Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've now heard back from all my choices, have my interviews all in the next 10 days! One of which i got through today for thursday and i have an exam tomorrow! BUSY WEEK! need to prep a presentation now! Aw nervous, yet excited

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for manchester primary pgce on jan 10th!
    Woo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_disney)
    I've now heard back from all my choices, have my interviews all in the next 10 days! One of which i got through today for thursday and i have an exam tomorrow! BUSY WEEK! need to prep a presentation now! Aw nervous, yet excited
    When did u send in ur application n what are the unis?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I have interviews in January for Primary courses at Cambridge and Worcester universities. Still haven't heard from Warwick uni yet though...has anyone else applied for these and heard about interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Yay finally heard something back!

I am applying locally so do not think anyone will be going to the same thing, but I have yet MORE English and maths tests on the 18th December for the North Tyneside early years SCITT and if I pass those I go to interview

Also got a letter through the post, no email or change on UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. For those who are getting interviews? When did you send in your applications and how many days did you wait?

Also I was told by Ucas that the deadline is 5th Dec but I see people sending their application still? Has it been extended?

I sent in my application in on the 5th and I still havent received an acknowledgement from any unis! Should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_disney)
    That's amazing,best of luck!

Nothing for me today. Heard rumours Edinburgh will be announcing interviews this week, I'm just going for no news is good news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    I have interviews in January for Primary courses at Cambridge and Worcester universities. Still haven't heard from Warwick uni yet though...has anyone else applied for these and heard about interviews?
    Well Done I have an interview for Cambridge in Jan too..when's yours? Just wondering was your track updated for Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandyN91)
    Hi guys. For those who are getting interviews? When did you send in your applications and how many days did you wait?

Also I was told by Ucas that the deadline is 5th Dec but I see people sending their application still? Has it been extended?

I sent in my application in on the 5th and I still havent received an acknowledgement from any unis! Should I be worried?
    I sent mine in on 28th November, and was offered my first interview 6 days later. Warwick only acknowledge mine a couple of days ago though, so it will just depend on the uni how long you have to wait. I wouldn't worry yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    Well Done I have an interview for Cambridge in Jan too..when's yours? Just wondering was your track updated for Cambridge?
    Well done to you too! Mine's on 7th January. No, track hasn't updated for me. But it did say in their email that it wouldn't show up on track for a bit.

ReputationRep:

Hi

I sent my application in on the 21st and I had a rejection on the 2nd of Dec and then got an email on the 5th and 6th of December offering me interviews. I didn't get mines acknowledged for about 3 or 4 days after i sent in my application.

Hope you hear soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    Well done to you too! Mine's on 7th January. No, track hasn't updated for me. But it did say in their email that it wouldn't show up on track for a bit.
    Mines on the 7th too aaah right, it all makes sense now! I haven't gotten a chance to read the email fully as I'm so busy with uni! I'm only waiting on one more choice as well! Eeek!

ReputationRep:
    Woo interview at Edge Hill! But - huge problem! - they've scheduled it for the exact same time as one of my exams. I'm just counting down the hours until 9am when I can call up and hopefully reschedule! I wish I'd got my exam timetable BEFORE sending my application with the unavailable dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    Mines on the 7th too aaah right, it all makes sense now! I haven't gotten a chance to read the email fully as I'm so busy with uni! I'm only waiting on one more choice as well! Eeek!
    I guess I'll see you at the interview then! Hope your other choice replies soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbxox)
    Nope i haven't heard from them yet, i sent mine off last Wednesday.
    I am yet to hear from Bishop Grosseteste too.. I am so inpatient, just want to know!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryE5)
    Anglia Ruskin acknowledged my application this morning. Bedford have emailed asking for more details about experience but still not heard anything from bishop grotts, has anyone else heard anything?
    I am yet to hear back from Bishop Grosseteste too, I am so inpatient just want to know now!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    Got an interview for manchester primary pgce on jan 10th!
    Woo
    Haha Brooksy I've applied to both Manchester's aswell! When did you send your application off? Not heard back from Manchester (Uni of) yet!
    What have you got to do for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YesBurrows)
    Haha Brooksy I've applied to both Manchester's aswell! When did you send your application off? Not heard back from Manchester (Uni of) yet!
    What have you got to do for the interview?
    Youre at the mmu one on Wednesday right?
    for manchester you have to do;
    [MOD EDIT - Discussion of specific interview activites at specific universities is against TSR rules]

ReputationRep:

The 5th marked the beginning of universities taking 'control' of their applications, i.e from that date, providers could choose to shut down their open system. Essentially the power leaves the UCAS system and becomes the providers'; that's how I see it. If they do close applications, they may reopen again, but it is unlikely that will happen. You can see already on this page someone who hasn't yet submitted due to waiting for a reference has been met with the 'applications shut' notice from a university. It's a ridiculous system. But no, is not an extension. I believe providers can remain open until they are out of places, I don't think there is any set date for closing.

Definitely don't worry about the acknowledgements! Remember it has also been a weekend - in work days your choices have only had two days to look over your application so far, which is nothing. If you've sent it, they will have it, and apart from the skills tests there is nothing you need to do but step back and let go of it until you hear from them. ^^

(Original post by bumpadaisy)
    I still haven't got my second reference and now one of my choices now says no vacancies . I can't believe it, I'm seriously not happy. I did everything I could to get my application in early and now waiting for references scuppered one of my chances. This is a really unfair process
    Really, really sorry about this. It's absolutely freaking ridiculous that you didn't even have a chance. Surely they must realise what a rubbish system they've put in place now? It's like they think of it all as a game, when in fact it is our lives and futures. );
    I feel you are fully within your right to have a real guilt trip on that second reference now. Let them know that the choice closed because of their delay and as a result you now have just two opportunities remaining - and they MUST submit the reference or risk you losing those too. There is nothing wrong with a bit of a guilt trip, and it will hopefully encourage them to be quicker with the task if they are ever required to do it again.
    Again, sorry, but remember you have two choices left, it's not over. Focus on reaching out to those.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Bath Spa or UWE yet?! I was hoping it would be today but have heard nothing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.