Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Is their process just CV and CL?

Edit: I meant application form
    Yeah.

Just so I don't make a mistake in submitting my application for Lazard, should the Cover Letter only answer the two questions asked, or should it also include the standard stuff as well?
    I actually just sent in a standard cover letter and told myself it answered their two questions already - whoops.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Yeah.

I actually just sent in a standard cover letter and told myself it answered their two questions already - whoops.
    Okay, thanks for the help.

I'm now sorting out those two applications and preparing for others too, I've also decided to take a course in investments and securities, so next year I will be able to answer all the technical questions that are no doubt going to be asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgirl22)
    Are Rothschild rolling?
    They havent specified i dont think.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends how good you are at analysing graphs and data, I paid for a package but after 2 of them I was averaging in the 90s, so I could probably have managed without purchasing them. I'm just using them and other things to improve my speed in mental maths, plus brainteasers too
    Yeah, time is a big issue for me the stuff isnt that hard compared to the stuff I do in my degree, what programs would you reccomend? Thanks.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    Yeah, time is a big issue for me the stuff isnt that hard compared to the stuff I do in my degree, what programs would you reccomend? Thanks.
    What do you mean by programs? Are you asking which sites I would suggest you use to purchase numerical tests?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by programs? Are you asking which sites I would suggest you use to purchase numerical tests?
    Yeah, if you could, seeing as though you have more experiance.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if you could, seeing as though you have more experiance.
    I wouldn't really say I have more experience, plus considering I have only used one site I don't think it would be right for me to say which one is the best. The options you would have between is assessment day, job step prep, graduate monkey and grad diary too. It's your choice as to which you want to go with.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't really say I have more experience, plus considering I have only used one site I don't think it would be right for me to say which one is the best. The options you would have between is assessment day, job step prep, graduate monkey and grad diary too. It's your choice as to which you want to go with.
    Okay will do some research, but out of curiosity which one did you use and was it simmiar to the tests you had to perform for spring week? Thanks will rep.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Okay will do some research, but out of curiosity which one did you use and was it simmiar to the tests you had to perform for spring week? Thanks will rep.
    I use assessment day, but haven't really submitted any that ask for tests, applied fairly late so pulled out my applications as I couldn't be dealing with the hassle they would cause

ReputationRep:
    I use assessment day, but haven't really submitted any that ask for tests, applied fairly late so pulled out my applications as I couldn't be dealing with the hassle they would cause
    Okay thanks, all the best with getting into IB they need more good people LOL.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks, all the best with getting into IB they need more good people LOL.
    Thanks, all the best to you as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econorman)
    Is there anyone here who applied to SW at DB AWM in Birmingham?
    I think i did for operations: spring into investment banking or something lol

heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    guys how do I apply for ICAP i can't actually find the link to their application form!! is it too late to apply for their london insight programme 2015 life...

cheers,

Monk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMonk)
    guys how do I apply for ICAP i can't actually find the link to their application form!! is it too late to apply for their london insight programme 2015 life...

cheers,

Monk
    Here you go, my friend.

https://icap.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/m...mme-2015/en-GB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMonk)
    I think i did for operations: spring into investment banking or something lol

heard anything?

Got sent a numerical for awm last Sunday that I could only do two days ago, after getting in from abroad. Heard nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    Just got invited to do the numerical test for Blackrock's SW. Anyone know if it is SHL or Kenexa? Thanks! I applied a while ago so they're taking their time, I would have thought invites to online tests would have been automatic.

ReputationRep:
    Would it be worth my while still applying to BlackRock?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Would it be worth my while still applying to BlackRock?
    If you think you can get together a cover letter pretty quickly then I can't see why not, however I'm sure they screen before inviting people to take the numerical test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie_m14)
    Just got invited to do the numerical test for Blackrock's SW. Anyone know if it is SHL or Kenexa? Thanks! I applied a while ago so they're taking their time, I would have thought invites to online tests would have been automatic.
    I didn't even know they did numerical tests. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long BAML take to reply post interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.