The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

I really hope that they bring back the Master but equally I really hope he does regenerate.

Perhaps he could have taken control of Galifrey.
Reply 3161
My universal remote sonic screwdriver has arrived :woo:. So far I haven't programmed it with anything as all my remotes (which you need to program it) for my things are dead so I need new batteries :laugh:. But it does have a feature which allows you to turn off any tv without programming it which I have been having fun with. Though one thing I will say is it's really well made, it's so much cooler than the toy ones. Would be amazing to use as part of a costume
Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam
They'll need to find Gallifrey before they can bring back The Master.

So they should probably find it within about five years.
Maybe they could find the master in an earlier carnation(sorry if someone mentioned this) I mean the master before John Simm. The master regenerated into John simm in the episode "Utopia" in series 3 He was the professor, who was THE MASTER before the professor incarnation?q The Doctor while travelling through time accidently could run in to a pre John Simm Master.
Reply 3163
Original post by steve moffet
Maybe they could find the master in an earlier carnation(sorry if someone mentioned this) I mean the master before John Simm. The master regenerated into John simm in the episode "Utopia" in series 3 He was the professor, who was THE MASTER before the professor incarnation?q The Doctor while travelling through time accidently could run in to a pre John Simm Master.

What if they did an episode or arc or whatever where the Doctor meets two incarnations of the Master. One from before Yana, and one after Saxon. Then, once the Doctor has bested them, whenever the Master turns up the next time he can either be one of those two incarnations.

I would say that they would both be Masters with different personalities to contrast each other and the Doctor, so one episode with the Master may be more cerebral, whereas the one after would be more action-y.
Reply 3164
Rose was 19 and Chris Ecclestone was like 40 and nobody had a problem with that. Not sure how old Clara is but Jenna is 27 so its a similar age gap. Besides I don't really want it to be romantic. Been there done that with Rose and (kind of?) River.
noooooo the cyber controller has died rip john lumic
Original post by Robbie242
noooooo the cyber controller has died rip john lumic

R.I.P. :frown:
He was David Tennant's father in "Goblet of Fire" as well...
Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam
R.I.P. :frown:
He was David Tennant's father in "Goblet of Fire" as well...

Ooh nice spot, I didn't actually remember that :smile: but yeah he was a great guy R.I.P :frown:
Original post by Robbie242
Ooh nice spot, I didn't actually remember that :smile: but yeah he was a great guy R.I.P :frown:

His time on "Only Fools and Horses" was excellent too, he was a great actor. R.I.P.
Official costume alert

Spoiler

I, quite frankly, love it.
Original post by pinkpenguin
Official costume alert

Spoiler

I, quite frankly, love it.

I like it, but I think it's lacking... something. A focal point, an interesting detail, a decorative vegetable... something.
Original post by Feefifofum
I like it, but I think it's lacking... something. A focal point, an interesting detail, a decorative vegetable... something.

It's a mash of Pertwee and Hartnell, and I think it demonstrates he's going to play the character pretty straight, which I am so down with after Matt Smith. A change in direction = ideal.

The red lining is sweet.

Agreed. It's just a bit bland. Kinda like a beef stew or something, nice but nothing special.

It is only the first image after all.

They might unveil his signature costume item in the episode itself. They wouldn't want to spoil the surprise now, would they?
Reply 3174
I think it's a little bland, but I think I could end up warming to it quite quickly. I hated Matt Smith's costume when I first saw it, then I fell in love with it when I saw it in his first episode proper. Things can often end up looking quite different on screen than they do in photo shoots and the like. Only time will tell.
That coat is totally going to behave like a CAPE
Reply 3176
Yes
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3177
Original post by pinkpenguin
That coat is totally going to behave like a CAPE

I hope 12 inverts the coat in some episodes so we get a groovy coat.
Not happy with the costume! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The more I see the costume the more I warm to it. The writers are clearly going in a direction where the Doctor has more gravitas and I think Capaldi's outfit is stylish and classy. Not sure about the Docs at all but I'll wait to see him in action before I make a proper judgement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending