Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    Guys what would I need in S1 if i got 74/75 in C1 and 55/75 in C2, I don't understand how UMS works.
    Really depends on what the grade boundaries are, but just aim for full marks. For an A, probably 65-70 marks.

(Original post by Boundless_x)
    Well I got around 72/75 in C1 but in C2 I got 60/75, and I need a solid A in my other unit to get my A overall

Edit: which means around 65/75?
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    this c2 paper was harder than jan 2010 and the grade boundary for that year was 54/75, soooo........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bourgeois_Lad)
    listen here you middle class prick, you disrespect me again ill have your mud eating parents deported to Tajikistan. Wankpile.
    Lol ohhhhhh **** I'm so scared what are you gonna do press space#comegetmebruh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerosmith)
    I did an alternative method for the logs question and got the same answers of y = 3/2 and y = 1/3. Will this score full marks? Attachment 403759
    yes. that is what I did and I am a genius.

ReputationRep:
    Where's the mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxtbennett)
    yes, good luck! how did you find C1 and C2?
    ah hi5 - good luck for both bio and chem tomorrow and friday and c1 was just a "definitely resitting" moment, and c2 was okay i guess, hbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asifa129)
    Does anyone have a mark scheme for the core 2 paper
    Arsey's unofficial mark scheme:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3344369

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjames)
    Really depends on what the grade boundaries are, but just aim for full marks. For an A, probably 65-70 marks.
    Going by last years UMS, I need 70 UMS in S1 to get an A overall. But yeah I am aiming for 70+ in S1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    Lol ohhhhhh **** I'm so scared what are you gonna do press space#comegetmebruh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will not stoop to your proletariat level

ReputationRep:
    Guys what would I need in S1 if i got 74/75 in C1 and 55/75 in C2, I don't understand how UMS works.
    I think you'll need a mid A for an A overall around 68/75?

ReputationRep:
    If I got 65/6 in c1 abd 60 in c2 what would I need in s1 for an a

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    Oh well, when you get to A2 you'll see for yourself 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I'm both AS and A2 and you do need '+c' depending on the situation....differential equations being one

ReputationRep:
    Ergh UMS and marks are confusing. I calculated to get 80% of the 225 total marks, I need 51 in S1 (which seems waaaayyyyy too low). And by total UMS, I need 70 more, which is a low B, which again seems too low.

But I'm hoping to get 70+ marks in S1 as it isn't really that hard

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme available for the edexcel core 2 2015 paper...

Was it only me or was this paper extremely tough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    Where's the mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post56016551

ReputationRep:
    this c2 paper was harder than jan 2010 and the grade boundary for that year was 54/75, so.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why some people are saying they need a high mark in their applied unit..

If you got 70+ in C1 that should be ~90 UMS. 60 here would be around ~76/80. Then you just need a B in your applied unit.

ReputationRep:
    If you are only in year 12 I wouldn't worry too much...
    I sat this paper as a resit from getting an E last year and I predict I have got 72/75 this time around. You will find C2 much easier after doing C3 and C4

ReputationRep:
    Ergh UMS and marks are confusing. I calculated to get 80% of the 225 total marks, I need 51 in S1 (which seems waaaayyyyy too low). And by total UMS, I need 70 more, which is a low B, which again seems too low.

But I'm hoping to get 70+ marks in S1 as it isn't really that hard
    Remember grade boundaries aren't always 80% often they're around 85% for an A

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.