Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Oh saber :hugs: can you retake? Can you get feedback on your grade?
    Can't retake the exam and it's dragged my high 60 (D) average down to a very low 60 average. I still have 3 more exams to do in this class, but it's going to be so much harder now and I can't see myself being able to pass those either. This is my 3rd attempt at this class. I feel like a complete failure.

Btw, not seeing the crisis team anymore is great, I bet you feel awesome about that. Though I do hope you continue to do well, I know it's easy to slip backwards. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    `thogutht i could keep a lid on things but evidently not.
    :jumphug:

(Original post by Pathway)
    Thank you.

Thanks. Idk what I'd even say. I just can't cope anymore. I hope you're doing OK.
    Offer's there (to anon too!), can talk just about random stuff if it would help or anything else. You can do it :hugs:

(Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Worried of being alone when my sister leaves.
    Worried about exactly the same thing, hate myself for it but she's the only irl person I really have other than my parents who just don't get it. Also welcome to pm if want to talk about it, don't know how much help I'll be but still.

Little Popcorns thanks, hope you're alright! :grouphugs: everyone else too

ReputationRep:
    Big hugs to all who need. :grouphugs: :loveduck:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Ah thanks Yeah, I am on stuff for acne too, but it is just not helping. Hope to have a dermatology appointment come through, but waiting lists :/ Hope you feel better now, pneumonia sounds nasty!
    Have you tried doxcycline or i think its called lymecycline?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)

Worried about exactly the same thing, hate myself for it but she's the only irl person I really have other than my parents who just don't get it. Also welcome to pm if want to talk about it, don't know how much help I'll be but still.
    Yeah, she's the only one of my siblings left in the same house who actually talks to me.
    It's not a good time, also, when I've just started sixth form and don't want to be going about it alone.

ReputationRep:
    Gone to the upstairs laptop as Trump and Clinton were giving me information about things during the debate. My spouse gets so angry when I tell her about this kind of thing. Today's response: "are you ****ing retarded?". I'm worried the messages are important but I'm not allowed to watch any more. :/

btw guise, I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow morning and will be asking her to write a letter to the disability department at my uni. it needs to include info about the kind of academic accommodations I want. All I've thought of so far is exams in a smaller room (voices are louder when there's a lot of people, also afternoon exams as I'm completely out of it tired in the mornings because of the quetiapine. So anyway, can anyone here tell me things they found useful in their studying and exams? Would really appreciate any suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    Dont know how to express how im feeling other than empty and sad.

Not sure if its because im now on a lower dose or its just a coincidence.
    I think before i was either numb to feelings or just supressing them, but now im just empty.

Got lots of stuff on my mind, and i dunno how to figure everything out. I dunno wether to write things down somewhere or what.
    I guess the past few months iv mostly been bottling things up, even though my ex complained i never spoke to him about stuff, but i did, and now i dont really have anyone to speak to about stuff so im back to bottling it all up like i used to do at school. And that wasnt good.

Also bought **** yesterday after like over 3 years of not smoking. It feels good in the moment but the taste afterwards is vile. But earlier i sat looking out my bedroom window just staring at the dark streets listening to the wind blowing and it was just bliss.

Urgh. Dunno what to do. Feel like im going down hill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Have you tried doxcycline or i think its called lymecycline?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, both. Currently been on doxcycline for months. No change. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Gone to the upstairs laptop as Trump and Clinton were giving me information about things during the debate. My spouse gets so angry when I tell her about this kind of thing. Today's response: "are you ****ing retarded?". I'm worried the messages are important but I'm not allowed to watch any more. :/

btw guise, I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow morning and will be asking her to write a letter to the disability department at my uni. it needs to include info about the kind of academic accommodations I want. All I've thought of so far is exams in a smaller room (voices are louder when there's a lot of people, also afternoon exams as I'm completely out of it tired in the mornings because of the quetiapine. So anyway, can anyone here tell me things they found useful in their studying and exams? Would really appreciate any suggestions.
    Getting notes etc sent to you before class? I get that and it's helpful.

I'm sorry about your wife. :console: she doesn't sound to be rather understanding atm.

ReputationRep:
    Being near exit. Being able to take a break during the exam. Which they can do as long as your isolated from anyone who may have taken the test. It's a reasonable adjustment they can make for people with dsylexia or other learning disabilities

Feeling absolutely rubbish, can't stop screwing up everything I do. Wish I could just pack up and leave but I can't. I have nobody to talk to, I try explain to my boyfriend but he doesn't get it, I feel so trapped in my life.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling absolutely rubbish, can't stop screwing up everything I do. Wish I could just pack up and leave but I can't. I have nobody to talk to, I try explain to my boyfriend but he doesn't get it, I feel so trapped in my life.
    Sitting with you x

--

I'm supposed to be at uni for my first lectures today but uni is 45 mins away from my therapy and I can't get there in time. Prioritising my therapy feels less good today. Also my routine with therapy is about to be shaken up because 2 hours between lectures is not long enough to get there and back. Hate having therapy at beginning of day when it upsets the parts. Especially when it means I'm not safe to drive so I'd miss lecture anyway

I know..first world problems really. In grand scheme of my mental illness. Plus side is that therapy will stop being hours before I see clients.

Do anyone find that they're all out of sorts all week and then therapy day things realign? I've been in child part all week (pretty much) and today I'm all organised and adult. Good for driving. Bad for therapy because this part really needs to present.

ReputationRep:
    Decided on going against uni, once and for all, I am always tempted to apply every cycle, but I was speaking to my advisor yesterday and when I said my long term goals are to get a 40 hour job (didn't tell him about the course as I was sorta of umming and ahhing anyway) he kinda shook his head and smiled wryly, my history is not great when at uni, I'm much better now but still nowhere near "well", plus 3 years is a long time, I might change my focus, I might lose motivation, etc I could, if I wanted, do an AS or something in the subject, which would be a year as opposed to three. There's other options.

(Original post by PandaWho)
    Dont know how to express how im feeling other than empty and sad.

Not sure if its because im now on a lower dose or its just a coincidence.
    I think before i was either numb to feelings or just supressing them, but now im just empty.

Got lots of stuff on my mind, and i dunno how to figure everything out. I dunno wether to write things down somewhere or what.
    I guess the past few months iv mostly been bottling things up, even though my ex complained i never spoke to him about stuff, but i did, and now i dont really have anyone to speak to about stuff so im back to bottling it all up like i used to do at school. And that wasnt good.

Also bought **** yesterday after like over 3 years of not smoking. It feels good in the moment but the taste afterwards is vile. But earlier i sat looking out my bedroom window just staring at the dark streets listening to the wind blowing and it was just bliss.

Urgh. Dunno what to do. Feel like im going down hill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If **** is what I think it is, yes it's ok in moderation but you can become reliant (I don't mean to to preach and you probably know all that just don't want it to affect your health in the long run!). *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Decided on going against uni, once and for all, I am always tempted to apply every cycle, but I was speaking to my advisor yesterday and when I said my long term goals are to get a 40 hour job (didn't tell him about the course as I was sorta of umming and ahhing anyway) he kinda shook his head and smiled wryly, my history is not great when at uni, I'm much better now but still nowhere near "well", plus 3 years is a long time, I might change my focus, I might lose motivation, etc I could, if I wanted, do an AS or something in the subject, which would be a year as opposed to three. There's other options.
    This is me, I've been going back and forth deciding about university of 6 years. I would love to but the state of my mental health won't allow it. But I feel like such a disappointment because I can't get a job over minimum wage. At the minute I'm currently debating taking a part time degree but lack of motivation means it probably won't ever happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    This is me, I've been going back and forth deciding about university of 6 years. I would love to but the state of my mental health won't allow it. But I feel like such a disappointment because I can't get a job over minimum wage. At the minute I'm currently debating taking a part time degree but lack of motivation means it probably won't ever happen
    I've actually been and dropped out. I'd never be able to do the course I originally applied for at the same uni as it'd be too much pressure, so anything else would be a consolation, I'd still do it, but it's a lot of money to bank on something you may drop out of/fail etc

ReputationRep:
    If **** is what I think it is, yes it's ok in moderation but you can become reliant (I don't mean to to preach and you probably know all that just don't want it to affect your health in the long run!). *
    This was me btw, damn auto anon.*

ReputationRep:
    Open University is really really flexible for mental health difficulties/disability. You can have recording devices for lectures, additional materials. I had a talking book because multiple sources helps me learn better. They are really flexible on a lot of deadlines and you can defer examinable components.

I transferred to brick because despite all those adjustments, I still learn better face to face on more regular basis. But I'm scared. With open uni, you read the books and all the info is there. Read and pass. Brick uni is an unknown for me.

Also with open uni you can claim a qualification at any point along the way as long as you have enough credits. So I studied the equivalent of first year at brick uni and now have a certificate in higher education. Get to the equivalent to second year and you can claim diploma of higher ed. or you can do the full degree. Unlike brick where you'd lose that study with nothing to show employers, with open uni you have something - which is especially good for people like us who struggle to study but have the intelligence to do higher education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    I've actually been and dropped out. I'd never be able to do the course I originally applied for at the same uni as it'd be too much pressure, so anything else would be a consolation, I'd still do it, but it's a lot of money to bank on something you may drop out of/fail etc
    I applied twice and withdrew my application - I'm just not up for it even though I really want to do it. I just paid for some online courses but I just don't have the motivation, whenever I read now the words just don't sink in, I forget what I've read 2 minutes later. Finance is also a big deal for me too, I need to work to pay my rent/bills and part time would not cover it. I'm entitled to next to nothing so don't really have much choice in the matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Yeah, she's the only one of my siblings left in the same house who actually talks to me.
    It's not a good time, also, when I've just started sixth form and don't want to be going about it alone.
    Yeah I'm slightly different in that I'm older than mine, everyone keeps moving on and I'm just stuck. People on here are amazing but only so much they can do. We'll get there though, and you'll still be in contact with her

(Original post by ~Tara~)
    Open University is really really flexible for mental health difficulties/disability. You can have recording devices for lectures, additional materials. I had a talking book because multiple sources helps me learn better. They are really flexible on a lot of deadlines and you can defer examinable components.

I transferred to brick because despite all those adjustments, I still learn better face to face on more regular basis. But I'm scared. With open uni, you read the books and all the info is there. Read and pass. Brick uni is an unknown for me.

Also with open uni you can claim a qualification at any point along the way as long as you have enough credits. So I studied the equivalent of first year at brick uni and now have a certificate in higher education. Get to the equivalent to second year and you can claim diploma of higher ed. or you can do the full degree. Unlike brick where you'd lose that study with nothing to show employers, with open uni you have something - which is especially good for people like us who struggle to study but have the intelligence to do higher education
    This is worth knowing. I've had to defer uni for the third year in a row, is rather go to a brick uni but I think if that doesn't happen next year I'll try and give open uni a go maybe. Don't know. Struggling to think about the future right now but think general aim is try and keep going until christmas then somehow work out what I want to do.

------
    Got some kind of MH assessment thing this afternoon and really worried about it. Rationally I know it should be okay but just come at the wrong time. Last time they kept mentioning hospital and I know I'm better now but can't get it out of my head.

Don't post on here so often any more but just don't know what to do.

:hugs: anyone that needs them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.