Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You're a bit ****, aren't you?
    Yea and while it sounds harsh, I blame Benteke. We had a bit of bad luck and bad defending but not been able to create anything upfront and every half chance has been like 20 yards too high.

If Sturridge plays against Stoke, we'll probably batter them like 4-0 to prove my point.

Wonder Villa give us 20-30mil for Benteke? :awesome:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by sr90)
    Critisising Klopp is stupid, he's still stuck with the dross Rodgers bought him.
    I still can't go over the fact why BR brought Benteke in the first place, he just doesn't suit the squad IMO and his performance today is simply abysmal as he couldn't covert the numerous numbers of crosses in goals. Mignolet has been alright but overall I think his performance is poor. I just hope Klopp spends the money wisely in this transfer window.

ReputationRep:
    Look on the bright side...

We're into the transfer window and it wasn't at home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Let's not forget we're up against Stoke next.

Might as well not even show up.
    Stoke don't play Pulis-ball anymore. We'll have more success against them imo.

2 cup games (Stoke, LC and Exeter, FA) and then we play Arsenal and Man Utd.. *****

ReputationRep:
    Looooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Ings and Origi are injured, Sturridge is massively unreliable and Benteke is absolute garbage. We need a striker and we need one now.
    Hell I'd even give Balotelli a bloody chance. Can't be any worse than this...
    Sturridge unreliable in terms of injuries or performance? He's an exceptional player when he's fit. Him and Kane up top for England hnnnngggggggg.

You know, Liverpool really miss Sterling. I was also very impressed with Ibe today.

One more thing: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Yea and while it sounds harsh, I blame Benteke. We had a bit of bad luck and bad defending but not been able to create anything upfront and every half chance has been like 20 yards too high.

If Sturridge plays against Stoke, we'll probably batter them like 4-0 to prove my point.

Wonder Villa give us 20-30mil for Benteke? :awesome:
    Harsh? I disagree, Benteke was just abysmal throughout this match especially with the numerous number of crosses created, he just couldn't get it in. The defense problem is done to the fact we're playing too deep but Sakho and Lovren did well together. About time to get Balotelli recalled from loan but we still need to make signings especially a new GK, CB and ST.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTran38)
    I still can't go over the fact why BR brought Benteke in the first place, he just doesn't suit the squad IMO and his performance today is simply abysmal as he couldn't covert the numerous numbers of crosses in goals. Mignolet has been alright but overall I think his performance is poor. I just hope Klopp spends the money wisely in this transfer window.
    Yep Benteke made no sense especially as he didn't buy any other players to help him.

Frankly we should sell Benteke to Sunderland since Sam would be desperate for such a striker.

(Original post by Vaginal_Rights)
    Look on the bright side...

We're into the transfer window and it wasn't at home
    Are we going to buy anyone though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

Are we going to buy anyone though?
    Mark my words, we will. Klopp knows by now that this team simply doesn't cut it. He's probably already made the list up.

ReputationRep:
    Mark my words, we will. Klopp knows by now that this team simply doesn't cut it. He's probably already made the list up.
    I dont think there are any obvious fixes to the squad though. We need 5-6 better players which isnt going to happen in Jan
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'll be stunned if Klopp doesn't sign at least 2 players this window.

You're going to have a huge clearout this summer like we did after the Moyes season. Much like with us, it isn't going to be fixed in one window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Smith is pretty boss at crossing. Damn.
    Yeah, known for it. He's not really been tested defensively yet but there's a chance he has a first team career here. His end product is great.

Firmino was good today as well, 3 games in a row that he's put Benteke through for a 1 on 1 and Benteke has flopped it.

Benteke is a good, top half PL striker. We didn't overvalue him or undervalue him. He's just short on confidence right now. Give him time.

ReputationRep:
    Think cups and el best chance. Annoying this season though because everyone bad so could have taken advantage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Suarez should've stayed :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Yeah, known for it. He's not really been tested defensively yet but there's a chance he has a first team career here. His end product is great.

Firmino was good today as well, 3 games in a row that he's put Benteke through for a 1 on 1 and Benteke has flopped it.

Benteke is a good, top half PL striker. We didn't overvalue him or undervalue him. He's just short on confidence right now. Give him time.
    Tall strikers are always the worst at football.
    We need another suarez esque type of player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'll be stunned if Klopp doesn't sign at least 2 players this window.

You're going to have a huge clearout this summer like we did after the Moyes season. Much like with us, it isn't going to be fixed in one window.
    Klopp has already talked about the opposite, that he doesn't want a huge clear out and how important he thinks continuity within the squad is.

We need one striker, one CM and a back up CB, maybe an RB and maybe a GK. The only players leaving will be maybe Benteke (don't see why because we won't get the right fee back for him), Lucas, Allen and Kolo. Allen and Kolo don't even play so there won't be any of that.

ReputationRep:
    Firmino was good today as well, 3 games in a row that he's put Benteke through for a 1 on 1 and Benteke has flopped it..
    He was through 1-on-1 again?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    He was through 1-on-1 again?!?!?!
    Yeah, took a bad touch and Tomkins was round to cover.

ReputationRep:

Yeah he can definitely have a future at Pool. Moreno is most likely going to stay as a starter for the next few years at least.

One thing about Benteke is that I don't think he should be the type of player who is solely judged on his goal output. Firmino, Coutinho and co should be scoring more. His finishing/composure does need to be more consistent though. He's clearly capable of some incredible goals.

(Original post by Think People)
    Tall strikers are always the worst at football.We need another suarez esque type of player.Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hard to find a Suarez but remember Suarez took a good 18 months to heat up and become a goal machine at Liverpool, also Ibrahimovic is taller than Benteke, Cavani is 2cm shorter, same for Diego Costa, Drogba is 1cm shorter.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Klopp has already talked about the opposite, that he doesn't want a huge clear out and how important he thinks continuity within the squad is.

We need one striker, one CM and a back up CB, maybe an RB and maybe a GK. The only players leaving will be maybe Benteke (don't see why because we won't get the right fee back for him), Lucas, Allen and Kolo. Allen and Kolo don't even play so there won't be any of that.
    I honestly had no idea Kolo Toure still played for you. Thought he'd gone to the MLS or somewhere.

Surprised someone like Sunderland or Newcastle aren't trying to get him on loan

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.