Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Summer 2017 Applications Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the KPMG 90 second audio submission yet?

ReputationRep:
    PwC test with 104 questions is looonnnngggggg

ReputationRep:
    HSBC rejection post (passed) tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaFrenchy)
    HSBC rejection post (passed) tests
    Sorry to hear man. Was this for IBD? Summer or Grad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Sorry to hear man. Was this for IBD? Summer or Grad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Summer IBD

ReputationRep:
    HSBC post passed test rejection too. IBD summer

ReputationRep:
    Does BAML reject instantly when failing the SJT? Or any way to find out whether you have passed?

ReputationRep:
    Just got a second email from HSBC confirming passed tests but it also says next round is phone interview if selected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwith)
    HSBC post passed test rejection too. IBD summer
    Omg u guys are scaring me ... I passed the tests too and got an email saying i met the minimum benchmark etc. Why u think u got rejected? Not target uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gman786)
    Omg u guys are scaring me ... I passed the tests too and got an email saying i met the minimum benchmark etc. Why u think u got rejected? Not target uni?
    Don't know actually... Target uni in continental Europe, top GPA :/ maybe mistakes in CV or CL

ReputationRep:
    Don't know actually... Target uni in continental Europe, top GPA :/ maybe mistakes in CV or CL
    Apply again with different email address...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have barclays hr email? Locked my account - can't remember my username so can't request new password...

ReputationRep:
    Apply again with different email address...
    Is it allowed? Doubt it :/

ReputationRep:
    Is it allowed? Doubt it :/

Lol everyone does it...

ReputationRep:
    They score the questions you answer on the application objectively against a sort of mark scheme and anyone who does not score high enough gets rejected. This is probably what happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    They score the questions you answer on the application objectively against a sort of mark scheme and anyone who does not score high enough gets rejected. This is probably what happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they do this pre tests because some people have received rejections without receiving tests

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    I think they do this pre tests because some people have received rejections without receiving tests

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, they can't. Because I submitted my application at 1am and had the tests by 8am unless HR were pulling an all-nighter? Normally they just check your uni and grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    Has anyone done the KPMG 90 second audio submission yet?
    yeh submitted it last friday still havent heard back :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A12R34)
    PwC test with 104 questions is looonnnngggggg
    what division is this for? I only had to do a logical and numerical for them (which they have said I have passed) but havent heard anything since. (I applied for strategic consulting btw)

ReputationRep:
    Does BAML reject instantly when failing the SJT? Or any way to find out whether you have passed?

Poll
Do you honestly judge a book by its cover?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.