Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcobruni98)
    Just want to say that my GCSEs sucked and last thursday I got four As in my AS exams, don't give up!
    That's amazing! What GCSEs results did you get? And what subjects did you take for AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Click the little "+" thing on the right of the "reply" button and it should add quotes to the text bar at the bottom.
    Ahh thank you so much! I've been trying to figure this out for a while now...I should have asked in the first place really hahah

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Edexcel German and find it really hard? I'm so nervous to get the result!
    In my December mock exams I got a U in my Listening paper, and after the real listening paper this time I had the exact same feeling that I had after the mock one...hardly understood any of it.
    The reading was okay but still not much better.

I just really wanted an A, but that's practically impossible after that disastrous exam
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Fatimabibi_)
    What is the deadline for asking for a remark?
    20th September, but your school may have an earlier deadline :yy:

(Original post by Dizgurl)
    Ahh thank you so much! I've been trying to figure this out for a while now...I should have asked in the first place really hahah
    It took me a few years to work it out.

ReputationRep:
    Removed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel have said that grade boundaries will be released tomorrow MORNING, no set time. Between 8am-10am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471974004.423752.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  74.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waveyalex)
    140 is unrealistic im just saying 130 as not inc 2015 it was probably one of the hardest papers with the A grade ones harder than previous years
    Ygm cuzzeh if it's 130 I got dat A b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophFlorence)
    But it's awesome when teachers under-mark, and then you have a more lenient marker. Unlikely, I know, but possible!
    That's what kinda happened to me! My history teacher marked us soooo harshly in our class tests this year like three quarters of the class were failing but then in our mocks another teacher marked them and we all went up by at least 2 grades! Made us feel a lot more confident before the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PLL-)
    Ygm cuzzeh if it's 130 I got dat A b
    nice mate look at the gcs over the years b4 2015
    http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/gradebound.pdf
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Grade boundaries tomorrow ~ not that it makes any difference as I don't know my mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatimabibi_)
    That's amazing! What GCSEs results did you get? And what subjects did you take for AS?
    1 A 7 Bs 1C and 1D, I took biology, chemistry, psychology and Spanish, my level of maturity and determination from year 11 to year 12 was the defining factor. I mean... I still have scars from blisters I got on my fingers from my AS revision, especially psychology that is a lot of writing (my form in writing isn't great either hehe)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waveyalex)
    nice mate look at the gcs over the years b4 2015
    http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/gradebound.pdf
    To be fair, that year it went from 120 to 136, it could just as easily go from 125 to 140.. Hopefully it doesn't though lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    20th September, but your school may have an earlier deadline :yy:

It took me a few years to work it out.
    Aww bless

ReputationRep:
    00daud00 go follow my insta xd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graciousgannon)
    Did anyone do Edexcel German and find it really hard? I'm so nervous to get the result!
    In my December mock exams I got a U in my Listening paper, and after the real listening paper this time I had the exact same feeling that I had after the mock one...hardly understood any of it.
    The reading was okay but still not much better.

I just really wanted an A, but that's practically impossible after that disastrous exam
    Same. I absolutely hated both exams. I normally get an A in my reading and a C in the listening but I felt like got E/D for both exams

ReputationRep:
    XLittleSparrowX depends where I go to. If I go Birmingham sixth form I will do English literature, history, RS and biology/computer science and joseoh chamberlain I will do history, English literature, philosophy and ethics and sociology. What courses are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanii_ox)
    Same! Uob sixthform or JC (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? What's your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, first time posting here, and I'm new to TSR.

Very very very nervous about Thursday. Everyone keeps telling me that they are proud of me no matter what but I can't help thinking they are just saying that to make me feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PLL-)
    To be fair, that year it went from 120 to 136, it could just as easily go from 125 to 140.. Hopefully it doesn't though lol
    I don't think so because more than the difficulty of the paper it depends on how well students have performed and from my own school I can say that despite it being an easy paper, even the clever kids found that they made lots of mistakes and majority were not happy with how it went. That's what happened in 2014. It was clearly an easy straight forward paper but due to the fact so many people did bad the grade boundaries for that year were low.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.