The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk IV Watch

This discussion is closed.
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GHOSH-5)
:shifty: i hate doing physics a-level. i love physics. just not the course. I WISH TO GOD I DID FRENCH/LATIN IN SCHOOL AND PHYSICS ON MY OWN. :rant:

[/rant]

:console:
:hugs:
natty_d
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by led-zep-amh-121191)
Pardon? :confused:
like do something else, and then come back to it, then maybe you should pencil out your next moves INCASE they don't do it... :yep:
Unbounded
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by natty_d)
physics is well good, and i love the teachers, but the course is just soooooo long and exhaustive... :yes:
the course used to be a whole load better. it's become very wordy: emphasis on definitions of things, or describing things. before it used to have loads of hardcore mechanics. i can hardly call the mechanics we've done hardcore. at the open days at Imperial, Cambridge and Oxford i've been to, they all had a little rant about it - Imperial a lot actually :tongue:
Unbounded
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsi101)
:console:
:hugs:
je t'aime :love:
natty_d
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the course used to be a whole load better. it's become very wordy: emphasis on definitions of things, or describing things. before it used to have loads of hardcore mechanics. i can hardly call the mechanics we've done hardcore. at the open days at Imperial, Cambridge and Oxford i've been to, they all had a little rant about it - Imperial a lot actually :tongue:
i dont mind learning definitions, but its all very lateral thinking and explaining rather than doing some applied maths... :tongue: im defo not doing physics at uni though...
led-zep-amh-121191
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can't stand those two *****, and I swear to God, if I fail because of them, vengence shall be mine, sayeth the Lord!
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
je t'aime :love:
:blush:
natty_d
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can't stand those two *****, and I swear to God, if I fail because of them, vengence shall be mine, sayeth the Lord!
:rofl:
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

you won't fail. and darn you won't fail because of them because youd be damned if you do. i'd speak to my teachers because of them and express how you've done the work, put the time and effort in, show some evidence, and i'm sure she'll understand
natty_d
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:blush:
get another thread... :tongue:
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
get another thread... :tongue:
:eek: :ymca: :jiggy: :happy2:
natty_d
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:eek: :ymca: :jiggy: :happy2:
:tongue:
jaz_jaz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
type up a question you're struggling on, and we'll work through it together.
(my maths class consists of chavvy rude boys, who are suprisingly smart - so thats why im always asking for your help btw :redface:)

A girl walks 5km due eat from O to A and then 3km in a north-east direction from A to B. Find the distance of B from O and describe the displacement OB.

So I know displacement is a vector - distance and bearing is needed?
natty_d
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jaz_jaz)
(my maths class consists of chavvy rude boys, who are suprisingly smart - so thats why im always asking for your help btw :redface:)

A girl walks 5km due eat from O to A and then 3km in a north-east direction from A to B. Find the distance of B from O and describe the displacement OB.

So I know displacement is a vector - distance and bearing is needed?
distance and direction for vectors... :dontknow:

EDIT: I'm only applying what i know from physics, so ignore me.. :tongue:
jaz_jaz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
distance and direction for vectors... :dontknow:
magnitude and direction?
magnitude is distance right?
did my book lie to me?!:mad:
led-zep-amh-121191
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Right, that's it, **** this, I'm gonna go do MY share of the Media work, and let THEM worry about THEIR share. Laters.
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jaz_jaz)
magnitude and direction?
magnitude is distance right?
did my book lie to me?!:mad:

think so!

isn't that at GCSE? What exactly is the a level maths? just harder gcse but same basic topics but just expanded on gcse topics?
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Right, that's it, **** this, I'm gonna go do MY share of the Media work, and let THEM worry about THEIR share. Laters.

:yep:
jaz_jaz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
think so!

isn't that at GCSE? What exactly is the a level maths? just harder gcse but same basic topics but just expanded on gcse topics?
I didn't learn that at GCSE....
This is mechanics lol
Its like old topics, but moreeee expanded and new stuff too...i think.
led-zep-amh-121191
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And the funny thing is is that I think our little film, if we put enough TIME and EFFORT and HARD WORK and DEDICATION in to it, it could be the best one out of the lot, and we can sweep up during Oscar time (yep, that's right, our school hosts an Oscar-style event. Boo-ya!), but we're not going to get anywhere if no frickin' work is being done, are we? Or, maybe I'm just being a bit harsh, but that's the way I am, and so be it! Laters.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (813)
80.5%
Leave (197)
19.5%

Watched Threads