Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR_898)
    Congrats on your offers! What was your offer for QMUL? I'm attending a Canadian school and so I'd like to know what kind of offer I'd get if I ever get one.
    Are you in Ontario because if not I think your potential offer might be different?

My offer is below:
    "A minimum of 90% in six grade 12 courses, at least five of which must be University Preparatory Courses (denoted by 4U). The sixth course could be a University/College Preparation Course (denoted by 4U/C)."
    Where'd you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    Are you in Ontario because if not I think your potential offer might be different?

My offer is below:
    "A minimum of 90% in six grade 12 courses, at least five of which must be University Preparatory Courses (denoted by 4U). The sixth course could be a University/College Preparation Course (denoted by 4U/C)."
    Where'd you apply?
    Yep, I am. That's not bad I guess. I applied to Durham, KCL, QMUL, LSE and Leeds. Only got a decision from leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR_898)
    Yep, I am. That's not bad I guess. I applied to Durham, KCL, QMUL, LSE and Leeds. Only got a decision from leeds
    Could I ask what you're average and LNAT are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandyyCD97)
    Oh, I got a quite pathetic score of 21😂I got my Warwick offer on November 12th and my Bristol offer on January 15th
    When did you apply and what are your AS/predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I have conditional offers from:
    -Leeds and Newcastle for AAA
    -Nottingham for A*AA.
    Got rejected by Durham.
    Waiting to hear from Bristol.

LNAT score: 27
    AS levels: AABB
    Predicted: A*AB (English, Biology, Maths)
    UCAS was sent off by my institution mid December, sat the LNAT mid Jan(v late)

ReputationRep:
    Applied end of October and sat LNAT early January. Does anyone have an idea as to when I'll hear wether or not I have an offer for Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherinecain)
    Better in terms of the degree at the end. What will be better regarded with employers etc? When you look at league tables there is only ever two or three places between the universities but would they prefer a degree from an 'ancient' university?
    I think that employers are likely to appreciate 'ancient' universities because they have a standing reputation already built throughout the years. If both aren't far off in the league table, then I guess it's just down to how you feel about the course and location!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattlally)
    When did you apply and what are your AS/predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
    I applied back in early November I got AAAB and predicted A*AA

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandyyCD97)
    I applied back in early November I got AAAB and predicted A*AA

What about you?
    I applied early December, got AABC and predicted A*AA. Still waiting on Nottingham, Bristol and Warwick!

ReputationRep:
    Are the universities, which have not given out all of their offers yet, waiting for the decisions of the students who have already gotten all their answers?

ReputationRep:
    My rejection is officially on Track from Bristol 💔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just checked King's apply and saw that I have an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebby123456789)
    I have conditional offers from:
    -Leeds and Newcastle for AAA
    -Nottingham for A*AA.
    Got rejected by Durham.
    Waiting to hear from Bristol.

LNAT score: 27
    AS levels: AABB
    Predicted: A*AB (English, Biology, Maths)
    UCAS was sent off by my institution mid December, sat the LNAT mid Jan(v late)
    When did you apply and receive your response from Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velvetgh0st)
    My rejection is officially on Track from Bristol 💔

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also got a rejection today from Bristol.
    Still waiting on Durham to make up their mind, but I'm a little less hopeful now that Bristol gave me no offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velvetgh0st)
    My rejection is officially on Track from Bristol 💔Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Anuta)
    I also got a rejection today from Bristol.
    Still waiting on Durham to make up their mind, but I'm a little less hopeful now that Bristol gave me no offer.
    Dang sorry guys :/ Bristol has been on a spree lately...

Definitely don't give up on Durham, especially if your LNAT went well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)

Țhank you for the kind words. I scored 30 on the LNAT, but I am an international applicant, so I'm not sure if that's enough. Fingers crossed, and thank you once more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anuta)
    Țhank you for the kind words. I scored 30 on the LNAT, but I am an international applicant, so I'm not sure if that's enough. Fingers crossed, and thank you once more.
    This is, by all means, an amazing score, and Durham has not shown to require different scores from international students (like KCL for instance which stipulates a minimum of 25).

Bristol doesn't seem to care much about the score to be honest, so it may not relate at all to how Durham works.

So yeah, best of luck and be vigilant

ReputationRep:

It is important to note the following:Both parts of the LNAT examination - the multiple choice score and the essay - are always considered by admissions selectors when assessing an application;No minimum score is required for the multiple choice part of the LNAT.

Source: https://www.dur.ac.uk/courses/info/?...016#admissions

Saw this on Durham website though.

ReputationRep:
    This is, by all means, an amazing score, and Durham has not shown to require different scores from international students (like KCL for instance which stipulates a minimum of 25).

Bristol doesn't seem to care much about the score to be honest, so it may not relate at all to how Durham works.

So yeah, best of luck and be vigilant
    Apparently Bristol count LNAT for 25% of the total when they compare candidates, Not sure what they give for some EU students that don't have GCSEs or equivalent:
    A level (or equivalent): 40%GCSEs : 20%Personal statement: 15%Additional test (LNAT): 25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al9121010)
    It is important to note the following:Both parts of the LNAT examination - the multiple choice score and the essay - are always considered by admissions selectors when assessing an application;No minimum score is required for the multiple choice part of the LNAT.

Source: https://www.dur.ac.uk/courses/info/?...016#admissions

Saw this on Durham website though.
    Exactly - on the other hand, KCL, Nottingham and UCL have been pretty clear on what they're looking for.

(Original post by crocface)
    Apparently Bristol count LNAT for 25% of the total when they compare candidates, Not sure what they give for some EU students that don't have GCSEs or equivalent:
    A level (or equivalent): 40%GCSEs : 20%Personal statement: 15%Additional test (LNAT): 25%
    I have seen this, but it doesn't really seem to fit in what's going on. I've seen at least four people on here with 30+ getting rejections, while others with 21-22 getting offers. Obviously this is anecdotal and may still fall within those boundaries, but these outcomes along with some personal experience suggest that the LNAT score at least is not taken very seriously.

Nothing absolute of course.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.