Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotMe)
    Alhamdulillah i'm well, can't complain! How is yourself?

I was asked by a stranger on my way home last night, where the pub is lol (so he can ''get drunk off his face''); what would have been the right thing to do?
    Did you know where it was? What did you say?

I feel like it'd be wrong to guide someone to a pub but then how can you word your reply without lying hmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)

I feel like it'd be wrong to guide someone to a pub but then how can you word your reply without lying hmmm
    I think it's best to lie in that situation. It's lesser of the two evils.

ReputationRep:
    Alhamdulillah i'm well, can't complain! How is yourself?

I was asked by a stranger on my way home last night, where the pub is lol (so he can ''get drunk off his face''); what would have been the right thing to do?
    Give him directions to the mosque.

Jk, you could say 'I'm a Muslim so I wouldn't recommend that'. Golden opportunity for a 5 second dawah yeah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)

It was a freezing cold night and he was lost, so I let him use the Google maps app on my phone to find wherever he was going. Its a weird situation

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to get smashed off your face if you go to a pub. Some may just be going for a meal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    You don't have to get smashed off your face if you go to a pub. Some may just be going for a meal.
    Yeah maybe he wanted to watch a football match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Give him directions to the mosque.

Jk, you could say 'I'm a Muslim so I wouldn't recommend that'. Golden opportunity for a 5 second dawah yeah?
    haha at '5 second Dawah'! I'll keep that in mind for next time. It would have been awkward if he went to a Masjid and asked for a pint though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Pretty sure she's quoting him lol

It would have been awkward if he went to a Masjid and asked for a pint though :confused:
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    haha at '5 second Dawah'! I'll keep that in mind for next time. It would have been awkward if he went to a Masjid and asked for a pint though :confused:
    Lolx!

ReputationRep:
    I feel as though, in the grand scheme of things, I did the right thing. I mean, he might go and tell his friends 'a Muslim gave me directions instead of blowing me up :eek:'.

ReputationRep:
    I feel as though, in the grand scheme of things, I did the right thing. I mean, he might go and tell his friends 'a Muslim gave me directions instead of blowing me up :eek:'.
    haha :yy:
    It's an awkard situation with no clear cut right response so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your intention obviously wasn't to help him get drunk but simply to help him. Obviously if someone suggests a better approach then use that next time

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu Alaikum...I was just wondering, any lurkers in here?
    Wa'alaykumasalaam.

I'm pro lurker.

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu Alaikum...I was just wondering, any lurkers in here?
    Walaikum assalam,

I post here the most so that would be the opposite of "lurking".

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhPWc4Jjy-U

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him who finds good, praise Allah, and let him who finds other than that, blame no one but himself. It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah)

ReputationRep:
    SubahnAllah. Speechless: On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.
    It was related by Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
    Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said: Pride is my cloak and greatness My robe, and he who competes with Me in respect of either of them I shall cast into Hell-fire. It was related by Abu Dawud (also by Ibn Majah and Ahmad) with sound chains of authority. This Hadith also appears in Muslim in another version.

ReputationRep:
    JazakAllahu khayran/Jazakillahu khayran for all the du'as.

Half an hour to go

(Original post by beautifulxxx)
    x
    Saw your whatsapp but didn't get time to reply. Forgotten my phone at home and managed to get some free wifi on my iPad :lol: Anyways, Ameen to your du'as. Jazakillahu khayran. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    JazakAllahu khayran/Jazakillahu khayran for all the du'as.

Half an hour to go

Saw your whatsapp but didn't get time to reply. Forgotten my phone at home and managed to get some free wifi on my iPad :lol: Anyways, Ameen to your du'as. Jazakillahu khayran. :hugs:
    You didn't have time... Dead excuse marsi pars. Try harder. Funny enough I was thinking of going on whatsapp to annoy you. Oh wells. I'll wait till later. Wa iyaki x

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.