Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    I don't see what point you're trying to make though. Looking through the past few Chelsea thread pages, you guys have been talking about Cavani, Benteke, Marquinhos, Falcao, Bale and Gundogan. Does it mean you expect to sign them all? It's a football forum, people will talk about signing players because - frankly put - that's all there is to do in the off season. I don't think any person in their right mind thinks we're going to sign Pogba, Fabregas, Jovetic, Lamela, Grenier, Sanogo, Williams etc all in one window...

If I were you I'd be far more concerned if the Arsenal Board of Directors were sitting in a room talking about making all of these signings than a bunch of guys (and girls) on an internet forum.
    I highly doubt you would get the signings in bold. That's what I'm ridiculing...
    I said buying benteke would be absolutely ridiculous, same with falcao with lukaku's form, said bale is a possibility with gundogan potentially and I don't know enough about marquinhos(I doubt people even watch him and have just heard reports but hey) to make a judgement on whether he's viable.

But yes I can see your point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Why help Chelsea?
    I doubt Chelsea would sell so that's why I said loan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    No offence(although it is going to be offensive) but this thread is the laughing stock of the football forums. I hope the guy saying chamberlain and walcott up front was trolling. :lol:

But still, I'd like to see pogba, fabregas, jovetic, higuain, villa, lamela, benzema, adler come into the team. Think it's pretty likely to happen.

In all seriousness though, what are some of the posters smoking I really want some.
    I'ts a shame because the idiots on this thread are the ones who try and shout the loudest about their misinformed opinions. There are actually some posters in this thread who have incredible insights and opinions that I enjoy reading about - for example Abiraleft, some of his posts are just a pleasure to read and clearly he knows his stuff. But he doesn't post on every single page so you don't see him as often, unfortunately. So him doing a brilliant 500 post will be sandwiched inbetween muppets going "ffs why hasn't the stadium debt been paid off yet it was only £500m ffs" and "sagna is poo he is the worst footballer seen venga sel him". So those kind of posts are unfortunately the ones people remember.

I wouldn't come on this thread if I wasn't going to be reading something thought-provoking and insightful. It's just that when you're looking out for those kind of posts you have to scroll through a lot of ****ty posts too. So I understand your point but personally I just try and ignore the people I know who always post rubbish stuff, simple really. When you do that it becomes a lot more enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    Oh...oh my. Please excuse most of my last comment. After having looked through the last few pages I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Can I just say that to those of you - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ALL ARE - who comment on players you want us to sign like you've watched them closely all season, it's glaringly obvious you know sweet FA about them. Embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    I'ts a shame because the idiots on this thread are the ones who try and shout the loudest about their misinformed opinions. There are actually some posters in this thread who have incredible insights and opinions that I enjoy reading about - for example Abiraleft, some of his posts are just a pleasure to read and clearly he knows his stuff. But he doesn't post on every single page so you don't see him as often, unfortunately. So him doing a brilliant 500 post will be sandwiched inbetween muppets going "ffs why hasn't the stadium debt been paid off yet it was only £500m ffs" and "sagna is poo he is the worst footballer seen venga sel him". So those kind of posts are unfortunately the ones people remember.

I wouldn't come on this thread if I wasn't going to be reading something thought-provoking and insightful. It's just that when you're looking out for those kind of posts you have to scroll through a lot of ****ty posts too. So I understand your point but personally I just try and ignore the people I know who always post rubbish stuff, simple really. When you do that it becomes a lot more enjoyable.
    Cool story bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Cool story bro.
    Exhibit A :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Oh...oh my. Please excuse most of my last comment. After having looked through the last few pages I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Can I just say that to those of you - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ALL ARE - who comment on players you want us to sign like you've watched them closely all season, it's glaringly obvious you know sweet FA about them. Embarrassing.
    Don't worry, at least you get where I'm coming from. Tbh the thread goes into meltdown every few weeks so we all just take the piss on the other threads. Its why there's hardly any non-arsenal fans coming onto here making long convos.

I didn't know these guys all watch serie A though. Interesting.
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    It gets real bad. I don't get where you attract these guys tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Don't worry, at least you get where I'm coming from. Tbh the thread goes into meltdown every few weeks so we all just take the piss on the other threads.

I didn't know these guys all watch serie A though. Interesting.
    They've probably seen a YouTube compilation and think it sums up the player perfectly

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think we should make an offer for Neymar?

40m plus the money they owe us from Hleb and Cesc should do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

:lolwut: can't tell if sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    They've probably seen a YouTube compilation and think it sums up the player perfectly
    It's actually real bad. It's a pity though, quite a few good posters on here and the rest seem like they've made their opinions from fifa...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

Yeah should do it. although you'll probably end up with him on "loan" for a few seasons, they've already put some barca DNA in.

Barca's transfer business is devoid of any class after that fabregas saga. Can't wait for them to do it to pepe reina :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: can't tell if sarcastic
    Let's disscuss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

I actually think we should...

ReputationRep:
    Im flattered tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Cazorla was either 12 million or 16 million
    Will there you go then! If Wenger can make even 2 signings like that this summer (not necessarily in the same position) then we will be close to a squad that can compete with the likes of Man Utd and City.

With all the criticism that we have gotten from the press and even some fans, we must not forget that we ended up only 5 points behind City and 3 points behind Chelsea. Im not saying we are title contenders but I do believe we can make a stronger challenge next season and maybe even get a trophy. As you can see I'm as positive as ever yet I'm careful in not making ridiculous assumptions(?) about any players that are available in the transfer window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Will there you go then! If Wenger can make even 2 signings like that this summer (not necessarily in the same position) then we will be close to a squad that can compete with the likes of Man Utd and City.

With all the criticism that we have gotten from the press and even some fans, we must not forget that we ended up only 5 points behind City and 3 points behind Chelsea. Im not saying we are title contenders but I do believe we can make a stronger challenge next season and maybe even get a trophy. As you can see I'm as positive as ever yet I'm careful in not making ridiculous assumptions(?) about any players that are available in the transfer window.
    yeh but that kind of signing isn't that simple is it, only reason we got a proven player like cazorla is because of the financial situation his club were in, they sold him for basically the same amount they bought him for. Id be surprised if even wenger managed to get another player like cazorla for about 15mill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    yeh but that kind of signing isn't that simple is it, only reason we got a proven player like cazorla is because of the financial situation his club were in, they sold him for basically the same amount they bought him for. Id be surprised if even wenger managed to get another player like cazorla for about 15mill.
    Santi was an exception. He's release clause was 30 mil, Malaga had to sell for cut price lucky Wenger pinched him before others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Agreed about the financial position of Malaga and it may be difficult to find the same kind of pedigree at the same price but if there is one manager I would trust to do the job, its Wenger. He's shown interest in Greiner and Mignolet who are not nearly as expensive as some of the other players mentioned and will probably provide the same level. Jovetic as Ive said before is a player I admire and if the rumours of 25 million are true then that is a reasonable price.

ReputationRep:
    We were apparently interested in signing Greiner back in 2008 before he penned a contract with Lyon. Unusual for Wenger to be so open about potential transfers like this, and also slightly odd he'd be 'following' him for so long now. Never seen the guy play tbh, but Wenger must be keen. Personally, forgive me for being a little skeptical the next time we dip into the French market for our next signing.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.