Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Thanks. It went really well, it was so easy it's unreal. Can't wait to see what I look like on my college card though.

Ahhh nice to see another person doing Maths.
    Nice to hear that. And you probably look fine
    (we better not have to do an essay on enrolment day :angry:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    Nice to hear that. And you probably look fine
    (we better not have to do an essay on enrolment day :angry:)
    I doubt it, my hair looked terrible.. I'm such a girl.

You might not have to.. When I was doing it the woman just said it's to check if anybody will need extra help in September..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YanaIguana)
    Yeah! I'd love to show you ^.^ I'm still actually trying to find a website where I can publish them. I'll probably make a blog, though haven't got round to it yet.
    I'd love to read yours too.

I've never actually tried writing fan fiction before as I'm not too sure where to start there.

I love planning and shaping the story before I write it. I thinks it's better for me and I love coming up with characters. I'm not afraid to divert a little from the plan though as I think it's great to add fresh new ideas.

I'm looking to write a fantasy novel with pirates in it next. I feel they haven't been around for a long while in the market. I find it strangely scary how easy I find developing story ideas. I wish we had the chance to do this at GCSE.

I'm reading lots of books right now to improve my writing and develop my vocabulary. My goal right now is to improve my writing as I wouldn't say it's particularly great right now.

I'm sick of novels right now that don't test the reader's vocabulary (The Hunger Games is a prime example of this, great story but badly written in my opinion), so I don't want to go off doing the same. Obviously, I don't want to go off and right a Shakespeare style novel, but I do love words. XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome well if you do publish them, tell me, or I could PM you my email and you could just email me? I've considered having a blog, but I don't think I would remember to update it often enough I'm bad enough at updating my fanfictions. I'm not sure I have anything I'm that happy with at the moment, but as soon as I do I'll be quite happy for you to read it!

It gets kind of addictive, I find myself writing too much of it and not enough original stuff now. I'm trying to cut down, but when you're in the middle of a really long fanfiction story that's quite hard to do.

Some people do like planning! I think it can really help some stories, and I love planning characters and places, I just don't like to plan plots. I often have a rough outline in my head though.

A novel with pirates? That sounds amazing too you have some great ideas! Much more original than a lot of things I've read. Finding it easy to generate ideas can only be a good thing - you're lucky that you have such a talent! Yeah, I agree - I wish Creative Writing was available as a GCSE, or that at least English Language would have more of a creative writing element. I found school English rather disappointing.

Reading is always fun what are you reading right now? I think I probably need to improve my vocabulary as well - it doesn't seem to be as diverse as it used to be.

There are certainly lots of novels which are great story-wise but really, really simply written! I think Divergent comes under that as well - it's a great story, I enjoyed it, but it isn't challenging in the slightest. Words are amazing confusing sometimes, but always amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it, my hair looked terrible.. I'm such a girl.

You might not have to.. When I was doing it the woman just said it's to check if anybody will need extra help in September..
    Can't object to you being a girl and all, especially as you've finally admitted it (now you just have to change your gender symbol :laugh:)
    All I was told was we had to sign some forms, get our locker keys, timetables, etc. Although I have to find out what the history bridging work was aswell because I lost it (that gives me one day to do it :sigh:)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really set on an occupation yet. Maybe a novelist, lawyer, accountant, doctor, etc. :sigh:

You are forgiven
    (your name reminds me of another user but I cant remember who....)
    Another aspiring novelist here, I see. Preserve and anything is possible
    I also do a bit of writting on the side myself. Mainly one-shots and poetry (*cool, I know*)
    I'm more interested in tragedy, romance, sci-fi. No horror for me though....
    Dystopia? I'm doing an essay on that. Feel free to exhange ideas with me about it :laugh:

]
    Haha, I get that a lot I've been confused with L'Evil Fish a few times. It's quite amusing.

I hope so! Are those fanfiction one-shots or original one-shots? Poetry is amazing - I'm really bad at writing poetry, and I've always wished I was better at it. Some poems are really beautiful.

That's cool I've always struggled a little with romance aspects, although I tend to try and put them in my stories anyway to challenge myself - and because people seem to like reading stories with at least an element of romance. I've only started writing horror more recently, probably as a result of watching too much Supernatural...

Really? That's an awesome subject for an essay I just find the idea of dystopia fascinating - and it's so much more believable than a utopia, considering how the human race is.

ReputationRep:
    Can't object to you being a girl and all, especially as you've finally admitted it (now you just have to change your gender symbol :laugh:)
    All I was told was we had to sign some forms, get our locker keys, timetables, etc. Although I have to find out what the history bridging work was aswell because I lost it (that gives me one day to do it :sigh:)
    Haha, I might as well change it, I do get very upset if my hair doesn't go wrong and I do take forever to get ready.. :rolleyes:

That's pretty much what I did.

Walked into some building, got a slip of paper with my name on it, sat down with some woman, she checked over my GCSE results, got told to talk to some man, he made me confirm my AS choices, walked over to some place to give them £58 for equipment (I know I said it was £40 the other day, but it turns out I can't read :cool:), sat down and had my picture taken, walked into a different room and wrote the essay. Then I walked out, got a McDonalds and got the train home.

I have to pick up my timetable on the first day (along with my card).. I want it now.

What's bridging work? Is it kind of like stuff that you start in high school and finish off in college/sixth form? Yeah you might want to find out what it is pretty soon, especially if you don't have long to complete it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizziecr)
    what I just did the exact same ??!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was it from newalbumreleases?? I didn't even know it was coming out :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    Was it from newalbumreleases?? I didn't even know it was coming out :confused:
    no I got some of their old stuff, I prefer that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering can I get a bursary if my school haven't mentioned it yet like maybe they don't do it can i still get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no I got some of their old stuff, I prefer that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The one I downloaded was acoustics of tourist history + beacon and some covers??? Do you want the link to see?

ReputationRep:
    I just looked at a further maths paper and now I'm thinking what am i getting myself into. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    Haha, I get that a lot I've been confused with L'Evil Fish a few times. It's quite amusing.

I hope so! Are those fanfiction one-shots or original one-shots? Poetry is amazing - I'm really bad at writing poetry, and I've always wished I was better at it. Some poems are really beautiful.

That's cool I've always struggled a little with romance aspects, although I tend to try and put them in my stories anyway to challenge myself - and because people seem to like reading stories with at least an element of romance. I've only started writing horror more recently, probably as a result of watching too much Supernatural...

Really? That's an awesome subject for an essay I just find the idea of dystopia fascinating - and it's so much more believable than a utopia, considering how the human race is.
    Fanfiction one shots and I contribute my work to another site too (includ. DevianArt- feel free to check it out)
    So true- I think dystopia is more likely achievable than utopia due to the way we're hardwired
    Supernatural scares me :cry:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    When's everyone's first day of sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap my desktop looks amazing

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I might as well change it, I do get very upset if my hair doesn't go wrong and I do take forever to get ready.. :rolleyes:

That's pretty much what I did.

Walked into some building, got a slip of paper with my name on it, sat down with some woman, she checked over my GCSE results, got told to talk to some man, he made me confirm my AS choices, walked over to some place to give them £58 for equipment (I know I said it was £40 the other day, but it turns out I can't read :cool:), sat down and had my picture taken, walked into a different room and wrote the essay. Then I walked out, got a McDonalds and got the train home.

I have to pick up my timetable on the first day (along with my card).. I want it now.

What's bridging work? Is it kind of like stuff that you start in high school and finish off in college/sixth form? Yeah you might want to find out what it is pretty soon, especially if you don't have long to complete it!
    Sounds like you had a nice day apart from fretting over your hair- every girl is guilty of doing this at one point or the other
    What essay? :eyebrow:
    Work you have to do based on your subjects during the holidays ready for the first day of school. I've only had a week and a few days to do all the work because I only confirmed my sixth form on results day

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you had a nice day apart from fretting over your hair- every girl is guilty of doing this at one point or the other
    What essay? :eyebrow:
    Work you have to do based on your subjects during the holidays ready for the first day of school. I've only had a week and a few days to do all the work because I only confirmed my sixth form on results day
    I was thinking about my hair going wrong so I typed wrong instead of right. :rolleyes:

Had to write a side of A4 about where I see myself in the next 10 years..

Oh right so it's just more like preparation? Doesn't sound too bad haha.
    I'm sure you'll manage to get it done.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing OCR A level biology, chemistry A and physics A? Because I'm doing all the sciences on OCR.

I've decided that I want to do physics instead of history. I'm also doing maths.

Does anyone know what physics A on OCR is like?

ReputationRep:
    whaaaaaat year 12 whaaaaaat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about my hair going wrong so I typed wrong instead of right. :rolleyes:

Had to write a side of A4 about where I see myself in the next 10 years..

Oh right so it's just more like preparation? Doesn't sound too bad haha.
    I'm sure you'll manage to get it done.
    You were still thinking about your hair looking out of place..... :sigh:
    Me in 10 years = I don't know. Somewhere. Hopefully anywhere (not six feet under :laugh:)
    You say it doesn't sound too bad. Just for English I'm reading 2 novels, which is fine and all but then I have to do 5 essays on them coupled with the other bridging work (sad times, sad times ;cry

ReputationRep:
    do you eat lots of McDonald's I'm more of a subway kinda person

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahahaha... same

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.