Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Osborne has indirectly Confrimed he is definitely Standing in the leadership election when ever it is
    He may have a chance if we don't leave the EU, otherwise I think Boris is favorite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    He may have a chance if we don't leave the EU, otherwise I think Boris is favorite.
    I don't think Osborne could win TBH; as time goes on he's becoming more and more unpopular amongst the electorate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    I don't think Osborne could win TBH; as time goes on he's becoming more and more unpopular amongst the electorate.
    Osbourne was actually really unpopular in 2012 before he recovered for 2015 (and then screwed himself again of course). Underestimating Osbourne would be a mistake i think if he really has another 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Osbourne was actually really unpopular in 2012 before he recovered for 2015 (and then screwed himself again of course). Underestimating Osbourne would be a mistake i think if he really has another 3 years.
    I'm certainly not going to rule him out yet, as he probably has some tricks up his sleeve. 3 years could well be enough time for him to make just enough of an impact on the electorate.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Osborne has indirectly Confrimed he is definitely Standing in the leadership election when ever it is
    And in other news, the sky is blue.

ReputationRep:
    Life_peer The possible legislation that you may propose looks very good indeed. Is it a joke?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    So, I'm sat here with exams tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday and I'm thinking... How dare I do any revision on this Holy day, the Sabbath.

Because of this Holy day, I will be sure to be as lazy as possible and to honour this day, and trust in God to guide me through these exams!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    So, I'm sat here with exams tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday and I'm thinking... How dare I do any revision on this Holy day, the Sabbath.

Because of this Holy day, I will be sure to be as lazy as possible and to honour this day, and trust in God to guide me through these exams!
    Only God can save you with that attitude :yes:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Only God can save you with that attitude :yes:
    Oi. First you're nicking my images, now you're saying I'm screwed...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Oi. First you're nicking my images, now you're saying I'm screwed...
    :shock: I am abhorred by such a heinous accusation, sir!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :giggle:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    :shock: I am abhorred by such a heinous accusation, sir!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :giggle:
    Please be abhorred. It's 100% correct
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Please be abhorred. It's 100% correct
    :grumble:

ReputationRep:

I'll pray for you!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    :grumble:
    Grumble all you want

I'll pray for you!
    I'm gonna need every being on this Earth to pray for me, and even that won't work :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Grumble all you want

I'm gonna need every being on this Earth to pray for me, and even that won't work :rofl:
    Are the exams important?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Are the exams important?
    Kinda

ReputationRep:
    Kinda
    You could just be Barman forever...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Interesting to see Osborne say this morning that Cameron wouldn't step down until 2019.

Is that because he wants to give the new leader a year to implement some 'nice policies' and giveaways as govts always do before elections so as to shield him/her from some of the more unpopular decisions before then?

Also doesn't seem certain that Cameron wouldn't face a leadership election before then.
    Cameron is unlikely to fall until he chooses to leave, and giveaways before elections always happen, it's the way things work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    You could just be Barman forever...
    Right now, it's so tempting to do just that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Cameron is unlikely to fall until he chooses to leave, and giveaways before elections always happen, it's the way things work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I know. Was just wondering if it was because he wanted the new leader to be seen as the nice one, rather than making him take unpopular decisions before then. As an electoral strategy.

Britain loves a 'nice' Tory.
    Also I think you lot need to get Ruth Davidson more involved in the English party, she's brilliant and has detoxified the Tories in Scotland - an astonishing achievement.
    Although I can't see myself ever voting Tory, I'd be far more likely to if someone like her was leader.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.