Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

does middlesex university say this to everyone who gets an offer?

i received an email and it says this:

Good news! We’re delighted to say that we think you’re great. So great, in fact, that we’ve made you an official offer to study with us. Congratulations. The tutors were very impressed by your application – you’re just the person we’re looking for at Middlesex.

do they say this to everyone who receives an offer? i am not sure whether to take it as patronizing or a good thing

(Original post by TheGameOfScience)
      do they say this to everyone who receives an offer? i am not sure whether to take it as patronizing or a good thing
      It is a bit patronising, isn't it. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
      It is a bit patronising, isn't it. :laugh:
      i know looooool!! was my application that bad that they patronised me and offered me in pity... actually i think its because i mentioned that i help and teach kids with science *facepalm* i now hate middlesex uni, defo not putting that as my firm or insurance:mad: can i ask u a question? how would you feel about that or do next if they or another uni sent that to you?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lNurl)
      My dear friends

No more exams and 12 days of freedom. :bigsmile:
      What are you doing for a celebration?

does middlesex university say this to everyone who gets an offer?

i received an email and it says this:

Good news! We’re delighted to say that we think you’re great. So great, in fact, that we’ve made you an official offer to study with us. Congratulations. The tutors were very impressed by your application – you’re just the person we’re looking for at Middlesex.

I like Middlesex. :moon:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
      What are you doing for a celebration?

I like Middlesex. :moon:
      ozur dilerim, anlamadım,why do you like middlesex? i feel like middlesex just mugged me off they so patronizing i am defo not firming it!!!

ReputationRep:
      ozur dilerim, anlamadım,why do you like middlesex? i feel like middlesex just mugged me off they so patronizing i am defo not firming it!!!
      Turkish middlesex party guys are pretty entertaining

ReputationRep:
      Turkish middlesex party guys are pretty entertaining
      Loooooool my cousin graduated from middlesex last year so i guess he is part of that
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      What are you doing for a celebration :
      Cleaning the house, how fun can it be ! we gonna have guests at this weekend

ReputationRep:
      arghhh damnit i am in a2 and my exam boards are psych chem- AQA and biology- OCR, if you are doing aqa A spec in psych i can give you some full ums notes for unit 1, that i got from a thread and a great person called nm786 sent me
      Could you please send me those notes? would be so so helpful. Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but i am Turkish

ReputationRep:
      Hi guys :hi: half turk half cypriot here

(Original post by rosewater1)
        Could you please send me those notes? would be so so helpful. Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but i am Turkish
        :huff:

You only come to us when you need us.

ReputationRep:

I'm a new member! and no i'm here for you lovely lot

ReputationRep:
        helloo i am half cypriot myself sure i'll send u the notes, what other a levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:

loooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
        helloo i am half cypriot myself sure i'll send u the notes, what other a levels are you doing?
        Thank you! half cypriots FTW :five: biology, maths, chemistry and general studies

ReputationRep:
        Thank you! half cypriots FTW :five: biology, maths, chemistry and general studies
        YES!!! LOOOL woah thats a lot so u do psy on top of that which equates to like 5 a levels :O i also do chem and bio, absolutely love chem and bio so much, one day i am always think i like chem better other days i always think i like bio better lol

ReputationRep:
        YES!!! LOOOL woah thats a lot so u do psy on top of that which equates to like 5 a levels :O i also do chem and bio, absolutely love chem and bio so much, one day i am always think i like chem better other days i always think i like bio better lol
        But i dont do anything for general studies, have read some pages out of the book and i dont get it im scared of burning stuff and mixing things so im not a huge fan of the practicals in chemistry

ReputationRep:
        But i dont do anything for general studies, have read some pages out of the book and i dont get it im scared of burning stuff and mixing things so im not a huge fan of the practicals in chemistry
        ohhh LOOL i can understand that, but i think thats one of the best parts of chemistry its the only science and subject where you can blow stuff up its so amazing and chemistry is everywhere gases even hitting our faces whilst we type our messages on the keyboard also made of plastic, such an amazing science, although i chose to study biology instead i never did a level maths or physics so i would struggle with chem at degree level although i enjoy it so much, but biology is also interesting as well and its where science truly started for mee... lol sorry i kind of blabbed on here *facepalm* sorry

ReputationRep:
        ohhh LOOL i can understand that, but i think thats one of the best parts of chemistry its the only science and subject where you can blow stuff up its so amazing and chemistry is everywhere gases even hitting our faces whilst we type our messages on the keyboard also made of plastic, such an amazing science, although i chose to study biology instead i never did a level maths or physics so i would struggle with chem at degree level although i enjoy it so much, but biology is also interesting as well and its where science truly started for mee... lol sorry i kind of blabbed on here *facepalm* sorry
        At least you probably dont spill things twice during your practical assessment surely they'll teach you the maths you need for your chemistry degree? you probably dont need maths, i dont think differentiating the equation of a curve will be completely necessary for chemistry

ReputationRep:
        At least you probably dont spill things twice during your practical assessment surely they'll teach you the maths you need for your chemistry degree? you probably dont need maths, i dont think differentiating the equation of a curve will be completely necessary for chemistry
        looooooool aha true they will teach you the maths but at the time i didnt think i will be able to handle it and its a lot more complex maths like vectors, co-ordinates differentiation , calculus, statistic, angles (but a complex version) including quite a lot of maths from physics a levels plus maths was never my strong suit despite my interest for science, but i should have trusted myself, i mean after all it is just practice right?although its too late now for me to change but i might either go through clearing and get into a uni that does chemistry or just switch pure biology for biochemistry since all of the universities i have applied for don't do chemistry for some reason. well one of them does i think lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
      US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.