Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Giants got serious momentum at the moment, not sure if they can score with Green Bay but I consider them a more genuine threat than the 49ers at this stage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Giants got serious momentum at the moment, not sure if they can score with Green Bay but I consider them a more genuine threat than the 49ers at this stage
    49ers have about as much credibility in the playoffs as the Broncos.
    Defence hasn't won championships for a long time, and you can't have an offence whose biggest achievement this season was breaking the record for FG's in a season..

ReputationRep:
    http://sundayafternooncigs.blogspot.com/ new NFL blog, take a look if interested gents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rekyht)
    49ers have about as much credibility in the playoffs as the Broncos.
    Defence hasn't won championships for a long time, and you can't have an offence whose biggest achievement this season was breaking the record for FG's in a season..
    Defense hasn't won championships for a long time? Are you high? Ask the 2007 Giants if defense doesn't win championships. Defense ALWAYS wins championships in the NFL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baltimoron)
    Defense hasn't won championships for a long time? Are you high? Ask the 2007 Giants if defense doesn't win championships. Defense ALWAYS wins championships in the NFL.
    Defence helps alot. And I'm not saying the Number 1 defence doesn't mean anything, but in this era the Number 1 or 2 offence is a way better thing to have than the same defence.

At the end of the day, defence puts you in a position to win games, Offence wins them for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rekyht)
    Defence helps alot. And I'm not saying the Number 1 defence doesn't mean anything, but in this era the Number 1 or 2 offence is a way better thing to have than the same defence.

At the end of the day, defence puts you in a position to win games, Offence wins them for you.
    I still disagree. Look at the 2002-2003 Super Bowl. The league's #1 offense (Raiders) played the league's #1 defense (Buccaneers) in the Super Bowl. The Buccaneers absolutely dominated the Raiders. Give me the #1 defense any day of the week.

On a different note, my how far those teams have fallen. Sucks for them lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Just found this thread, and it makes me happy I'm a major Steelers supporter!

ReputationRep:
    I want to learn about American football but I don't know where to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by checkolad)
    Which parts of American football? This website explains the game quite well http://www.nfl-360.com/learn

ReputationRep:
    Best way to start is either by visiting NFL 360 as suggested above, or watch a few games! If you do both, then you'll soon start understanding the game, and the more you watch the more you'll understand!

It's pretty awesome once you understand it

Welcome to our NFL Cult

ReputationRep:
    See above. Or join a team. There's plenty around.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this has been posted before but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x090P0xglA

Best time out ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgesundae)
    Not sure if this has been posted before but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x090P0xglA

Best time out ever!
    Mike Tomlin is such an awesome guy...

Great stat from Neil Reynolds on twitter:

The New England Patriots have not beaten a team with a winning record this season. They only played two (NYG & PIT) and finished with the number one seed in the AFC.

Have the pats had an easy schedule or what? Will be interesting when they play the Ravens and/or Steelers (not holding much hope on our chances without Ben in the divisional round mind you, we should still be able to beat the Broncos)

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what's the best website for streaming live NFL games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rural_boy)
    Guys, what's the best website for streaming live NFL games?
    veetle.com is quite good.

ReputationRep:
    how long are the matches, they seem to go on for hours

ReputationRep:
    CFB anyone?

Tigers - Tide tomorrow! Backing LSU all the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idris Dragon)
    The New England Patriots have not beaten a team with a winning record this season. They only played two (NYG & PIT) and finished with the number one seed in the AFC.
    Not really a great stat since about 5 of those teams were winning teams until they played the Pats.

ReputationRep:
    7-6 Broncos. it's TEBOW TIME

(it isn't like I want the Broncos to win so that we don't have to play the Steelers in our first playoff game...)

ReputationRep:
    Broncos O line looked great on that drive. Every time I see them play Tebow looks like he has as much time in the pocket as he needs, and obviously their running game is really good.. yet as far as I know they're not really known for a top O line. What's the story there?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.