The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by particlestudent
Guys what would I need in S1 if i got 74/75 in C1 and 55/75 in C2, I don't understand how UMS works.

Really depends on what the grade boundaries are, but just aim for full marks. For an A, probably 65-70 marks.
Original post by Boundless_x
Well I got around 72/75 in C1 but in C2 I got 60/75, and I need a solid A in my other unit to get my A overall

Edit: which means around 65/75?

Ok thanks
this c2 paper was harder than jan 2010 and the grade boundary for that year was 54/75, soooo........
Original post by Bourgeois_Lad
listen here you middle class prick, you disrespect me again ill have your mud eating parents deported to Tajikistan. Wankpile.

Lol ohhhhhh **** I'm so scared what are you gonna do press space#comegetmebruh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aerosmith
I did an alternative method for the logs question and got the same answers of y = 3/2 and y = 1/3. Will this score full marks? image.jpg

yes. that is what I did and I am a genius.
Where's the mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maxtbennett
yes, good luck! how did you find C1 and C2?

ah hi5 - good luck for both bio and chem tomorrow and friday and c1 was just a "definitely resitting" moment, and c2 was okay i guess, hbu?
Original post by asifa129
Does anyone have a mark scheme for the core 2 paper

Arsey's unofficial mark scheme:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3344369
Original post by lukejoshjames
Really depends on what the grade boundaries are, but just aim for full marks. For an A, probably 65-70 marks.

Going by last years UMS, I need 70 UMS in S1 to get an A overall:s-smilie:. But yeah I am aiming for 70+ in S1
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Lol ohhhhhh **** I'm so scared what are you gonna do press space#comegetmebruh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will not stoop to your proletariat level
Guys what would I need in S1 if i got 74/75 in C1 and 55/75 in C2, I don't understand how UMS works.

I think you'll need a mid A for an A overall around 68/75?

If I got 65/6 in c1 abd 60 in c2 what would I need in s1 for an a

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by domcandrews
Oh well, when you get to A2 you'll see for yourself 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm both AS and A2 and you do need '+c' depending on the situation....differential equations being one
Is there an unofficial mark scheme available for the edexcel core 2 2015 paper...

Was it only me or was this paper extremely tough

Ergh UMS and marks are confusing. I calculated to get 80% of the 225 total marks, I need 51 in S1 (which seems waaaayyyyy too low). And by total UMS, I need 70 more, which is a low B, which again seems too low.

But I'm hoping to get 70+ marks in S1 as it isn't really that hard
this c2 paper was harder than jan 2010 and the grade boundary for that year was 54/75, so.
Not sure why some people are saying they need a high mark in their applied unit..

If you got 70+ in C1 that should be ~90 UMS. 60 here would be around ~76/80. Then you just need a B in your applied unit.
If you are only in year 12 I wouldn't worry too much...
I sat this paper as a resit from getting an E last year and I predict I have got 72/75 this time around. You will find C2 much easier after doing C3 and C4 :smile:
Ergh UMS and marks are confusing. I calculated to get 80% of the 225 total marks, I need 51 in S1 (which seems waaaayyyyy too low). And by total UMS, I need 70 more, which is a low B, which again seems too low.

But I'm hoping to get 70+ marks in S1 as it isn't really that hard

Remember grade boundaries aren't always 80% often they're around 85% for an A :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending