Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No wonder we get the ones that know everything - they're the clever ones :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    No wonder we get the ones that know everything - they're the clever ones :p:
    In other news, your clinical interviews are a little bit mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyraell)
    In other news, your clinical interviews are a little bit mental.
    oh? Explain? I obviously didn't have to do one :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    i really don't get this exam thing. do some medical schools have complete assessment by multiple guess?
    All my written exams are MCQ's this year, I do have OSCE's and essays to write also though that count towards my mark.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Ugh why did I enjoy limb anatomy when we studied it? Revising it is painful.
    I was just on the medical word game (and couldn't understand the link between extensor carpi radialis and saliva, as I was thinking it was the association game :p:) and I could definitely tell that you'd been revising limb anatomy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I was just on the medical word game (and couldn't understand the link between extensor carpi radialis and saliva, as I was thinking it was the association game :p:) and I could definitely tell that you'd been revising limb anatomy
    I realised I forgot to add a brevis/longus to that! I know, I try to put things in there that I'm currently studying/revising, in the vain hope that it will stir up some kind of memory in me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    I'm sure most medical students would be happy to go to Barts or Georges, but inevitably, it seems, they occur the last two London choices of every Oxbridge transfer preferences.
    Let's keep it that way! It's bad enough the GEPs merge into the same stream as us once we get to T-year!

I actually know a final year Cambridge transfer at George's. He's pretty happy here too.

ReputationRep:
    Am I leaving revision a bit late to start "sometime this week" with exams starting last week of May? Everyone else seems so keen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Am I leaving revision a bit late to start "sometime this week" with exams starting last week of May? Everyone else seems so keen...
    I have the entire year 2 syllabus to revise for a whopper exam 2nd week june. i know of keeno's who started rev as soon as we broke up for easter...surely that's cheating?!

ReputationRep:
    Pfft.

If you started any earlier, you'd've forgotten it all by the time exams come around anyway
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Naa, Iv got an SSC due, in a week, and iv barely touched the research, then a Clinical Skills examination and 3rd Medical Knowledge exam mid may.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I've suddenly had a batch of negs from posts I made atleast 6 months ago, very strange.

I should currently be revising diabetes, fun times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carcinoma)
    Naa, Iv got an SSC due, in a week, and iv barely touched the research, then a Clinical Skills examination and 3rd Medical Knowledge exam mid may.
    Hush, hush. Best not think about those. Essay's getting no where. And you forgot the PA.

ReputationRep:
    Should be writing my SSU, thank goodness mine's nowhere near as long as yours. Instead, I'm doing paperwork for job number 3. Why can't people just be good and fill in their census forms. Make my life a whole lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't find an appropriate thread; is there an "Ask a med student" thread?

Anyways, would you guys say a laptop/desktop is needed for medical school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Couldn't find an appropriate thread; is there an "Ask a med student" thread?

Anyways, would you guys say a laptop/desktop is needed for medical school?
    Just ask in the usual medicine forum - someone will find it.

Anyway - yes, how else are you supposed to access facebook/wikipedia/TSR?

As for any degree a computer is incredibly useful - internet access for looking things up, writing up essays, using online resources from the university etc etc. You could always use library computers - but do you want to not have easy access to a computer at home.

It's a no brainer isn't it?
    • PS Helper

(Original post by Mushi_master)
    There aren't SBA's in first year now? It was all MCQ/EMQ last year.

[EDIT] Just realised I read that wrong, of course it was SBAs/EMQs last year (not short answer like I read it somehow!)
    Haha If you don't mind me asking, where are you living this year? Cuz we've been looking at flats in Bermondsey and they're a bit hit and miss I think, but I don't even know much about the area myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billet-doux)
    Haha If you don't mind me asking, where are you living this year? Cuz we've been looking at flats in Bermondsey and they're a bit hit and miss I think, but I don't even know much about the area myself!
    I live in Rotherhithe (near Canada water station), really nice area, much more suburban/residential than other nearby areas and certainly more leafy - can get some very nice houses and is definitely affordable.

Bermondsey certainly can be a bit hit and miss - I would try and take in the area around the places you're looking as it can be pretty grim tbh. A lot of people tend to go for places around Old Kent road, so it can be very social around there. Again not so nice mind.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why the wasting associated with type 1 DM doesn't occur in type 2? I know the insulin is still there and exerting some effect, but lipolysis is still increased because of disinhibition of hormone sensitive lipase... A research paper seems to suggest DM2 patients have lower HSL levels but i'm not sure about the whole issue.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.