The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Transferred di maria out for Sanchez

Turning out atm to be a good decision

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    on 73 points + BPS + ADM to play. Could put me in 1st place in the TSR league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    It's the $m question, isn't it. One or two people are touting Sanchez as 'essential' but imo there's no such thing as essential without a context. Especially where you have two other players who are delivering consistent returns and are priced high. You do what's best for your team and that may not be getting in Sanchez.

I got in Chambers and Howard this week at a four point hit so i'm pleased with that but I chose that above downgrading Pelle and upgrading Sterling to Sanchez, so it doesn't feel like a complete success, mainly because of the subsequent price rise for Sanchez.

I'm still undecided with what to do. Arsenal have a lot of attacking players and atm Pelle looks like a banker for the season. I think it could be unwise to get shot of him purely on the grounds Southampton have tough fixtures.
    I will definitely get rid of Pelle. It just whether or not to do it now or after 2 weeks once Southampton have played Leicester and Villa.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also got 73 points with bonus points to come

However I have no players to play

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Bonuses changed since I last checked after the matches were played.

49 points though. 3 defenders in my XI still getting me good points.

ReputationRep:
    81 for my backup
    49 for my main

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    There are a few essentials this season;

Aguero, Costa, and now Sanchez imo. Di Maria/Fabregas/Baines arguably as Fabregas constantly gets decent hauls and Di Maria has been excellent so far. And Baines is the best defender on FPL.

I don't think i can get Sanchez. I think I'm going Sterling to Nasri, and when Walcott is back starting again for him to come in for Nasri when he hits form. Sanchez just can't work with Baines/Aguero/Costa already in there. I'm rooting that Di Maria equals or beats Sanchez for the rest of the season. It's a big risk but to get Sanchez in this week would mean a 4 point hit.

Decisions. And Southampton really have messed me around this season. Alderweireld to Filipe Luis worked well this week. :facepalm2:

Wanyama 3rd sub too.

ReputationRep:
    How do I get Sanchez in? Do I get him in for Tadic Di Maria or Fabregas? Also who from Begovic and Cahill should go to fund the move.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    85 total.. had hoped it would be the highest, but see a few on 87 + 86 etc... still great week so far

2 left to play, goal keeper + chadli..

up to 3rd equalling my highest place this season..

Got to hope for a sunderland clean sheet, a decent haul for spurs, and a 0-0 in the manchester darby!

Bring on tommorow!

ReputationRep:
    The thing with midfielders benefiting from an extra point per goal and also a potential clean sheet point does give them a premium over expensive strikers.

There's a guy in our league that plays 4-5-1 and just has 3 cheap strikers (with Naismith his starter) and has Sanchez, Di Maria, Fabregas, Sigurdsson and Sterling across his midfield, those guys are monstering him points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    The thing with midfielders benefiting from an extra point per goal and also a potential clean sheet point does give them a premium over expensive strikers.

There's a guy in our league that plays 4-5-1 and just has 3 cheap strikers (with Naismith his starter) and has Sanchez, Di Maria, Fabregas, Sigurdsson and Sterling across his midfield, those guys are monstering him points.
    Tbh it's not overly difficult to have Aguero and Costa up front with the midfield 5 you mentioned.
    Personally I have aguero/Costa/welbeck with ADM/fabregas/sterling/siggy.

If you're fine with having low priced defenders and you're semi-decent in terms of increased squad value, you can quite easily do that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm downgrading welbeck to berahino to allow sterling to sanchez.
    Welbeck isn't bad but with Costa and Aguero I don't think I'll suffer too much without him.

As a Liverpool fan I can tell you there's absolutely no point having any of our players right now.
    Sterling was our only bright spark but he's quickly burning out whether it be from too much game time or specific man-marking.
    Dummet made him look useless, that's all I have to say.

ReputationRep:
    have to keep hold of henderson for another week to avoid taking a hit. Only got 6m with him so idk who i'd even replace him with

ReputationRep:
    Di Maria to Sanchez or Sterling to Sanchez plus 8-point hit?

Or both Di Maria and Sterling to Sanchez and Oscar?

ReputationRep:
    goal for aguaro is a little annoying, does not change a huge amount, but probably means I cant get any higher for this week..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)

Second one would be better. Not sure on Oscar yet though + Man United have an easy fixture next week.

ReputationRep:
    OMG just realised I'm up to 7th on the league

All time high!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)

Sanchez and Oscar is a way better pairing than ADM and Sterling.
    Although I'd be cautious - Di Maria on his game can bag you a ridiculous amount of points.
    I'd advise getting rid of Sterling and bringing in Sanchez ASAP though

ReputationRep:
    time for chadli to do something good... now the crowd have flocked around sanchez, he is my only midfield differencial..

Sesason so far has been so up+down... mainly due to my stupid decisions that either work really really well, or fail really really badly..

Started around 30th, climbed to 3rd, droped to 16th, and now climbed again to 3rd..

ReputationRep:
    not dropping ADM just yet.. to much of a reaction to two united games where he was never really going to get much..

Give him another easy game, and evaluate from there.

(that said, I have benched him for both these weeks so..)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.