Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canoepop)
    DWF Interview
    me too, which office? I'm being interviewed at Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    I still don't understand what makes a graduate recruiter accept or reject your application. I applied to two firms which have pretty much identical application questions. Therefore I used similar answers in both (tweaking ever so slightly) and one has rejected me and the other offering an interview!

Definitely all boils down to whether grad rec has had their lunch or not.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely emailing if Linklaters haven't offered WG/rejected by the end of this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    me too, which office? I'm being interviewed at Birmingham
    Glasgow! Good luck! What date is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unluckyinlaw1)
    I still don't understand what makes a graduate recruiter accept or reject your application. I applied to two firms which have pretty much identical application questions. Therefore I used similar answers in both (tweaking ever so slightly) and one has rejected me and the other offering an interview!

Definitely all boils down to whether grad rec has had their lunch or not.
    Yeah...it's all a numbers game because every firm has so many talented people applying. It kinda sucks that it's so down to luck - but that's life I guess?

ReputationRep:
    The more I think about my answers for my IM video interview, the more I think I screwed up. I hope they let us know soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    anyone waiting on Holman Fenwick Willian

Yep though I only applied a week ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutegirl15)
    The more I think about my answers for my IM video interview, the more I think I screwed up. I hope they let us know soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm feeling exactly the same. I think the news is imminent though.

ReputationRep:
    Interview interview - yay!
    Congratulations! Looking like my third rejection of the day though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    Yeah I'm feeling exactly the same. I think the news is imminent though.
    Tell me about it -.- Do you think anyone has been given an AC invite already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't heard anything, I'm still waiting when do you think they will let us know? it has to be before 20th

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think so, it seems a lot of people here applied to IM. I think we would know if invites had started going out, but I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea of what dates the Olswang summer and easter vacation scheme are? I can't find anything online!

ReputationRep:
    What is taking Weil soooo long...It's nearly 2 weeks post interview -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    I haven't heard anything, I'm still waiting when do you think they will let us know? it has to be before 20th
    It seems weird that they had so many applicants/video interviews and no one has heard yet, even though we are supposed to find out by Friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_floyd)
    On the 31st haha! What about you?
    The 29th. Would rather just know either way haha! They're the only ones I'm waiting for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp93)
    You can't really prepare for it - 2 group exercises, 2 written and a feedback session. They are quite transparent in that they tell you what they are looking for in each particular exercise. It's very focused on your character/personality rather than commercial awareness. Good luck!
    Thank you - so there's no one-to-one interview with HR/lawyer based on competencies etc?

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow! Good luck! What date is yours?
    Its on 3rd March, you? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone not get an invite to Wragge Lawrence Graham telephone interview after being told they passed the two tests and their application was being assessed?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard from DLAP post - interview yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.