but he usually came back. And then, for no apparent reason, he decided to strangle me from behind. My friends rescued me and told him to **** off. He left us alone after that
      For your information I was only trying to tell you there was something on your top! Didn't realise you'd take it the wrong way jeez

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by dog24)
      For your information I was only trying to tell you there was something on your top! Didn't realise you'd take it the wrong way jeez
      Ah, sorry. Knew I should have brushed up on my "strangulation language skills" before I went out! Oh well, live and learn, live and learn.

ReputationRep:
      Are most people coming over the weekend 1st/2nd October coming on the 1st? I'm planning to come early on the 2nd but I'm worried that I'll arrive later than everyone else and miss out.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by WM40)
      Are most people coming over the weekend 1st/2nd October coming on the 1st? I'm planning to come early on the 2nd but I'm worried that I'll arrive later than everyone else and miss out.
      I feel sorry for you, mate. You're going to miss out on the big party we're all having instead of sorting out our stuff and finding the hall we're eating in and then dropping like flies because we'll have to wake up at heinous o'clock to make sure we haven't forgotten this or that. Also, only one more post to go.

(Original post by WM40)
        Don't worry about it - not very much will be happening. In the case of Pembroke, we're allowed to move in on the 1st so I'd imagine that most people will come then, but all that happens is that the Dean throws a tea party for parents and you have "family night" with second and third years. Whilst this is a nice way to get to know everyone, it's by no means essential. :nah:

ReputationRep:
        Don't worry about it - not very much will be happening. In the case of Pembroke, we're allowed to move in on the 1st so I'd imagine that most people will come then, but all that happens is that the Dean throws a tea party for parents and you have "family night" with second and third years. Whilst this is a nice way to get to know everyone, it's by no means essential. :nah:
        Pembroke are on University Challenge tonight. Against some scumbag poly.

Edit: 666, last post, au revoir.

(Original post by no chance)
          Pembroke are on University Challenge tonight. Against some scumbag poly.
          I take it that was a joke, since they're against St Anne's, Oxford? :lol:

Loads of my friends have publicised it on Facebook, so I'm guessing we did OK!

ReputationRep:
          We're moving in on Sunday the 2nd, not the 1st...at least thats what all the freshers documentation says..... Please tell me I'm not coming on the wrong day ah

(Original post by kirky743)
            We're moving in on Sunday the 2nd, not the 1st...at least thats what all the freshers documentation says..... Please tell me I'm not coming on the wrong day ah
            Ah, sorry - I'm a second year and I'm living in college. I know that second and third years in hostels can move back in a week earlier, but I thought the moving date depended upon where you live and not what year you're in.

If your paperwork says to move in on the 2nd, move in then. Put it this way - you can move in "late", but you can't move in early! :p:

ReputationRep:
            Ah, sorry - I'm a second year and I'm living in college. I know that second and third years in hostels can move back in a week earlier, but I thought the moving date depended upon where you live and not what year you're in.

If your paperwork says to move in on the 2nd, move in then. Put it this way - you can move in "late", but you can't move in early! :p:
            Indeed, as a friend of mine said on the Christ's Freshers Group: staring at your future room door for a few hours may not be as exciting as it first appears

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by gethsemane342)
            Indeed, as a friend of mine said on the Christ's Freshers Group: staring at your future room door for a few hours may not be as exciting as it first appears
            My tutor said I could move in on the first, so I hope the porters are cool with that?

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Lyam)
            My tutor said I could move in on the first, so I hope the porters are cool with that?
            Print out the email and bring it along with you to the plodge when you arrive. Then there will be no doubt that you can move in on the 1st

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by It could be lupus)
            Print out the email and bring it along with you to the plodge when you arrive. Then there will be no doubt that you can move in on the 1st
            I was going to just take my laptop and have the e-mail page open so that they can see it. Same principle, I just don't have a printer. :P

ReputationRep:
            P.s. it's never lupus.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Lyam)
            I was going to just take my laptop and have the e-mail page open so that they can see it. Same principle, I just don't have a printer. :P
            That works too.

PS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Don't_Want_to_Know

ReputationRep:
            Not been on TSR for ages... Just thought I'd say - 4 daaaaays!

ReputationRep:
            That works too.

PS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Don't_Want_to_Know
            I've seen the episode, I was just teasing. :P

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Lyam)
            If you have tutorial permission, they may well know already. It'll (hopefully) be in the computer system.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.