Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gman786)
    Apply again with different email address...
    That doesn't work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Was told by HSBC that I "have not met the required criteria". Got a 2.1, 300 UCAS points etc. so anyone know what this could mean?

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances of getting a summer internship if you don't have spring week experience? Also if I end up applying mid-late October, is that way too late as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohakz)
    What are the chances of getting a summer internship if you don't have spring week experience? Also if I end up applying mid-late October, is that way too late as well?
    Nobody knows, but you don't need a spring week to get a summer. Just apply and don't hypothesise about chances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi_nayak1)
    yeh submitted it last friday still havent heard back :/
    Did you answer their questions as per the brief or did you write and follow your own script?

ReputationRep:
    How many applications are most people trying to get out?
    I'm thinking of 15-20 or is that too little?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would apply everywhere tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kenexa logical can **** off

ReputationRep:
    15-20 seems fair to me or actually I won't have the time to take the degree LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    Did you answer their questions as per the brief or did you write and follow your own script?
    wrote answers and read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As many as humanly possible, I managed about 22 last year I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    Kenexa logical can **** off
    Has anybody heard back from Nomura post-tests? Is it auto-reject? I've definitely flopped that damn logical. Might withdraw and go for Grad

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been rejected by Citi post interview, if so, did you get a call or was it via email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    As many as humanly possible, I managed about 22 last year I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only did 14 so far, damn still way to go, I don't want to leave anything to October

ReputationRep:
    Hey really need help guys.

Basically, I just completed one week work experience at Barclays in Corporate banking. Although I enjoyed it, I still want to go into investment banking. Pretty much, everyone liked me (not too be too cocky) and I got everyones business cards there. Anyway, the last woman I saw today is a VP and she really wants me to intern there.

Now, here is the problem. I have already submitted an application to IB for Barclays, do you reckon I should pull that and try for corporate banking. The woman also said if I have any trouble to also email her. This way next year when I go to UCL (currently at Birmingham) to do a finance masters, I will be a better position to apply for summer internship in IB after I graduate. Surely an internship this year in corporate is better than nothing?

Opinions please. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)

Basically, I just completed one week work experience at Barclays in Corporate banking. Although I enjoyed it, I still want to go into investment banking. Pretty much, everyone liked me (not too be too cocky) and I got everyones business cards there. Anyway, the last woman I saw today is a VP and she really wants me to intern there.

Now, here is the problem. I have already submitted an application to IB for Barclays, do you reckon I should pull that and try for corporate banking. The woman also said if I have any trouble to also email her. This way next year when I go to UCL (currently at Birmingham) to do a finance masters, I will be a better position to apply for summer internship in IB after I graduate. Surely an internship this year in corporate is better than nothing?

Opinions please. Thanks
    Lexy boi, take corp banking offer there for this year (as you said you be at UCL next year and a better position), if you got IB elsewhere then just go to the IB that you get elsewhere!!

ReputationRep:

Opinions please. Thanks
    mate, in my opinion you have to guarantee this one in CB just to be safe in case you don't get IBD anywhere, and your plan for the next year sounds really good

ReputationRep:

Opinions please. Thanks
    Understand whatever is on the plate is not there yet until you have a thick envelope in your hand with your name on it, so yes try and get this internship now pal!

Also im pretty sure UCL dont do a finance masters? :O

ReputationRep:
    Just got post test rejection from Citi after 2 days.
    Test was so hard lol i thought I got around 7/12 though. I wasn't too hopeful for that one

ReputationRep:
    Any1 know how easy/hard it would be to move from assurance to TS within the same big4? Would it be possible within a year?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.