Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Same :/

Out of curiosity, what's your insurance?

I'm sure you did brilliant
    Manchester, I wanted to put Imperial but my parents threatened to disown me lol

You too, it's just that this year it's the final thing, no turning back etc!

ReputationRep:
    What post are the mark schemes on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Manchester, I wanted to put Imperial but my parents threatened to disown me lol

You too, it's just that this year it's the final thing, no turning back etc!
    Ahh because it's a London uni and it's expensive? Respect for getting an offer though!

You revised a lot I'm sure you did amazing. At least you get to see if you go the grades for Cambridge. I have to go in and get my results and then see if I can apply for Bristol/Nottingham or not

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else having sleeping problems/nightmares?

ReputationRep:
    When/where can we see examiner reports? (Thanks MoonVirgo btw )

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Ahh because it's a London uni and it's expensive? Respect for getting an offer though!

You revised a lot I'm sure you did amazing. At least you get to see if you go the grades for Cambridge. I have to go in and get my results and then see if I can apply for Bristol/Nottingham or not
    Yeah, and it's 'not worth moving away from home for' apparently.

Thanks, I really hope all that revision shows itself in my results

Ahh are you applying with a gap year? I really hope you do well! What course do you want to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cluster1)
    What post are the mark schemes on

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The very first one of this thread scroll down till you see 'Exam Papers and Mark Schemes'. Only Edexcel's are available for now though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    The paper was sooo easy lol. But I hope you are right!!!!! What are your boundary predictions?
    69-70. 66 for M2? It wasn't that hard.

ReputationRep:
    My Uni isn't going into clearing so they lowered their asking grades of AAA to ABB.

Does that mean they will be harsh and only accept those that have met or exceeded or because there is no clearing they may be lenient?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    When/where can we see examiner reports? (Thanks MoonVirgo btw )
    The people who have special access to exams materials from AQA/Edexcel have said these would be available to them on 17th but I don't think they guaranteed they could retrieve them and post them on time. Public access won't be till early next year I suppose. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    My Uni isn't going into clearing so they lowered their asking grades of AAA to ABB.

Does that mean they will be harsh and only accept those that have met or exceeded or because there is no clearing they may be lenient?
    What uni?

ReputationRep:
    if my AS maths and further maths modules were cashed in last year, does that mean that they cannot be rearranged and are locked in as part of A2 maths and further maths respectively - even if a certain combination would give me better grades overall?

for example, these were my modules last year:
    AS maths:
    C1 - 87 (lol)
    C2 - 95
    M1 - 99

AS further maths:
    FP1 - 79 (lololol)
    D1 - 98
    S1 - 95

does this mean that C3, C4 and M2 MUST go to my A2 maths grade, or can D1 and D2 slide over to maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    What uni?
    Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    The people who have special access to exams materials from AQA and Edexcel have said these would be available for them on 17th but I don't think they guaranteed they could retrieve them and post them in time. Public access won't be till early next year I suppose. x
    Makes sense, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somevirtualguy)
    Anyone else refused to join freshers group chats or Facebook pages in the fear you might jinx your results? 😳
    My year group has a group chat, needless to say everyone is *****ing themselves on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    if my AS maths and further maths modules were cashed in last year, does that mean that they cannot be rearranged and are locked in as part of A2 maths and further maths respectively - even if a certain combination would give me better grades overall?

for example, these were my modules last year:
    AS maths:
    C1 - 87 (lol)
    C2 - 95
    M1 - 99

AS further maths:
    FP1 - 79 (lololol)
    D1 - 98
    S1 - 95

does this mean that C3, C4 and M2 MUST go to my A2 maths grade, or can D1 and D2 slide over to maths?
    I would describe your school as 'incompetent' if they have not re-cashed your units, or whatever the term is (i.e the units can be moved around as per the algorithm or whatever it is that maximises both grades) so if your school offers Further Maths as a taught subject then you probably have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do AQA English Lang Lit and study the Crucible?

I would absolutely love an A but I think I got a B :/ Which I'm really nervous over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I would describe your school as 'incompetent' if they have not re-cashed your units, or whatever the term is (i.e the units can be moved around as per the algorithm or whatever it is that maximises both grades) so if your school offers Further Maths as a taught subject then you probably have nothing to worry about.
    if i find out on results day that because of a cashing issue my grades have not been maximised, can i have them recashed then and there? or is my result permanent?

would it be worth emailing my school and asking them now, or will it make no difference?

ReputationRep:
    No im terrified... fml. im so scared :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Yeah, and it's 'not worth moving away from home for' apparently.

Thanks, I really hope all that revision shows itself in my results

Ahh are you applying with a gap year? I really hope you do well! What course do you want to study?

Oh yeah I got that one from my parents too. I just want to get away from my mum tbh. Would kill for an offer from Bristol or Nottingham but I need an A in English this year because I'm doing it for A2.

Erm no I decided to retake AS and so I'm doing 2 ASs and 1 A2.. I want to do English or History preferably. Not worth moving out for according to my delightful mum

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.