Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DentalPlan4lisa)
    Of course you don't, you wanna give players like Ramsey a chance to get constant runs in.
    Is that sarcasm or not?

ReputationRep:
    The past few pages have been hilarious.

Although on a slightly related note, there's been talk of Higuain to Juventus. Apparently they've agreed terms, Juventus and Real just need to agree upon a fee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Is that sarcasm or not?
    There's was so much sarcasm in that last reply, it's seeping outta multiple orifices... Naw, I'm just harping on Ramsey, I don't know why I don't like him, he did play well this season, but you gotta admit, we are going to need better than him to bring home the gold. Our team is doubtingly stronger with him in it though.

ReputationRep:
    Only the Arsenal Thread could be active at 3:30am on a monday morning...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    thats what happens when your on study leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    (Original post by yaboy)
    thats what happens when your on study leave.
    Or half-term :banana:

ReputationRep:
    And then as soon as we say that, the thread quietens

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    And then as soon as we say that, the thread quietens
    Good thing too. People need to take a step back and calm down tbh. :p:

Just a note about Pogba - if he did become available, why do people think he'd want to come to Arsenal? He left United because he was ambitious enough to want a starting role at that stage of his career. He's clearly substantiated his claim that he deserves it, and I would expect the biggest clubs in the world to be in for him if he made it clear he wanted to leave Juve. Quite frankly, I don't think we'd be in the running. :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Good thing too. People need to take a step back and calm down tbh. :p:

Just a note about Pogba - if he did become available, why do people think he'd want to come to Arsenal? He left United because he was ambitious enough to want a starting role at that stage of his career. He's clearly substantiated his claim that he deserves it, and I would expect the biggest clubs in the world to be in for him if he made it clear he wanted to leave Juve. Quite frankly, I don't think we'd be in the running. :no:
    We fight because we love this team oh so dearly :console:

That being said.. why don't you think Pogba would care to Join Arsenal?

The Gunners weren't nearly the club they are today, by any measure, when we managed to attracted exciting young talent like Henry, Vieira and Fabregas.

ReputationRep:
    The **** were you guys on last night. Just had a decent read.

#muppetseason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Chamakh is just the same as Arshavin, they both have great ability but they lack the attitude. Maybe its because they were getting older and couldn't be asked to put in a shift any more. Younger players like Cesc and Nasri have that determination and energy to succeed, no wonder they flourished under Wenger
    LOL apart from his heading, Chamakh has 0 ability. He has got to be the the worst technically able player I have ever watched followed closely by Gervinho.

reading through this thread has given me some good laughs early on a monday morning! some of us Gunners are delusional

Also, do we really need grenier? I would have though a more defensive midfielder would be priority. IT may be him investing in youth/ possibly preparing to remove cazrola if the right offer comes in in a year or two. You can slate me but again, we are looking to make a profit as a football club, and even with a big kitty i don't think wenger will all of a sudden change his style of shifting players. If Grenier does come i think may happen is that gervinho will go, and cazorla may be shifted to the left, and Grernier behind the striker, or maybe wenger will put Grenier on the left (similar to what he did with nasri), and cazorla in the centre. Just hypothesising here. It could actually be a smokescreen for another deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    10% chance each, meaning a 1% chance for you to get both of them :lol:

Just seems that when people are still arsenal at heart, until you're in a top 4 battle in january then suddenly they're man city fans(yes I witness a guy turn into a man city fan while I was at college) he still had an arsenal t shirt as well. :rofl: I love football so funny.
    Had a friend telling me earlier this year that he was getting bored of supporting Arsenal and was considering switching to Swansea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Had a friend telling me earlier this year that he was getting bored of supporting Arsenal and was considering switching to Swansea.
    "Becoz dey playz da tiki-takasss"

Anyway, I hope Aneke (like last season) and Akpom get a chance to go to pre-season with the first team - both of them are classy players who came from Hale End, so it'd be good to see them getting a look-in. If Aneke gets promoted, we'll have a Spud in our ranks, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    So, jovetic or higuain to play in the messi role for us?
    Higuain, false 9. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisconcertingWink1)
    "Becoz dey playz da tiki-takasss"

Anyway, I hope Aneke (like last season) and Akpom get a chance to go to pre-season with the first team - both of them are classy players who came from Hale End, so it'd be good to see them getting a look-in. If Aneke gets promoted, we'll have a Spud in our ranks, though.
    Found it weird when I found out he played for arsenal because he was a spurs fan. Teachers absolutely loved up aneke(for obvious reasons).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DentalPlan4lisa)
    That being said.. why don't you think Pogba would care to Join Arsenal?
    Abiraleft already answered that question. He's already at a much bigger club(29 league titles, 2 cheated titles and a CL would show that) who have a better team, where he gets good game time, for him to go to arsenal is quite blatantly a drop down, where he'll get similar game time(you'll have to fit wilshere, ramsey, cazorla, arteta and pogba in midfield), I'd much rather be playing with marchisio, pirlo, vidal, asamoah and lichsteiner if I had any sense and if I wanted to go to another team I'd go to madrid/chelsea/united/city who need a player like him and are willing to put in a big offer(30 million) for his services.

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    The **** were you guys on last night. Just had a decent read.

#muppetseason
    Happens on the rate of once a week I think. This thread man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Higuain, false 9. :rofl:
    Don't what's worse, that or the ADVANCED wing idea. Isn't the wing position advanced by default. But then again, there's the Los Arsenal Galacticos :sogood:

And to think he's calling someone thick :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    reading through this thread has given me some good laughs early on a monday morning! some of us Gunners are delusional

Also, do we really need grenier? I would have though a more defensive midfielder would be priority. IT may be him investing in youth/ possibly preparing to remove cazrola if the right offer comes in in a year or two. You can slate me but again, we are looking to make a profit as a football club, and even with a big kitty i don't think wenger will all of a sudden change his style of shifting players. If Grenier does come i think may happen is that gervinho will go, and cazorla may be shifted to the left, and Grernier behind the striker, or maybe wenger will put Grenier on the left (similar to what he did with nasri), and cazorla in the centre. Just hypothesising here. It could actually be a smokescreen for another deal.
    Santi shouldn't be considered for playing anywhere in the middle of the pitch. We need to start thinking of him as our left winger by default.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Don't what's worse, that or the ADVANCED wing idea. Isn't the wing position advanced by default. But then again, there's the Los Arsenal Galacticos :sogood:

And to think he's calling someone thick :coma:
    This guy, :sogood: Advanced wingers. Pogba and fabregas coming back, cazorla in central midfield :sogood:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.