Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    69-70. 66 for M2? It wasn't that hard.
    It was harder than a normal paper and m2 bounderies have been known to be low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    My Uni isn't going into clearing so they lowered their asking grades of AAA to ABB.

Does that mean they will be harsh and only accept those that have met or exceeded or because there is no clearing they may be lenient?
    My uni isn't in clearing for my course either. Does this mean they might be lenient on offers? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Certainly not up to the school - I hope that I'm not implying that anywhere they are however responsible for whether it gets done or not by 'unlocking' those units.

That's why I say if you're self teaching it in a school that has never offered Further Maths, then they may not have had the experience to do it correctly. This unfortunately happened to a friend of mine but you really don't need to hear bad news / scary stories before results day.
    I wasn't sure if that's what you were implying in the first post I quoted (main reason I jumped in) but yeah I understand that. I wonder how 'unlocking' works...

ReputationRep:
    General question and I realise it depends every year blah blah - what are the chances of RG unis lowering their entry requirements during clearing? It has to happen right?

King's History course is in Clearing but at AAA... I doubt many History students in Clearing have those grades? Especially since AAA is what the highest offers for that course tend to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abii21)
    My uni isn't in clearing for my course either. Does this mean they might be lenient on offers? x
    Hopefully, fingers crossed 🙏🏻

Im hopping they will be kind with at least a grade off as the course won't be available in clearing but I guess it depends on how many space they have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scitty)
    What time does everyone get their results? My college are refusing to release them until 9.30, but all other institutions in my area allow you to collect from 8. Is everyone else collecting them at 8, or are yours later too?

Just another stress my A2 group don't need :cry:
    Ours are posted online at 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    if my AS maths and further maths modules were cashed in last year, does that mean that they cannot be rearranged and are locked in as part of A2 maths and further maths respectively - even if a certain combination would give me better grades overall?

for example, these were my modules last year:
    AS maths:
    C1 - 87 (lol)
    C2 - 95
    M1 - 99

AS further maths:
    FP1 - 79 (lololol)
    D1 - 98
    S1 - 95

does this mean that C3, C4 and M2 MUST go to my A2 maths grade, or can D1 and D2 slide over to maths?
    LOL MATE, 98 in D1!! respect...
    your modules are kind of "locked in" but if a better combination gives you a better grade, they will be re-cashed in, so no worries
    if they don't re-cash them and make a mistake and you realise this (ie you'd get a better grade with other possible combinations), they will correct it if you point this out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliethemoo)
    Ours are posted online at 6
    I will know at midnight one of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    I will know at midnight one of them
    aww, that's no fair! :unimpressed:
    Whyyy?

ReputationRep:
    When the grade boundaries are released the day before, I think most of us will have a good idea of what we got. I personally made estimates on my marks in each exam, sad I know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    When the grade boundaries are released the day before, I think most of us will have a good idea of what we got. I personally made estimates on my marks in each exam, sad I know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you're not the youtube dude are you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliethemoo)
    aww, that's no fair! :unimpressed:
    Whyyy?
    Step results lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    Step results lol
    Ahh, of course!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did the same, and have spreadsheets mapping the change to grade boundries across time in all my modules.

ReputationRep:
    Ughhh this wait is killing me now... The thing that's really getting to me is the fact that I know how hard I worked but I also know that I let myself down in a few exams Just gotta hope for the best now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    Ella 3 lang lit ?
    Nope! Ellb3 lang lit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I did the same, and have spreadsheets mapping the change to grade boundries across time in all my modules.
    Have to say, this mark estimation really only works for science and maths. I mean, I took history and that could vary by like 5 marks easily.

ReputationRep:
    A question for those of you who sat edexcel unit 4 econ. On q.4c on why the cedi has depreciated against the dollar, is it valid to say that slower econ growth in Ghana (point 1) and IMF tied restrictions from its bailout lowering future growth prospects and thus fdi (point 2) fine as 2 separate, valid points? The second point isn't on the mark scheme so am unsure if I'll get capped for 1 valid point.

ReputationRep:
    Have to say, this mark estimation really only works for science and maths. I mean, I took history and that could vary by like 5 marks easily.
    Yeah, for really long essays that's definitely true, for smaller essay subjects (geography, Psycology ect.) you can probably get a reasonable estimate. Even in science you can have to revise your estimates too after looking at unofficial mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    Same, well I did all I could in the exams but away chemistry unit 4 was a nightmare for everyone and physics b unit 5 was savage, maths was ok tbf, i need 3As, didn't need to resit anything from Last year, offer from UCL , idk wtf I'll do if I don't make it :'(

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.