Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Do you wanna chat via PM for a bit? Would that help at all? I'm meant to be writing my conference paper but I can spare an hour before I head out for dinner :smile:

dont want to be a burden but thank you. :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
dont want to be a burden but thank you. :hugs:

Sorry, Mum came home and I got distracted. Wouldn't be a burden. We can chat for half an hour if you like :yes:

I'm no doctor, obviously, but it does sound like depression to me at least. I'd advise going to see a GP asap, get a doctor's note and take it to your personal tutor and see what your options are at this stage :sadnod:

I'm scared to go to my doctor in case he/she thinks it's nothing :frown: I went a month or two ago about the sleep cause I was missing lectures, so I went and told her I just seem to be sleeping a LOT lately, but I didn't mention anything to do with how I felt etc cause I didn't think the two were relevant at all. :/ All she told me was to sort out my sleep by myself, which is why I'm hesitant to go back to her.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Silence_Will_Fal
I'm scared to go to my doctor in case he/she thinks it's nothing :frown: I went a month or two ago about the sleep cause I was missing lectures, so I went and told her I just seem to be sleeping a LOT lately, but I didn't mention anything to do with how I felt etc cause I didn't think the two were relevant at all. :/

Thing is, it'll be hard to get extenuating circumstances for your final exams or an extension on your thesis without a doctor's note :sadnod: Any good doctor worth their salt will take you seriously, because it sounds like you're really suffering! :sadnod: If you're worried about seeing the particular GP you saw when you went a month or two ago, maybe you could try a different GP within the same practice? :smile:
I missed hockey last night, I think Mr. Kitty didn't think going was a good idea either. I've decided I'm definitely not going to go anymore, just can't handle the stress. The season's over in a few weeks anyway.

Feel like crap. Still not sleeping, didn't even bother trying the eszopiclone last night - it does **** all. I'm feeling really agitated and fairly scared but I don't want to over-do the diazepam.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
I missed hockey last night, I think Mr. Kitty didn't think going was a good idea either. I've decided I'm definitely not going to go anymore, just can't handle the stress. The season's over in a few weeks anyway.

Feel like crap. Still not sleeping, didn't even bother trying the eszopiclone last night - it does **** all. I'm feeling really agitated and fairly scared but I don't want to over-do the diazepam.

he's so cute!! :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
needed a place to let stuff out and this thread seems to fit the bill.

Self harm:
for reasons i'm not entirely sure of i've been self harming for around four years on and off, it's not very 'bad' but it's gotten to the point where i'm kindof accepting that this is my life and it's not going to stop.
some days I feel as though i'm on auto-pilot, this morning I was like that and I was sitting in class digging my nails into my hand with my headphones on, ignoring everybody, it's been seven hours and the marks from my fingernails still show on my hand, but at the time I didn't really seem to feel it? this morning before I left for college I cut a little for some reason :/ i'm not sure why I do it really, I just enjoy it
I have scars but they're not particularly bad, still noticeable though. I don't know if it's worth trying to seek help when the self harm isn't very bad, it's not affecting me, and my mood seems to be typical for a teenager. I have down days but I think every 18 year old does.
should I seek help? I don't want to waste anybody's time
(edited 9 years ago)
Thing is, it'll be hard to get extenuating circumstances for your final exams or an extension on your thesis without a doctor's note :sadnod: Any good doctor worth their salt will take you seriously, because it sounds like you're really suffering! :sadnod: If you're worried about seeing the particular GP you saw when you went a month or two ago, maybe you could try a different GP within the same practice? :smile:

I edited my last post as you posted this answer I think haha - but yeah the last doctor I saw about my sleep, she didn't help at all. She literally just told me "sort it out yourself" :/

I know I'm running out of time. I just give up on everything :frown: Don't know how to sort it out. And I'm from an Asian family so that doesn't help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Odd socks
he's so cute!! :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

His fur all over everything is less cute. :tongue: I had to zip up the bag as he kept going inside and covering all my kit in cat hair.
Original post by entershikari
needed a place to let stuff out and this thread seems to fit the bill.

Self harm:
for reasons i'm not entirely sure of i've been self harming for around four years on and off, it's not very 'bad' but it's gotten to the point where i'm kindof accepting that this is my life and it's not going to stop.
some days I feel as though i'm on auto-pilot, this morning I was like that and I was sitting in class digging my nails into my hand with my headphones on, ignoring everybody, it's been seven hours and the marks from my fingernails still show on my hand, but at the time I didn't really seem to feel it? this morning before I left for college I cut a little for some reason :/ i'm not sure why I do it really, I just enjoy it
I have scars but they're not particularly bad, still noticeable though. I don't know if it's worth trying to seek help when the self harm isn't very bad, it's not affecting me, and my mood seems to be typical for a teenager. I have down days but I think every 18 year old does.

should I seek help? I don't want to waste anybody's time

I would definitely say to see your doctor. What you've described doesn't sound "typical" for a teenager and, although I'm no Freudian psychiatrist, it sounds like you might have some deeper issues behind this behavior. Does your school have a counselor you could talk to? I'd recommend talking to your GP either way, he will be able to refer you onwards to get help you need. You're not wasting anyone's time.
His fur all over everything is less cute. :tongue: I had to zip up the bag as he kept going inside and covering all my kit in cat hair.

He likes the smell of your manly musk. :teehee:
Original post by superwolf
He likes the smell of your manly musk. :teehee:

:rofl: That must be it.

Mmmmmm sweat. :drool:
Just been making candles for rorys mums birthday! Hard work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would definitely say to see your doctor. What you've described doesn't sound "typical" for a teenager and, although I'm no Freudian psychiatrist, it sounds like you might have some deeper issues behind this behavior. Does your school have a counselor you could talk to? I'd recommend talking to your GP either way, he will be able to refer you onwards to get help you need. You're not wasting anyone's time.

thank you for your reply ^_^ my college is pretty big i'm sure there's somebody to go to about these things, it's just the initial making an appointment and having to explain myself that puts me off, because I don't really think I have anything to explain, it's just a thing I do. I don't think there's any deeper issues because I haven't really been through anything bad in my life
Today didn't go well at all. :frown:
Original post by entershikari
thank you for your reply ^_^ my college is pretty big i'm sure there's somebody to go to about these things, it's just the initial making an appointment and having to explain myself that puts me off, because I don't really think I have anything to explain, it's just a thing I do. I don't think there's any deeper issues because I haven't really been through anything bad in my life

I don't think you necessarily need to have been through bad things in order to have talk-therapy be effective. You might have a mental illness (ocd/depression), it might be stress or worries about your exams/future - I'm not saying it's any of these but just examples of what might be going on.

I realize it's difficult to make that first appointment but from what you've described I would really urge you to do so.

Spoiler

I've decided I'm going to quit my drama group after this show is done, it's just not something im enjoying anymore.. hopefully I'll be able to keep in contact with friends ive made through it though.

I'm thinking of looking for art classes instead, im keen to get back into drawing and painting again

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest