Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Actually stunned people are stupid enough to believe we've any chance of signing Pedro when the guy literally signed a contract extension a month ago at Barca.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahdog)
    Whereabouts you sitting in the stadium mate?
    East stand upper tier, cheapest seats ygm. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Actually stunned people are stupid enough to believe we've any chance of signing Pedro when the guy literally signed a contract extension a month ago at Barca.....
    Ah I don't know, if people believe we might sign Benzema for £18.5m, then they'll believe anything.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I went Emirates cup was in 2010, beat Celtic 3-2. Good game and good banter with the Celtic fans aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    East stand upper tier, cheapest seats ygm. You?
    Igy boss hahaa, how much was it?
    I'm in the north bank which were 25 each. You a member too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Evra and Abidal both signed new contacts at their old clubs just days before leaving them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Evra and Abidal both signed new contacts at their old clubs just days before leaving them
    Evra was a 1 year extension with a new manager looming and a team in pieces and abidal was nearing the end of his career and had been at Monaco for only a year. Hardly the same as a guy who's been at Barca for YEARS who have just won the cl is it? Having said that I'm surprised he's signed an extension, he's obviously accepting his role as a bench warmer at his club.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Evra's was an automatic 1 year extension. Even once he 'signed' it, everyone knew he was off that summer.

ReputationRep:
    Haha Barcelona have a transfer ban..

So they sign Suarez for £75m last summer, and Arda Turan for £35m this summer.

The logic.

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd inside.

ReputationRep:
    yessss Arteta confirmed signing a new deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Haha Barcelona have a transfer ban..

So they sign Suarez for £75m last summer, and Arda Turan for £35m this summer.

The logic.
    Well the transfer ban means their "transfers" this summer can't turn out for barca until Jan 2016. So where are Aleix and Arda playing for the next five months (or are they effectively banned from playing? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahdog)
    Igy boss hahaa, how much was it?
    I'm in the north bank which were 25 each. You a member too?
    £29, very decent price. Nah, online member only :/

ReputationRep:
    Played again boys

Name:  IMG_20150707_195106.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  24.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    The Shed End put that in the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Well the transfer ban means their "transfers" this summer can't turn out for barca until Jan 2016. So where are Aleix and Arda playing for the next five months (or are they effectively banned from playing? )
    They'll most likely be loaned out to their former clubs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Would barca want to loan him back to athletico though? I mean I get the whole your enemies enemy is your friend, but would barca risk it considering the 13-14 season? And would the fans take him back even for 3 months?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jam277)
    Surely they will just keep playing for their current team until January when they can officially join? Whether they would actually be picked is another matter but it would make more sense than doing **** all for 6 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, nothing has been said about them playing for their current team till January which makes me think that they will spend 6 months hanging about doing **** all. Does their transfer ban affect training and all that stuff? Or just playing for their new team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Surely they will just keep playing for their current team until January when they can officially join? Whether they would actually be picked is another matter but it would make more sense than doing **** all for 6 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably gets complicated with who pays how much of the wages and ended up cup tied etc?

Easier to sign them up without all that nonsense and then make a decision as to where on loan afterwards.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.