The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nicobella12
I've heard that we can't retake this exam as we are the last year on the spec :/

We can retake, but the exam will be written specifically to be a resit, just like the AS resits some people just did even tho we were the last to do that bit of the spec last year.
Do any of you know the word for when a study was done on animals so its hard to generalise the findings to humans? I feel like there's some fancy word for it but I really can't find it. :s-smilie:
Original post by wickedisgood
Do any of you know the word for when a study was done on animals so its hard to generalise the findings to humans? I feel like there's some fancy word for it but I really can't find it. :s-smilie:

Extrapolation issues
Original post by Morphine9
Extrapolation issues

thank you!
What would the question be like for eating behaviour if it is on biological explanations of an eating disorder?
Reply 3165
who else is looking up clearing options lol
Reply 3166
Original post by Morphine9
Extrapolation issues

ratamorphism
Reply 3167
Original post by mosahra
What would the question be like for eating behaviour if it is on biological explanations of an eating disorder?

outline and evaluate biological explanations of an eating disorder eg anorexia/obesity
discuss "
Thought i'd give a tip even though you guys might not know it, if a study is done by like 2 researchers, you only have to remember one of the names if you cant remember the other and just write Et al at the end of it, e.g. Berenson and Anderson, you'd write Anderson et al. Teacher told me this today
Original post by dpka1
outline and evaluate biological explanations of an eating disorder eg anorexia/obesity
discuss "

Okay thanks, has this question never come up before ?? I can't seem to find it as a 24 marker before
Original post by SunDun111
Thought i'd give a tip even though you guys might not know it, if a study is done by like 2 researchers, you only have to remember one of the names if you cant remember the other and just write Et al at the end of it, e.g. Berenson and Anderson, you'd write Anderson et al. Teacher told me this today

can't help but post but honestly researchers names don't matter so much. Get the content done first everyone. Why? Because my cousin sister who did the exam last year told me she had no names and got an A overall, I think A in that exam or A*.
I also checked on TSR a couple threads and many people say names aren't that important. Why would it even matter. You really think wow this dude remember the name of the researcher? Good details of a study are far more important.

Just want to make sure as there really isn't time for people learn names if there are 30+.
Original post by mosahra
Okay thanks, has this question never come up before ?? I can't seem to find it as a 24 marker before

I don't think so that's why people are thinking it will come up. I hope it's really the glucose thing. That's pretty easy.

Good tip. That's what we were told to do too. When I release my studies, one day, with my fellow psychologists, I think I'll put myself down as et al. That way my study can be called et al et al. Easier to remember for all those future students
Original post by IHatePsychology
can't help but post but honestly researchers names don't matter so much. Get the content done first everyone. Why? Because my cousin sister who did the exam last year told me she had no names and got an A overall, I think A in that exam or A*.
I also checked on TSR a couple threads and many people say names aren't that important. Why would it even matter. You really think wow this dude remember the name of the researcher? Good details of a study are far more important.

Just want to make sure as there really isn't time for people learn names if there are 30+.

True you seem to have more knowledge than me on this topic, my teacher for some reason likes us to remember the name but thanks for the heads up.
Are IDAs just basically evaluating the studies used in A02 to support the theory????
Help pls :frown:
True you seem to have more knowledge than me on this topic, my teacher for some reason likes us to remember the name but thanks for the heads up.

Thanks but I don't have more knowledge lol. It's just makes any sense as to why they'd mark you lower for writing a perfect essay but you missed a couple names.
If you miss evaluation points you'd lose marks but making name or a couple mistakes won't, max 1 mark at the worst. It's good to know shows the markers your confident but at the end of the day it's a little late for some guys on here and I kind of feel sorry for them if they spent all the remaining time memorsing names lol.
Reply 3176
Original post by mosahra

it came up as half a question in june 13
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Are IDAs just basically evaluating the studies used in A02 to support the theory????

IDAs - Issues, debates and approaches

http://www.loopa.co.uk/aqa-psychology-level-issues-debates-approaches/
Reply 3178
Original post by Marli-Ruth

idas include reductionism, determinism,anmal studies ect. they could be used to criticise/support research studies- if a study used animals to test a theory,this could be argued to be ratamorphic... you could also use ida to criticise the actual theory.
Original post by IHatePsychology
I don't think so that's why people are thinking it will come up. I hope it's really the glucose thing. That's pretty easy.

Which glucose thing ?

Latest

Trending

Trending