Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    Is your numeracy exam this afternoon?
    Good luck! Let us know how you do!
    Thanks! Just finished it and passed! Was easier than practices, as people have said. I filled so many note sheets though, but they kept bringing me more!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't got my second reference and now one of my choices now says no vacancies . I can't believe it, I'm seriously not happy. I did everything I could to get my application in early and now waiting for references scuppered one of my chances. This is a really unfair process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet16)
    I've posted in this thread a few times now but I'm just so so scared about my (second) PGCE interview on Thursday. The first one I was rejected from.

This might sound ridiculous but what do I do if I don't get into the PGCE? Get a job? Which is ok, but I know so many unemployed graduates.

My friends have heard me about talking how much I want the PGCE, I don't want to tell them I've been rejected because that's depressing.

Please please can I get on to my PGCE. That's all I want for Xmas.
    Aww I know how it feels I have absolutely no back up plan apart from messing around for a year and trying again. I've been telling everyone how much I want it, but now I'm regretting saying anything. At least if you make out like you're not bothered no-one will pity you if you don't get in, if that makes sense.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. Think into the future, it will all happen in the end. I know it's hard, I feel it too. It's just so competitive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumpadaisy)
    I still haven't got my second reference and now one of my choices now says no vacancies . I can't believe it, I'm seriously not happy. I did everything I could to get my application in early and now waiting for references scuppered one of my chances. This is a really unfair process
    Oh no I'm sorry!

I agree the system doesn't work. I made myself ill with worry waiting for mine. I hope you get your reference soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, has anyone received a response yet from Oxford Brookes or Institute Of Education for Secondary English PGCE?

ReputationRep:
    I just received an interview for glasgow uni for primary teaching : soooo excited but sooo nervous aswell. looks quite an intense interview x

ReputationRep:
    Which uni course has filled up so quickly??
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    They could just do that on the Skills Tests? It makes it seem like the Skills Tests is just a requirement from the government rather than a requirement than universities agree with.
    The skills tests are set by the government to make sure that all teachers are professionally able. It says nothing of their teaching ability, or understanding of concepts, which is why some universities, particularly for primary, perform their own tests at interview as well.

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for Secondary English at Manchester Uni! Oh God, so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisa-101)
    Hi Guys, has anyone received a response yet from Oxford Brookes or Institute Of Education for Secondary English PGCE?
    Hi yes i have for IOE and received a conditional offer too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet16)
    Which uni course has filled up so quickly??
    Primary at Leeds Trinity. I rang them to confirm and the have filled their places

ReputationRep:
    Oh no that's really crap so sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with you! I'm really sorry to hear this.

You are now in panic mode so have every right to show your urgency to them, or even involve other people to chase him/her!

I wish you luck x

ReputationRep:
    I have just finally been able to send my application! Now I am relieved...yet also scared. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelanieKR)
    Good luck at Glasgow! How quickly was it from submitting your application to getting your rejection from Strathclyde? Been nearly a week for me and I've had nothing. I'm applying for Secondary English.

Glasgow uni has emailed me to ask for my SQA results and uni transcript but as I'm moving house my SQA stuff is in storage so I don't know if I'll get it to them quickly enough for interview.
    Thank you Well I submitted mines on the 21st and they rejected it on the 2nd of Dec. They emailed on the 5th though and offered me an interview for my other subject though

I had problems with getting my transcript and i called and they just said send it ASAP to get your spot. Fingers crossed you get it on time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippygirl)
    my interview for glasgow is 10th january
    and... i got an email on friday saying that my application for strathclyde has been reconsidered and i have an interview on 18th december!!!
    Congrats that is brilliant!! good luck for both of them

Strathclyde emailed me on Friday and offered me an interview for my other subject so i'm happy My Glasgow is the 16th and my Strathclyde is the 17th lol

ReputationRep:
    My secondary reference said she would have it written by the 24th November and I still haven't heard back, despite sending around 4 emails since then .

I am sorry about Leeds Trinity :hugs:. It really is an unfair process. My first choice only has 7 places and I know people who have interviews this month and mine hasn't even been sent off .

Good luck with getting your reference sorted .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amul1992)
    Got an interview for Secondary English at Manchester Uni! Oh God, so nervous!
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I have just finally been able to send my application! Now I am relieved...yet also scared. Haha.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by znh)
    Good luck!
    Thanks. Good luck to you too, I hope your references come through soon. It is such a frustrating process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Thanks. Good luck to you too, I hope your references come through soon. It is such a frustrating process.
    Thank you. I have decided if my secondary referee does not get in touch by tomorrow, I am going to have to change her. A teacher who I worked with sent me a reference a while back so if I ask her, hopefully it'll just be a case of copy and pasting.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.