Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Woop chadli

yes lad.. shame he has a yellow, but that goal will do nicely for making up for any points aguaro got..

ReputationRep:
    started today 10pts of 2nd

Thanks to chadli kept in touch and closed that gap to 9pts.. with 1 player still to play.

Last player is mannone though.. so not really possible to make up the gap, however if sunderland get a CS and 6 points, would go into next week with a top3 of: 640, 636, 633 :drool:

May take mannone out though this week.. no attacking changes are jumping out at me, and sunderlands defensive form has been weak..

ReputationRep:
    Poor week with 54 points and dropped to 6th in overall league. Silver lining is that I maintain my 100% win ratio in head to head Division A :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ah, they dropped chadli down to 2bps shame.. ah well, on to tommorow
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Only in the TSR league would I get 83pts and still drop down a place :laugh:

I have Taylor coming off the bench though, so i'll be back on top tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Very competitive league this year. A few people in the top 1000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Only in the TSR league would I get 83pts and still drop down a place :laugh:

I have Taylor coming off the bench though, so i'll be back on top tomorrow.
    I'm chilling down here in 54th...
    Winning is way too mainstream

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing rubbish this year. Can't seem to catch a break. Won all my mates leagues last year and finished 7th or 8th in TSR.

Think i'm currently 98th in TSR. :facepalm2: (Also had Downing on the bench)

Should have brought Diego Costa in after the first week. and got rid of Yaya after the first week. But i've kept him until now. Swapped for Sanchez.

Need to replace Lukaku up top but no sure who to swap him for? any ideas? I have 1m in the bank plus whatever he's selling for.

ReputationRep:
    Poor lad who I played in h2h this week lost to me by a point and had 34 on his bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    I'm doing rubbish this year. Can't seem to catch a break. Won all my mates leagues last year and finished 7th or 8th in TSR.

Think i'm currently 98th in TSR. :facepalm2: (Also had Downing on the bench)

Should have brought Diego Costa in after the first week. and got rid of Yaya after the first week. But i've kept him until now. Swapped for Sanchez.

Need to replace Lukaku up top but no sure who to swap him for? any ideas? I have 1m in the bank plus whatever he's selling for.
    who else have you got?

on the cheaper side, pelle, welbeck, uolla, berahino etc. all are doing ok this season.. most people seem to have a combination of them, and the big 2 in costa + aguaro..

ReputationRep:
    need a sunderland clean sheet today to keep me in touch with the top2 - but I am not to confident..

Dont know what to do for next week..

I am very happy with my defense, good rotation and good spread of teams

nothing is jumping out at me from midfield.. dispite wanting rid of stirling, I just cant see anyone else that I want instead..

Attack could be improved, and I am still riding my luck by not having either of costa or aguaro.. but that cant be fixed without a points hit, which I do not want to do this season..

So my choices are either:

1 - Swap out my goal keeper.. which would be good, but very rarely seems benifical..
    2 - Downgrade stirling, and bring in costa/aguaro next week..
    3 - Do nothing, and do a double swap to bring in aguaro/costa next week..

Hmm..

or:

4 - sell sanchez, and bring in walcott.. profit when sanchez form drops now that everyone has him, and enjoy walcott getting back to scoring form.. (in my dreams ofcourse this would work lol )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    need a sunderland clean sheet today to keep me in touch with the top2 - but I am not to confident..

nothing is jumping out at me from midfield.. dispite wanting rid of stirling, I just cant see anyone else that I want instead..

Attack could be improved, and I am still riding my luck by not having either of costa or aguaro.. but that cant be fixed without a points hit, which I do not want to do this season..

1 - Swap out my goal keeper.. which would be good, but very rarely seems benifical..

Hmm..

or:

4 - sell sanchez, and bring in walcott.. profit when sanchez form drops now that everyone has him, and enjoy walcott getting back to scoring form.. (in my dreams ofcourse this would work lol )
    1 or 3 arevthe only good options for me. I would go for 3. Aguero is too dangerous not to have. At some point, you are going to have to change the balance of your team so you might as well now as you have no othere changes to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hmm..

or:

You gotta consider the points.
    It'd cost you a hit to take out sterling I assume?
    Liverpool are against Chelsea at the weekend on terrible form with no decent attack.

I would be confident that aguero/Costa will get 4 or more points higher than sterling; all t takes is a single goal.
    When you consider man city are against QPR too, maybe it would be a better reward to dump sterling and pick up Aguero/Costa even with a hit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    You gotta consider the points.
    It'd cost you a hit to take out sterling I assume?
    Liverpool are against Chelsea at the weekend on terrible form with no decent attack.

I would be confident that aguero/Costa will get 4 or more points higher than sterling; all t takes is a single goal.
    When you consider man city are against QPR too, maybe it would be a better reward to dump sterling and pick up Aguero/Costa even with a hit.
    your right about the fixture, I really dont want stirling starting in my midfield for that game, but I am just really really trying to avoid taking hits this year..

Last year when I added up the amount of point hits I took, it was the difference between me coming in the 30s, to the top10.. so this year I am really trying to make my changes slowly, and avoid rash point deductions..

At the moment, every week that aguaro and costa do not score well, is a week I rise in the table.. I went from 16th to 6th, and then 6th to 3rd, over the past two weeks due to not having them, and my differencials playing well..

But ofcourse its such a big risk, as if they do start playing, then I go in the oposite dirrection!

I think its time to say 'not having them has worked well for these 2 weeks, but I cant risk it any more, take the -4 and bring one back in, now that I have enjoyed the rise in places'

ReputationRep:
    who else have you got?

on the cheaper side, pelle, welbeck, uolla, berahino etc. all are doing ok this season.. most people seem to have a combination of them, and the big 2 in costa + aguaro..
    I have Berahino Lukaku and i've just stuck Costa in last week. (Did have Cisse & Ulloa at points too)

My team is:
    Forster (Speroni sub)
    Clyne, Lovren, Williams, Wisdom, Duff
    Fabregas, Scheiderlin, Sigurdsson, Sanchez (Replaced Yaya) Downing.
    Lukaku, Costa, Berahino.

ReputationRep:
    I have Berahino Lukaku and i've just stuck Costa in last week. (Did have Cisse & Ulloa at points too)

My team is:
    Forster (Speroni sub)
    Lukaku, Costa, Berahino.
    if it were me, first thing I would get rid of lovren to someone cheaper (right now chambers is cracking value, starting each week for arsenal at 4.8 or there abouts) - liverpool are not keeping clean sheets at all, and it does not look like changing.. that frees up .5m

Midfield and attack look ok, though if you did lukaku to pelle, that would free you up an extra .7m

that would give you 2.2m to upgrade either scheiderlin or downing if you wanted to add to your midfield.. or you could then do costa to aguaro etc.. it would give you a good amount of funds to invest in other areas..

thats just what I would do.. ofcourse not in one week, but spread out over the next few..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    There are some situations where you can justify a hit, and getting in one of those two is definitely one of them.

I took a hit to get Sanchez in this week, and he got me 32points. So i'm still 28pts better off than if I didn't do it.

My team is:
    Forster (Speroni sub)
    Lukaku, Costa, Berahino.
    I'd downgrade Lovren immediately as he's dropping in value, like someone else has said i'd swap him for Chambers.

Other than that, nothing sticks out. When Southampton's fixtures get tougher in a couple of weeks, ditch Forster for a cheaper keeper (e.g Krul or Foster) which then allows you to potentially do Lukaku > Pelle and upgrade one of your mids. Don't do that now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    There are some situations where you can justify a hit, and getting in one of those two is definitely one of them.

I took a hit to get Sanchez in this week, and he got me 32points. So i'm still 28pts better off than if I didn't do it.

I'd downgrade Lovren immediately as he's dropping in value, like someone else has said i'd swap him for Chambers.

Other than that, nothing sticks out. When Southampton's fixtures get tougher in a couple of weeks, ditch Forster for a cheaper keeper (e.g Krul or Foster) which then allows you to potentially do Lukaku > Pelle and upgrade one of your mids. Don't do that now though
    I think your right, cant ride the luck any more - will probably take a hit, stirling out, aguaro in
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Mannone on the bench. Hopefully he stays there for the match so Krul can come on for me.

ReputationRep:
    So much fail at this since I started working at my local pub. Cowinkydink? Yes. Was in the top 10 early on and now am in obscurity.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.