Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnesium)
    Ah I didn't think of that! All I mentioned was that the buses might have used more fuel but overall this shouldn't be accounted for in the light that the page number of cars would overtake it
    Is there no mark scheme for this question
    Cant seem to find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humaid)
    Is there no mark scheme for this question
    Cant seem to find it
    Oh I took this exam a year ago lol. What was the question?

Best bet is to ask your teacher for the mark scheme since the 2014 paper won't be up anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I am also now doing BCP456 and 7 in the common weeks. Any tips on revising the sciences, especially physics 456 and 7? I really want to do well, I have gotten an A* already, but the thought of not getting that grade in August is daunting. Plus I am doing sciences at A Levels. So please share some of your tips, it would be really appreciated.

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by germanshepherd_)
    Hey Guys,

I am also now doing BCP456 and 7 in the common weeks. Any tips on revising the sciences, especially physics 456 and 7? I really want to do well, I have gotten an A* already, but the thought of not getting that grade in August is daunting. Plus I am doing sciences at A Levels. So please share some of your tips, it would be really appreciated.

xx
    Would recommend memorising the CGP revision guide. That's pretty much all you need and then doing all the past papers available to you.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanting to pair up and question eachother on facebook or smth for the core exams coming up??? (not sure how this site works)

ReputationRep:
    Hey people I'm sitting my biology 123 tomorrow & I think I've revised eveything. Is there any tips of what type of questions could come up like 6 markers or normal? Please help!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm sitting my biology 123 tomorrow. Is there any guidance or tips you can give me. I've tried my best with revision and done past papers but can you help me on any 6 mark ideas? Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Dswag)
    Hey guys I'm sitting my biology 123 tomorrow. Is there any guidance or tips you can give me. I've tried my best with revision and done past papers but can you help me on any 6 mark ideas? Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The six mark questions aren't too hard when you come to think about it. You're aiming to hit 6 marks which is Level 3 on the mark scheme. To get that, always link your answer to the question. Last year I got B's in my BC123 papers because I rushed the six mark questions and I didn't think about what I was writing - so I need to make up for it by retaking them this year. A good example of a 5/6 mark answer is one I did last night on a past paper:

Ranjit has high blood pressure. It is increasing his risk of heart disease. Explain blood pressure measurements and suggest why they vary between individuals.

Blood pressure is the pressure of the blood on the walls of the arteries. It has two values - a high value and a low value. (Explained what blood pressure is) - Level 1 Answer (1 or 2 marks)

The high value is when the heart muscle is contracting and thus forcing blood out of the heart and into the arteries. This increases one's blood pressure. The lower value is recorded when the heart muscle is relaxing, therefore the blood fills the heart and lowers the blood pressure. (Explained how blood pressure is measured) - Mid-Level 2 answer (3 marks)

Blood pressure measurements have 'normal' measurements which are a range of values due to the fact that factors such as height, weight, and gender affect blood pressure. (Explained the factors that affect it) - Now at the top of Level 2 on the Mark Scheme (4 marks)

Exercise can reduce blood pressure by lowering one's weight. (Suggested how a factor can reduce blood pressure) - Top of Level 3 on the Mark Scheme (6 marks)

Initially, I was going to talk about heart disease because of high blood pressure, but then I read the question and knew what the examiner wanted. When you explain a concept, always elaborate on it - even if you aren't sure it's correct. I only got into Level 3 on the mark scheme because I expanded my point on what affects blood pressure.

Hope that helps + hope you do well in the exam in two hours

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any notes for P456?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

Do you know how to get like full UMS in B456, C456, P456, P7, C7 and B7. I got 98 last year, in B123 and thanks to that it brought my overall grade up. Any ideas~???

ReputationRep:
    Wow.. back in the day when my life was easy

ReputationRep:
    gcses,,,,,,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monisj1)
    for the one i put 999.999999 is that wrong?
    yes

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.