Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah should do it. although you'll probably end up with him on "loan" for a few seasons, they've already put some barca DNA in.

Barca's transfer business is devoid of any class after that fabregas saga. Can't wait for them to do it to pepe reina :rofl2:
    Completely forgotten about the barca DNA. If they start it again. God help us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    We were apparently interested in signing Greiner back in 2008 before he penned a contract with Lyon. Unusual for Wenger to be so open about potential transfers like this, and also slightly odd he'd be 'following' him for so long now. Never seen the guy play tbh, but Wenger must be keen. Personally, forgive me for being a little skeptical the next time we dip into the French market for our next signing.
    Chamakh is just the same as Arshavin, they both have great ability but they lack the attitude. Maybe its because they were getting older and couldn't be asked to put in a shift any more. Younger players like Cesc and Nasri have that determination and energy to succeed, no wonder they flourished under Wenger

ReputationRep:
    A part of me would love to witness the sheer horror of spurs fans if we signed Bale... Evil fantasy if you like..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Anyone else think we should make an offer for Neymar?

40m plus the money they owe us from Hleb and Cesc should do it.
    Come on now man don't be silly.

That kind of transfer move would completely stunt Benik Afobe's progression as no 1 striker next season. I say we convert Neymar into a RB if we do buy him. Means that if Sagna leaves, Neymar can be our main RB and we gradually ease Jenkinson in as the season goes on. I'm not sure where this would leave Neymar though once Jenkinson takes over from him in that role - I guess if Fabianskis leaving then Neymar could have that potential to be backup goalkeeper.

Anyway, who knows! Neymar has been a brilliant talent in the J-League this season, so not surprised we're going for him. Personally, I never miss a J-League game. Thrilling stuff week in week out.

ReputationRep:
    Love the Arsenal thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Love the Arsenal thread.
    Who doesn't?

ReputationRep:
    Some call it delusion, I call it entertainment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Whoever said that next years CL is ours to lose needs to be put down. What an absolutely ludicrous statement. Only way that would be the case is if we signed Messi or Ronaldo and even then we'd need improvements in other areas of the squad. Compare our squad to Bayern and you'll realise how far we are from being the top club in Europe.

And this Pogba discussion is shocking, maybe we would have had a chance signing him when he was in France but we have no chance now. Juve would not sell the most promising young midfielder in Europe.
    It was me who said that. Only at Arsenal do the fans put down other fans for aspiring for success. Like christ sakes, just change teams already.. Did you hear about AS Monaco? A team with barely any success but some cash, they are attracting big names already and are aspiring, no one is calling them crazy. bugger off!
    (Original post by jam277)
    Guy

Fabregas, pogba, higuain. Man I know I still have uni but whatever you're smoking is worth failing an exam for. :rofl2:
    Swear down Chamberlain up front.
    What i'm smoking is the shiznit mate.. but no really, we have the money.. you watch, this summer is going to be Arsenal "Galacticos" team.. and ox isn't upfront, him and Walcott are supposed to be in advanced wing positions with either Higuain or Jovetic playing slightly behind them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DentalPlan4lisa)
    It was me who said that. Only at Arsenal do the fans put down other fans for aspiring for success. Like christ sakes, just change teams already.. Did you hear about AS Monaco? A team with barely any success but some cash, they are attracting big names already and are aspiring, no one is calling them crazy. bugger off!

What i'm smoking is the shiznit mate.. but no really, we have the money.. you watch, this summer is going to be Arsenal "Galacticos" team.. and ox isn't upfront, him and Walcott are supposed to be in advanced wing positions with either Higuain or Jovetic playing slightly behind them.
    I call em crazy, they're spending a lot of money of some pretty average players. If arsene wenger spent 60mill on james rodriguez and moutinho there would be up raw

ReputationRep:

So no strikers? So basically you've found a modern twist to the archaic 460 formation. I see what you've done there :yy:

Advanced wing position :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I see everyone is getting pissed off and abit carried away. I think Abiraleft should close the thread for a few hours, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I call em crazy, they're spending a lot of money of some pretty average players. If arsene wenger spent 60mill on james rodriguez and moutinho there would be up raw
    And I call you a cynic
    (Original post by 419)
    So no strikers? So basically you've found a modern twist to the archaic 460 formation. I see what you've done there :yy:

Advanced wing position :rofl:
    What are you thick? Strikers don't always need to be in the most advanced position. Look at Barcelona's set up, messi actually plays behind the wingers.

ReputationRep:
    And I call you a cynic

What are you thick? Strikers don't always need to be in the most advanced position. Look at Barcelona's set up, messi actually plays behind the wingers.
    Well your persistent ill give you that. Dont think any arsenal fans would be too happy with us spending 60 out of a 70mill budget on james rodriguez and moutinho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Well your persistent ill give you that. Dont think any arsenal fans would be too happy with us spending 60 out of a 70mill budget on james rodriguez and moutinho.
    Ya I know, people would be pissed, but it's about the principle. This shows intent of Monaco's owners, when someone better comes on the market they are gonna be throwing crazy cash at them.. and what player wouldn't want to head down to the sunny party of France, where dodging taxes is encouraged :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And I call you a cynic

So, jovetic or higuain to play in the messi role for us?

ReputationRep:
    Ya I know, people would be pissed, but it's about the principle. This shows intent of Monaco's owners, when someone better comes on the market they are gonna be throwing crazy cash at them.. and what player wouldn't want to head down to the sunny party of France, where dodging taxes is encouraged :rolleyes:
    well unfortunately our owner doesn't have the same intent as the monaco owner does. But thinking that higuain is our messiah is pretty ridiculous and spending too much on above average players isn't much better because unlike monaco we dont have a bottomless pocket so any money we waste has to be accounted for. As for the tax dodging thing I couldn't care less if someone wants to pay tax or not im not that big on patriotism.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want us to turn into teams like chelsea, man city, psg, monaco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    So, jovetic or higuain to play in the messi role for us?
    I don't believe the position is actually called the Messi role.. so lucky for us, anyone we put there can make it their own.. It's a good position for team like Arsenal and Barca, who like to play the ball on the ground into their strikers. Despite having Giroud, arsenal aren't the crossing type of team, A higuain or Jovetic woudn't be affective playing off the last defender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    well unfortunately our owner doesn't have the same intent as the monaco owner does. But thinking that higuain is our messiah is pretty ridiculous and spending too much on above average players isn't much better because unlike monaco we dont have a bottomless pocket so any money we waste has to be accounted for. As for the tax dodging thing I couldn't care less if someone wants to pay tax or not im not that big on patriotism.
    I never said Higuain was our messiah.. but you gotta ask yourself though, when and where is he going to come from? Please don't say Wilshere.

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I don't really want us to turn into teams like chelsea, man city, psg, monaco
    Of course you don't, you wanna give players like Ramsey a chance to get constant runs in.

ReputationRep:
    What i'm smoking is the shiznit mate.. but no really, we have the money.. you watch, this summer is going to be Arsenal "Galacticos" team..
    Rofl!!
    Name:  1369621471485.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  51.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.