Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    Youre at the mmu one on Wednesday right?
    for manchester you have to do;
    [MOD EDIT]
    Yeh I'll be there! Where was your 3rd choice? I applied to Uni of Leeds where I'm at now.
    Sounds good, all relatively similar then. Might have to brush up on Science though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YesBurrows)
    Yeh I'll be there! Where was your 3rd choice? I applied to Uni of Leeds where I'm at now.
    Sounds good, all relatively similar then. Might have to brush up on Science though!
    I just applied to them two!
    They tell you the content to revise I would put it on here but had a warning once!
    It's very different content to skills test tho!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    I have interviews in January for Primary courses at Cambridge and Worcester universities. Still haven't heard from Warwick uni yet though...has anyone else applied for these and heard about interviews?
    I've applied to Warwick and only recieved an email acknowledging my application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumpadaisy)
    Primary at Leeds Trinity. I rang them to confirm and the have filled their places
    I have applied to Trinity on 27th November and I havent heard either way from them and they havent updated track, I go to Trinity now and was told by my tutor that he didnt think they had even interviewed yet. Perhaps they just closed to new apps after the two week deadline?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I hope someone can answer this for me! I have been given an interview for Goldsmiths but I already have an offer from IOE (my first choice) - is it a wise idea to withdraw my choice and if I do, how do I go about it - i.e. from UCAS or emailing the lady back?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Descartes93)
    Hi Guys,

I hope someone can answer this for me! I have been given an interview for Goldsmiths but I already have an offer from IOE (my first choice) - is it a wise idea to withdraw my choice and if I do, how do I go about it - i.e. from UCAS or emailing the lady back?

Thanks in advance.
    I would go to both in case you get rejected from goldsmiths.
    Better to have a plan b although hope you don't need it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    I would go to both in case you get rejected from goldsmiths.
    Better to have a plan b although hope you don't need it!
    But I already have my conditional offer from IOE and tbh I don't really care if I'm rejected from Goldsmiths as I don't want to go there - I just put it down in case IOE rejected me...which they haven't. Am I making sense lol?

ReputationRep:
    But I already have my conditional offer from IOE and tbh I don't really care if I'm rejected from Goldsmiths as I don't want to go there - I just put it down in case IOE rejected me...which they haven't. Am I making sense lol?
    Ahhh sorry I didn't realise they had already given you an offer!!
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
    Congrats on the first choice offer! If you're sure you want to do it now, then I don't see why not as long as it's not conditional and you won't be shooting yourself in the foot. Is there not an option on UCAS to take the offer available? I assume this will automatically remove your application from being available to other providers. If so, there's no harm in also emailing the lady, though, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    Congrats on the first choice offer! If you're sure you want to do it now, then I don't see why not as long as it's not conditional and you won't be shooting yourself in the foot. Is there not an option on UCAS to take the offer available? I assume this will automatically remove your application from being available to other providers. If so, there's no harm in also emailing the lady, though, just in case.
    Thank you No, I can't yet accept my offer, I think its bc I haven't had replies from all 3 choices. If there was a system like undergrad where you choose firm and insurance then I could see the point but as you're only allowed to accept one offer anyway, I may aswell decline it now and give someone else a chance at interview.

Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from University of Nottingham yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    I guess I'll see you at the interview then! Hope your other choice replies soon!
    Indeed...the interview seems ok anyways Hope yours reply too...it'd be great to know where we stand with all of them!

On a side note...has anybody applied to Greenwich for primary with science?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you No, I can't yet accept my offer, I think its bc I haven't had replies from all 3 choices. If there was a system like undergrad where you choose firm and insurance then I could see the point but as you're only allowed to accept one offer anyway, I may aswell decline it now and give someone else a chance at interview.

Thanks anyway
    Yw, and wow, that's quite stunning. Another clear flaw in the already daft system. I really don't understand that one though, whereas the timeline for the application at least has a side of sense to it, albeit a biased one. =/ What does anyone gain when applicants are made to wait for all responses even if they are certain of one?

(Original post by Andrew240)
    I'm also waiting, for Secondary English PGCE and an SD route in Notts. Haven't heard a thing myself or seen others get any response.

ReputationRep:
    Nerves are starting to begin for my interview on Thursday! EEEEK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbstractAlex)
    I've applied to Warwick and only recieved an email acknowledging my application
    Oh good, glad to know I'm not the only one! I only have an acknowledgement email from them too

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Middlesex for secondary English for Jan! Thank God!!! So happy as I got an interview at least!

ReputationRep:
    But I was wondering l, exactly what do they mean by a presentation

"Presentations. This should be a starter (or introductory) activity for a work of literature that you would wish to teach."

Slightly nervous about this. What you think they looking out for and how should it be set out? And its literature, does it have to be in the national curriculum? If so, can you give me any examples?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Ive applied for Dundee and had application and references submitted Nov 25th. Was worried about length of time passing but believe there was a delay between UCAS and the Uni with apps being transferred. Had a phone call from them today to confirm what my maths qualification was....now going a bit crazy checking email every 5 mins... Have you heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew240)
    I have, I applied for secondary english and have an interview on thursday! scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    Yw, and wow, that's quite stunning. Another clear flaw in the already daft system. I really don't understand that one though, whereas the timeline for the application at least has a side of sense to it, albeit a biased one. =/ What does anyone gain when applicants are made to wait for all responses even if they are certain of one?

I'm also waiting, for Secondary English PGCE and an SD route in Notts. Haven't heard a thing myself or seen others get any response.
    i have an interview for secondary english on thursday at the university of nottingham, and an interview at a school direct place in nottingham tomorrow. hopefully they get back to you soon!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.