This discussion is closed.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
There's only one winner there. Ruthless, strong Tories hell-bent on the ends justifying the means etc, and soppy Greens who won't even hurt a fly.
**** yeh!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Oh my god - I guess you have no ****ing clue what we do for the community...? Nope, didn't think so - also, our parents sending us to private school, is effectively giving the government £3000 which the government are not having to pay to educate us. Stop being so ignorant about it...

And you wish you'd win any way...
Do you go round litter picking? And no schools should be charities IMO because they actually aren't a charity...

i would win against you.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And I'd like to encase the Greens in a bee hive - unfortunately that's not gonna happen. And it was hilarious watching the Greens get absolutely nailed in my school's Question Time with our local candidate
I have one coming up tomorrow night with an Independent, Labour, Greens, Lib Dems, UKIP, TUSC, and maybe the Conservative candidate who has not confirmed his attendance. The Green candidate has already declared her desire to see the military abolished, the TUSC candidate believes the debt is a myth allowing us to print as much money as is needed to spend as an alternative to austerity, and doing so will result in no problems apart from higher living standards all around, the Independent candidate is a self-declared Communist, and the Lib Dem is one of the extreme types who believes everything is perfect. I have the feeling it will be more comedy than it will debate. What questions did you ask the candidates?

The private school debate annoys me enormously as it is driven by greed and not sensible reasoning. It is bad enough having threats made about being forced into sharing facilities with underfunded state schools, now the government is threatening to force parents to pay more to give their children a decent education.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think I may have just unintentionally started a war....xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Do you go round litter picking? And no schools should be charities IMO because they actually aren't a charity...

i would win against you.
No, I don't - however, as part of my commitments at school, I work in the local charity shop each week. I also allow the town and surrounding schools and academys to use the school's facilities, free of charge, which through fees, am paying to maintain. My school is also the largest single employer in the town, boosting the town's economy in that way, as well as the students providing a very large amount of customers to the local shops and restaurants, thereby also boosting the economy. If schools like mine were not a charity, then a lot of this just wouldn't be happening - so either you're so short sighted you can't see past the school campus, or you're just jealous that I go to public school... dunno which, and quite frankly - I don't care which.

And no, you really wouldn't.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
I have one coming up tomorrow night with an Independent, Labour, Greens, Lib Dems, UKIP, TUSC, and maybe the Conservative candidate who has not confirmed his attendance. The Green candidate has already declared her desire to see the military abolished, the TUSC candidate believes the debt is a myth allowing us to print as much money as is needed to spend as an alternative to austerity, and doing so will result in no problems apart from higher living standards all around, the Independent candidate is a self-declared Communist, and the Lib Dem is one of the extreme types who believes everything is perfect. I have the feeling it will be more comedy than it will debate.

The private school debate annoys me enormously as it is driven by greed and not sensible reasoning. It is bad enough having threats made about being forced into sharing facilities with underfunded state schools, now the government is threatening to force parents to pay more to give their children a decent education.
I think the Green candidate's just enjoy going in having already lost...

Yeh - unfortunately, a lot of people can't afford to send their children to private schools. However, many of them who do, make a sacrifice whereby sending their child to private school means we can't do a lot of other things... It's just ignorant and short sighted to say that we shouldn't be able to get a decent education - it might not be equal to the poorer, but then nothing in this world is fair - the Greens need to realise that.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
I think I may have just unintentionally started a war....xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh, I think you ****ing have!
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeh, I think you ****ing have!
Can't everyone hug it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't everyone hug it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No - there is no ****ing way that is gonna happen
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No - there is no ****ing way that is gonna happen
In that case, please don't kill eachother. I only came here for a drink!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, I don't - however, as part of my commitments at school, I work in the local charity shop each week. I also allow the town and surrounding schools and academys to use the school's facilities, free of charge, which through fees, am paying to maintain. My school is also the largest single employer in the town, boosting the town's economy in that way, as well as the students providing a very large amount of customers to the local shops and restaurants, thereby also boosting the economy. If schools like mine were not a charity, then a lot of this just wouldn't be happening - so either you're so short sighted you can't see past the school campus, or you're just jealous that I go to public school... dunno which, and quite frankly - I don't care which.

And no, you really wouldn't.
you see with the schools equipment point that's just a case to increase school funding. And are you telling me that if you weren't a charity then you wouldn't volunteer and that students wouldn't shop??? And for being the largest employer it'd need to employ the same amount of people anyway so it's more likely that all that would happen is your fees go up...

i really would.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In that case, please don't kill eachother. I only came here for a drink!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You came to a bar - sooner or later there was gonna be a fight...
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You came to a bar - sooner or later there was gonna be a fight...
True

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hug or you're both going on the naughty step.

*Stern teacher look*
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
you see with the schools equipment point that's just a case to increase school funding. And are you telling me that if you weren't a charity then you wouldn't volunteer and that students wouldn't shop??? And for being the largest employer it'd need to employ the same amount of people anyway so it's more likely that all that would happen is your fees go up...

i really would.
How do we increase the school funding when the local community use all of our facilities for free - talk me through the maths for that one... duh...

As me working for a charity is part of a school charitable program, if we weren't a charity, then no, we wouldn't be doing it.

And actually no - if we lost our charitable status, our fees would go up by so much that a lot of us just simply wouldn't be able to afford private school - this is really simple common sense here. If there are less pupils, we need less staff. If we need less staff. Not such a big employer - am I spelling this out simply enough for you?

Again, with less pupils, less customers - local businesses don't have as much sales...

Not sure how I could explain this any more simply - my 6 year old brother understands this...
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Hug or you're both going on the naughty step.

*Stern teacher look*
You can ****ing try...
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How do we increase the school funding when the local community use all of our facilities for free - talk me through the maths for that one... duh...

As me working for a charity is part of a school charitable program, if we weren't a charity, then no, we wouldn't be doing it.

And actually no - if we lost our charitable status, our fees would go up by so much that a lot of us just simply wouldn't be able to afford private school - this is really simple common sense here. If there are less pupils, we need less staff. If we need less staff. Not such a big employer - am I spelling this out simply enough for you?

Again, with less pupils, less customers - local businesses don't have as much sales...

Not sure how I could explain this any more simply - my 6 year old brother understands this...
increase state school funding for new equipment...

seroiously?! That is an awful reason to do charity work.

by £600 at most... Being a charity only means that you can claim tax back...

understands what??
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can ****ing try...
There will be a folding of arms and a tapping of the foot. Nobody wants a folding of the arms and a tapping of the foot.
bun
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)

*Stern teacher look*
I think I've got that down to a T now
I just have to raise my eyebrow and even the unruly Yr11s shut up immediately and know I'm not happy
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
I think I've got that down to a T now
I just have to raise my eyebrow and even the unruly Yr11s shut up immediately and know I'm not happy
Excellent. I might have to hire you if those two unruly ones in here don't behave soon.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.97%
No (134)
74.03%

Watched Threads