Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    did you guys think this paper was harder than last years?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, how many marks would I loose for differentiating in 8b when we were meant to integrate. I have never seen any c4 past paper ask you to integrate a^bx . I did this and sub in the limits etc and got an answer which is obviously wrong but I spotted my mistake and integrated it but didn't have time to change my working, how many marks will I loose ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gajaka)
    For 8b i got 26/2ln3 and then for some reason decided to sinplify to 26/ln3 , I'd still get majority of the marks right?
    Yh u shuld do, am an idiot and took 1 more away and got 25/2ln3, do you remember how many marks it was, I think I'll lose 2 marks , hopefully only 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Help!!!!)
    Got 31.82 i thinks thats right 😞
    yeah yeah srry i cant remember exactly. But i was saying it was to 2dp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fanta4TheBanter)
    i lost a friend
    what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahLund)
    I thought that was a pretty standard paper. The second part of question 8 is the only one I feel I've definitely lost a couple of marks on.

It was a LOT better than C3!
    completely agree with this!! exactly how I've done. best of luck !! :-)

(Original post by nbofni)
    Did anyone else get mind ****ed by the last question? Or was that just me...

I just didn't understand whether the volume of a cone was being integrated, or if it was the integral of the curve - area of the PQ triangle...
    it was identical to the last question of June 14 except the integration was a lil bit trickier !! you need to do volume of curve minus volume of cone created by PQ and X axis where r was the radius ie 9 and the height was 2 - X coordinate of Q

(Original post by Medicjug)
    I think Im on the riskier cusp of the A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol same.... so worried about C3 as I have a potential range of answers depending on how nice they are with method marks and ecf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C++)
    Upon second thought, you're right. My logic was that, because it was not directly stated, it would be acceptable. There is no reason why that would be true; I answered without thinking.
    I did it in degrees too. Apparently we may get some marks...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got the x co-ordinate on 8a as 3e^-1, which is 0.01 different to the answer everyone is saying.
    When it got to y-9=9ln3(x-2) I divided through by 9 to get y/9 =ln3x-2ln3+1, with y=0, 0=ln3x/9 + 1 then e^-1=3x/9 and then x=3e^-1 ?!???!?!

Can someone tell me if this wrong or just another answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGuyRik)
    i don't want to mislead but im pretty sure it was in the thirties.
    thats okay. whats the answer to 8b you know?

ReputationRep:
    i lost a friend
    Somewhere along in the Calculus...

ReputationRep:
    C4 Edexcel Maths Paper with SOLUTION - 16 June 2015.pdf

Please rep when downloading, cheers.

Direct Download:
    http://www93.zippyshare.com/d/sxvc4j...une%202015.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody tell me how many marks will i lose for those mistakes? I got the right answer in degrees and in the ln2 question, I got 2 down, because I'm an idiot and got 48ln2-4. My method is totally correct in that one and my answers are correct until i get that 2 down.

ReputationRep:
    oh and also with y=3^x, when i integrated i got (3^x)/ln3, i swear my teacher taught me this?

ReputationRep:
    How much is 80ums in this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFP=big fat poo)
    what do you mean?
    The song...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsFiend)
    wasn't it sin(31.82) though?
    Yeah, you're right. I've drawn the wrong triangle. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly_a)
    did you guys think this paper was harder than last years?
    Yes this paper was not nice i liked all the past papers but not this one 😢😢 not getting my A now

ReputationRep:
    The song...
    don't know man, my brain is fried from the exam lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    Even though you get a completely different answer (27 as opposed to 0.4)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, the problem is that calculus is always done in radian measure. You could theoretically use degrees, but you would have to deal with π/180 somewhere in the future of the calculation. Perhaps edexcel will be lenient and permit 'incorrect mathematics', but I am not sure. The correct answer is 0.4.

ReputationRep:
    In the last question for the volume I subbed in the bounds wrong apparently 3^0 is 3 not 1 lol fml how many mark out of 6 would I have lost provided the cone part was right and the integral was right too 3/4??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.