Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Elcor)
    School just asked me to come in early for a press thing, not sure what I can conclude from this???????? ¿
    Probably: w00t!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Probably: w00t!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Might just be high grades, but anyway it's somewhat relieving!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    School just asked me to come in early for a press thing, not sure what I can conclude from this???????? ¿
    woah, well done! I guess you can stop worrying about results now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Might just be high grades, but anyway it's somewhat relieving!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is literally no conceivable way this could be anything other than that you've got high grades and you've made your offer. My school did the same thing last year - all the Oxbridge people were asked to come in the day before so they could get their photos taken for the local press.

Grats.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was asked to go in for press & photos too, but might that just be due to my predictions not actually my results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No invite for me

ReputationRep:
    When does our school/college find out about our results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aworldalone)
    some time today evening/tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aworldalone)
    It was today. Not sure which members of staff see them though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a phone call from my school saying that I should get to school a lot earlier than the time allotted for A2 students. Hopefully it's a good sign!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I hope your schools aren't trolling you guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bored565)
    There is literally no conceivable way this could be anything other than that you've got high grades and you've made your offer. My school did the same thing last year - all the Oxbridge people were asked to come in the day before so they could get their photos taken for the local press.

Grats.
    But I'm the only Oxbridge offer holder from my school. I could miss my offer and still get the highest grades in the year, which they'd want press for. That's unlikely but possible!

Thanks though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    I think it'll be a good news for you.
    My daughter's school didn't ask her to come early but when she got there, a photographer was already waiting for her. There're many other Oxbridge applicants at the school, but apparently she got most number of A* among them and they wanted her photo on their website's exam result news. (and she was really annoyed as she didn't want to be used for their advertisement....)

Congratulations!

Edited to add: Just remembered the school phoned her the day before to ask what time she was planning to go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    I got a phone call from my school saying that I should get to school a lot earlier than the time allotted for A2 students. Hopefully it's a good sign!
    Should be.
    Congrats, and welcome to Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    But I'm the only Oxbridge offer holder from my school. I could miss my offer and still get the highest grades in the year, which they'd want press for. That's unlikely but possible!

Thanks though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Count yourself lucky you have some warning - when I collected my results there were photographers at the ready as I walked in, though I'd already seen track by that point anyway. Now my face is in a lot of the school prospectus........

For some reason last year, photos from my sixth form, mainly the other school we were joined with, ended up being used on a lot of the main news sites like the guardian and BBC.

ReputationRep:
    Worried now because I haven't heard anything

ReputationRep:
    Though now I think about it my brother is at Oxford and didn't get asked to come early or anything... Maybe it's a private school thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculina)
    Though now I think about it my brother is at Oxford and didn't get asked to come early or anything... Maybe it's a private school thing?
    I hope so! I haven't heard anything, but I know that my school usually has photos for that kind of thing

ReputationRep:
    No, I go to a state comprehensive. I'm sure some schools do it and some don't though! Have any of your school friends been contacted?

There are people on the offer holder pages saying they've already got their results
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't think it's a private/state thing, it just depends on the school. I know my school doesn't do it, the local press just comes in on the day and interview people then without forewarning. Please don't get worried, it seriously doesn't mean anything!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.