Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleksandra.M)
    My situation is pretty much the same and so are our names what course?
    Hahahah let's hope our names are our good luck token. :ahee:
    I'm applying for IR and Politics, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alessandra0811)
    Hahahah let's hope our names are our good luck token. :ahee:
    I'm applying for IR and Politics, what about you?
    haha that would be great! Law here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alessandra0811)
    LSE sent me an email two weeks ago saying they would contact me in two weeks, but I never heard back from them. Does anyone know if this is normal? I'm freaking out right now and refreshing my email 24/7
    (Original post by Aleksandra.M)
    My situation is pretty much the same and so are our names what course?
    (Original post by infinity5)
    Same!! My 2 weeks ended 19/1. Don't know if its normal, good, or bad but it freaks me out too! What I got from others is that they don't really stick to those emails and we shouldn't worry but its hard to do so

Two weeks is nothing for a wait from LSE. I was sent the 2 week email, then I had another 2 week email to cover the Christmas closure period and then I had the 8 week email - I am about 3 weeks into that 8. However there are plenty of people who applied much earlier than I did and they haven't had a reply yet either. I think that LSE has to consider anything from 6 to 15 (and maybe more) applications per place on each course. For example the BSc in Actuarial Science (2013) had almost 600 applicants for just 85 places so you can see how difficult that would be to reduce down.
    No news is good news (maybe, sometimes, hopefully).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    Two weeks is nothing for a wait from LSE. I was sent the 2 week email, then I had another 2 week email to cover the Christmas closure period and then I had the 8 week email - I am about 3 weeks into that 8. However there are plenty of people who applied much earlier than I did and they haven't had a reply yet either. I think that LSE has to consider anything from 6 to 15 (and maybe more) applications per place on each course. For example the BSc in Actuarial Science (2013) had almost 600 applicants for just 85 places so you can see how difficult that would be to reduce down.
    No news is good news (maybe, sometimes, hopefully).
    Well I wouldn't mind if they said they would reply in 8 weeks and acctually did but knowing that they have past their date is worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Nice!!! Man we're pretty similar alright hahaha
    Yeah lool, pretty similar situations. was worried LSE wouldnt have people like me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NB1326)
    Yeah lool, pretty similar situations. was worried LSE wouldnt have people like me
    Fingers crossed we both get in! How long left do you have until you hear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infinity5)
    Well I wouldn't mind if they said they would reply in 8 weeks and acctually did but knowing that they have past their date is worse!
    Exactly, now they got me super worried, especially since I'm an international applicant unfamiliar with UCAS.
    It's like LSE has conspired to force us into this perpetual state of paranoia and apprehension.

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed we both get in! How long left do you have until you hear?
    My four weeks ended last friday? not really sure what that means, hbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fay18)
    Ive applied for economics! Congrats

ReputationRep:
    My four weeks ended last friday? not really sure what that means, hbu?
    mine ends this Friday, I think its better to have a delay past your 4 weeks as it seems like they're only handing out rejections during it but it's anyones guess I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaBrowning)
    I got bang average GCSEs but managed to pull off an A* last year and have an offer from LSE (to study BSc Economics)! Finally chose to go here over Bath. Who scared?
    Scared of?

ReputationRep:
    mine ends this Friday, I think its better to have a delay past your 4 weeks as it seems like they're only handing out rejections during it but it's anyones guess I suppose
    Yeahh i guess, im not very hopefull, especially after hearing how important the PS is, which isnt my strong point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Scared of?
    LSE in General. Living in London and going to an institution with incredibly smart people

ReputationRep:
    LSE in General. Living in London and going to an institution with incredibly smart people
    Fair. You'll be in the same boat as everyone else so no need to fret

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh i guess, im not very hopefull, especially after hearing how important the PS is, which isnt my strong point.
    yep same

ReputationRep:
    I got bang average GCSEs but managed to pull off an A* last year and have an offer from LSE (to study BSc Economics)! Finally chose to go here over Bath. Who scared?
    Congrats for LSE
    do you mind telling me when you applied and how they told you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraceYim)
    Congrats for LSE
    do you mind telling me when you applied and how they told you?
    Thank you! I applied mid October. I firstly got an email from LSE letting me know they were making me an offer and then I got the offer through on ucas followed by an official letter

ReputationRep:
    yep same
    What are your stats? if you dont mind me asking!

ReputationRep:
    What are your stats? if you dont mind me asking!
    No problem, GCSEs: 9a* 2a, as level: maths (300/300), econ (192/200) history (188/200) f math (277/300) predicted 4a*. But it's my ps that is worrying me 😕 wbu man?

ReputationRep:
    No problem, GCSEs: 9a* 2a, as level: maths (300/300), econ (192/200) history (188/200) f math (277/300) predicted 4a*. But it's my ps that is worrying me ������ wbu man?
    8a* 2a GCSE..at AS; maths 597/600 (did full A2) physics 290/300 econ 180/200
    chemistry 271/300.. Predicted A*A*A*(doing A2 FM this year)...yeah PS is worrying me tbh, and my econ isnt the highest but dont think they really care bout that lol! might hear tomorow

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.