Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember St George's giving out rejections this early on. I think it may be a technical error on their part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilverine)
    Have GAMSAT scores even been released? It was much later in November when I sat it in 2013.
    Not yet, though universities do receive them before we do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My hubby just got a rejection...

It said that it was unsuccessful because the application was received after the closing date.

Which isn't true...

Not sure what to do really? It was an update via track, I will have to get him to call them in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    What is the reason they gave in the letter? I got one at the exact same time which said it was because my application was received after the closing date (I sent my application on the 8th Oct)
    If you sent it on the 8th then that is a massive error on their part! I would be ringing UCAS and st George's to see where the problem is? And I'd probably be doing it like right now as well haha. UCAS should be open now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strebor4)
    My hubby just got a rejection...

It said that it was unsuccessful because the application was received after the closing date.

Which isn't true...

Not sure what to do really? It was an update via track, I will have to get him to call them in the morning.
    This is so strange for you all!! I'd definitely be ringing them now or first thing in the morning!

Hope you all get sorted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he has the Ucas confirmation on the 14th Oct (when he submitted it).

Nottingham sent the confirmation email on the 16th Oct
    Plymouth sent theirs on the 15th Oct
    Exeter sent theirs on the 15th Oct
    St Georges sent theirs on the 23rd Oct!!!!!!!!!!

So annoying!! And I'm wondering if Nottingham will cancel also... the only two GEP's he's applied for!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kantayya)
    Attachment 474783

Crap, I just got this via Track. No other information and nothing from St George's direct. I can think of no obvious reason why I'd be rejected other than GAMSAT score not meeting the cut-off - does this mean they've gone out? Any ideas much appreciated...!
    Hey, I got the same thing via track for Birmingham. I gave them a call and they were pretty shocked too. They said they'll speak with the med faculty and get back to me tomorrow! I think you should give St. George's a call. Hopefully this works out for all of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    What is the reason they gave in the letter? I got one at the exact same time which said it was because my application was received after the closing date (I sent my application on the 8th Oct)
    Arg, OK I found the letter after switching from mobile - on way home from work - to laptop (how terrible is the Track website btw). Yeah it says received after closing date - which it definitely wasn't! Also, I got two different confirmation emails from them, weeks ago, acknowledging my application.

I am hopeful that this is just a technical error, but still a very annoying one! Will be getting in touch with St George's tomorrow.

EDIT: I have emailed admissions - I assume they'll be pretty busy tomorrow...!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. Exactly the same problem here. Submitted well before the closing date so thinking (*hoping*) that SGUL has f*cked up! I'm fully expecting a rejection once GAMSAT scores are out - but not this early! Let's bombard them tomorrow….

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAmalraj10)
    Hi ! I just received mine also rejected because I submitted my application after deadline its lie i submitted on 15 Oct. Other universities received confirmation but from St. George's University very late. I don't know what to do. They didn't even see my predicted grade for Msc.please give some advice whom to contact UCAS or St. George's University
    I got the rejection notification but I didn't notice it saying anywhere that it was because of lateness - where in your email did it mention the application being submitted too late?

EDIT: I've just gone back on track and clicked on it to see the details - mine also says the application was submitted late, despite UCAS confirmation email on 6 October. OMG there's hope!!!

ReputationRep:
    To everyone who applied to SGUL- I really hope this error sorts itself out!! With all the stress that this application brings, adding this REALLY won't be helping!! I didn't apply there, but please keep everyone updated with what happens tomorrow!

More relevant to me: UKCAT scores should be sent tomorrow! Hopefully that means we should start hearing back in the next few weeks!

ReputationRep:
    I got that email too and I submitted my application around the 5th of October.

ReputationRep:
    Safe to say St Georges have ****ed up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh this is a relief! I realised it was on error on their part when they said it was due to the application being submitted after the date which was obviously not the case. They obviously didn't process them till after the date and that's why they were the last to respond with a confirmation (23 Oct).

Hopefully that means we all got complimentary interviews (lol I doubt it but there's hoping!).

Good Luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerSunshine)
    To everyone who applied to SGUL- I really hope this error sorts itself out!! With all the stress that this application brings, adding this REALLY won't be helping!! I didn't apply there, but please keep everyone updated with what happens tomorrow!

More relevant to me: UKCAT scores should be sent tomorrow! Hopefully that means we should start hearing back in the next few weeks!
    How did you find out UKCAT is going out tomorrow? I never did manage to track down a date!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizenkaLizenka)
    How did you find out UKCAT is going out tomorrow? I never did manage to track down a date!
    It says so on their twitter feed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My brother is very frustrated right now not only through the fact that our parents have been shouting at him as if it's his fault for not getting an offer from St George but also because he said it's not his fault and truly it isn't. St George claims that he submitted his application too late i.e.: "Unsuccessful as your application was received after the closing date". He submitted it before the closing date.Is this a joke? Is someone enjoying themselves? What should he do? I'd love to see my dad shouting at St George tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    My brother is very frustrated right now not only through the fact that our parents have been shouting at him as if it's his fault for not getting an offer from St George but also because he said it's not his fault and truly it isn't. St George claims that he submitted his application too late i.e.: "Unsuccessful as your application was received after the closing date". He submitted it before the closing date.Is this a joke? Is someone enjoying themselves? What should he do? I'd love to see my dad shouting at St George tomorrow.
    If he submitted before the deadline it isn't his fault. Just ring up st Georges first thing and speak to them. I think a lot of people have been affected!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a graduate entry student, is there any possibility of getting student finance? I just saw on the SFE website that they only provide loans for your first degree. I am worried I won't be able to afford this even if I was lucky enough to get an interview, let alone an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renoufcaitlin)
    As a graduate entry student, is there any possibility of getting student finance? I just saw on the SFE website that they only provide loans for your first degree. I am worried I won't be able to afford this even if I was lucky enough to get an interview, let alone an offer!
    Finance is very different on GEM, but basically yes you can get SF and NHS bursary, which cover maintenence and tuition excluding the first 3.5k ish

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.