Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annadorts)
    Same here but for maths, I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!
    Ha, thanks, I'm not getting my hopes up though. Thankfully I'd also be happy with my insurance which is just AAB.
    Are you relying on getting into Bristol or do you also have an insurance that you'd like to attend?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    I am actually looking forward to looking at the grade boundaries for an exam I never took (Edexcel C3) The amount of complaints that exam got has got me interested in it :lol:
    I have a feeling they won't be as low as people are hoping/expecting, and there'll be even more outrage :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    aw well my personal statement is sorted already ( i can send it you privately to have a read if you wish but thankyou so much and good luck to you! did you get an offer for kings btw ?
    yea PM me and i'll have a look, i'll PM you mine if you wanna see it.
    thanks, good luck to you too!
    yeaa I got an offer and i've firmed them, really hope I get it

ReputationRep:
    Every day I check on here hoping that someone posts:
    "omg exam results have been leaked early on edexcel results plus"

I wish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_green_day)
    Oh is that the search for identity thing? I had to do WW1 literature, we had Wilfred Owen like you had Yeats. How much did you get done? :L
    Yeah, I really enjoyed studying Frankenstein. At first I was disappointed because we were supposed to be studying Jane Eyre and I'd already read that and it's one of my favourite books but then we got a different teacher and for some reason we did Frankenstein instead. But I actually liked it in the end so that was ok. Ah that's interesting. Did you enjoy studying it? Also did you get good exam questions? I was quite pleased with the exam questions I got, although I'm still really worried about it because I think I may have rambled on a bit too much... :/ I wrote about 6 or 7 sides for each of the essays. Are you continuing with English lit next year as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padouken)
    Probably one every few years. They're geniuses; too smart for exams and a levels and find it boring, so they don't bother revising all this unnecessary crap.

(Original post by Tuya)
    You might be familiar with ikr then - I Know Right (I thought ikr sounds pretentious) - I'm implying Oxbridge also have exceptional students, given the standard of most applicants anyway...
    Ohhh I see. how do unis even find out about these kinda people? or vice versa, if you're that kinda person you dont just go 'oh hey oxford im superrrr smart, too good for a levels, please let me in :ahee:' ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    I have a feeling they won't be as low as people are hoping/expecting, and there'll be even more outrage :lol:
    True dat. People just assumed the boundaries would be 1 mark for 100UMS since it was in the news.
    Had it been the original paper, I doubt it would have made the headlines, and the boundaries could have been slightly higher too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodyspelling)
    Every day I check on here hoping that someone posts:
    "omg exam results have been leaked early on edexcel results plus"

I wish
    that would be so good!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on holiday on Tuesday and my parents are texting me my results so I pray it's good news or it will ruin the holiday I'm terrified!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    Ohhh I see. how do unis even find out about these kinda people? or vice versa, if you're that kinda person you dont just go 'oh hey oxford im superrrr smart, too good for a levels, please let me in :ahee:' ahaha
    Usually the standard application process reveals them. And I think those smart people wouldn't make a huge deal of being that smart - usually because they don't know it, until an interviewer finds out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbie Keates)
    I'm going on holiday on Tuesday and my parents are texting me my results so I pray it's good news or it will ruin the holiday I'm terrified!!!!
    But imagine how awesome your holiday would be if you good the good results/firm offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lorem Ipsum)
    It's a hard life.

What do you play? And which A-Levels are you waiting for?
    Violin/viola primarily, but I play a bit of harp and piano. And I sing! Waiting for A levels in EngLit, history and music...need to get A*AA and freaking out big time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbie Keates)
    that would be so good!!
    And when they do, they're trolls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)
    But imagine how awesome your holiday would be if you good the good results/firm offer!
    I know!!!!! best holiday EVER!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    yea PM me and i'll have a look, i'll PM you mine if you wanna see it.
    thanks, good luck to you too!
    yeaa I got an offer and i've firmed them, really hope I get it
    oh wow good luck for thursday then,and who knows i might even see you in a couple of years! I'm planning to firm Kings too if i get the requirements to do pharmacy,which are AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    If that happens I think anyone involved in that paper will mysteriously vanish overnight :lol:

The Facebook page about it has about 16K likes thats almost half the amount of the people that took it :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    We can almost say 'results day this week' :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    If that happens I think anyone involved in that paper will mysteriously vanish overnight :lol:

The Facebook page about it has about 16K likes thats almost half the amount of the people that took it :lolwut:
    You mean, a quarter of those who took it...

...And their sympathetic friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamJHill)
    Well I usually get new York deli from dominos but we can get two!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yukky! I'm not a fan, I quite like the veggie feast from dominoes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunny96)
    We can almost say 'results day this week' :eek:
    We can! Officially, the week begins on a Sunday!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.