Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieLucenstiel)
    Moving tomorrow. I swear the amount of stuff I have is obscene (reassurances much appreciated). Ahhhh it's so exciting!
    Wahey, another Homertonian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious)
    It's probably not. I was determined to cut down on the amount of stuff I took in comparison to last year and ended up with:

Two large bags with wheels of clothes
    One large suitcase of business dress/gown/books etc.
    One plastic stacker of kitchen stuff
    One wheelie stacker of stationery
    A printer
    My laptop in its laptop bag
    A hobby box
    My messenger bag

These are all individual things that had to be carried - there literally wasn't any room to pack, say, my messenger bag in the suitcase... :erm:
    Ooh, this was the reassurance I was after. Excellent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    Wahey, another Homertonian!
    Yay see you tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Yay see you tomorrow!
    Yes indeed, see you then .

Ooh, this was the reassurance I was after. Excellent!
      Glad to be of service. :ahee: What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
      PPS, at Homerton. I'd ask you the same, but I just read your signature do you move in tomorrow?

PPS, at Homerton. I'd ask you the same, but I just read your signature do you move in tomorrow?
        Nah, I'm here already (looks like you newbies move in a day later cos you don't know what you're doing ). I'm slightly miffed that my room's more expensive than last year just because it's more modern - it has a lot less storage space! - but it's better than living 15 minutes away from college and half an hour from Sainsbury's. :dontknow: It's funny - I'm in a relatively quiet area of college out of the way and there are some freshers who've moved in already a day early. I've been hearing them padding up and down the corridor like lost puppies for the past hour or so. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
        First day of freshers' done!

Has a time/date been set for the meetup yet? I'll check when I'm free and vote if it hasn't.

(Original post by TimmonaPortella)

Has a time/date been set for the meetup yet? I'll check when I'm free and vote if it hasn't.
          Not officially, but Saturday afternoon is looking most likely. :yep:

I can tell you're keen to come!

ReputationRep:
          So what did you do?

I think cpdavis may have been invited to our barn dance / sardines party and I worry for his life :erm:

ReputationRep:
          Not officially, but Saturday afternoon is looking most likely. :yep:

I can tell you're keen to come!
          Well I do think it'll be pretty fun to put usernames to people

(Original post by ukdragon37)
          So what did you do?

I think cpdavis may have been invited to our barn dance / sardines party and I worry for his life :erm:
          Did the regular unloading baggage until about 1pm, drunk some complementary tea, met the other lawyers, pubbed with all the other freshers, ate curry with about half the freshers, drank in the college bar, and then just chilled with some other people from my block!

Starting to unpack now

And yeah, I talked to him before; he said he'd call me if he and (I think) James were going out, but didn't, so that fits.

What've you been doing?

ReputationRep:
          Did the regular unloading baggage until about 1pm, drunk some complementary tea, met the other lawyers, pubbed with all the other freshers, ate curry with about half the freshers, drank in the college bar, and then just chilled with some other people from my block!

Starting to unpack now

And yeah, I talked to him before; he said he'd call me if he and (I think) James were going out, but didn't, so that fits.

What've you been doing?
          Showed Craig my room, went to meet JB to get Windows working on his Mac but failed because we didn't have a blank DVD, met Harry (he's real! :eek3:) and also crashed the Catz freshers. I decided to go back to my room to unpack and Craig went to our pub quiz and to go drinking.

Charles has turned out to be quite the queen bee / social animal in Catz!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by ukdragon37)
          Showed Craig my room, went to meet JB to get Windows working on his Mac but failed because we didn't have a blank DVD, met Harry (he's real! :eek3:) and also crashed the Catz freshers. I decided to go back to my room to unpack and Craig went to our pub quiz and to go drinking.

Charles has turned out to be quite the queen bee / social animal in Catz!
          Which Catz person are you!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by FlobberDobber)
          Which Catz person are you!
          None of them

ReputationRep:
          hey is it safe to walk near parker's piece to get to the bus station at 8:00 am? i have heard cambridge is not safe anymore

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by nelz)
          hey is it safe to walk near parker's piece to get to the bus station at 8:00 am? i have heard cambridge is not safe anymore
          8am's quite light - I wouldn't be too worried. Besides, the main worry about Parker's is that the field itself has *awful* lighting (literally one lampost for the entire field). The road beside it is generally OK, plus near the police station

ReputationRep:
          thanks!!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by gethsemane342)
          8am's quite light - I wouldn't be too worried. Besides, the main worry about Parker's is that the field itself has *awful* lighting (literally one lampost for the entire field). The road beside it is generally OK, plus near the police station
          sorry, but let me just you one more question regarding settling in-where can i buy cheap saucepans from?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by gethsemane342)
          A rather famous lamppost

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by nelz)
          sorry, but let me just you one more question regarding settling in-where can i buy cheap saucepans from?
          Sainsbury's have 3 basics saucepans for £4.02, IIRC

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.