Turn on thread page Beta

capello could of played a bunch of championship players, even league one players-and they would of scored more then england did against t+t, and they wouldnt want huge wages or moan when there over rated massive ego's take a hit!

ReputationRep:
    i felt sorry for dean ashton yesterday

not easy playing with somebody who never passes *cough* defoe

berbatov used to moan all the time when he played with defoe and rightly so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notts-lad-08)
    capello could of played a bunch of championship players, even league one players-and they would of scored more then england did against t+t, and they wouldnt want huge wages or moan when there over rated massive ego's take a hit!
    Funny you say that, i agree with the Championship players thing. It would be good to give some of them players a run in some friendlies.

But while the players from the PL are playing pretty well, then maybe not yet.. In the Future, hell yes.

Good to see Joe Lewis (that his name?) as 3rd choice keeper... He must have done something right..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anelka9)
    i felt sorry for dean ashton yesterday

not easy playing with somebody who never passes *cough* defoe

berbatov used to moan all the time when he played with defoe and rightly so
    Defoe was evil not passing that ball yesterday to Ashton, he would have smacked it in easily.

Berbatov moans at everything though... :p:

I think the not passing thing with Defoe will be the thing that loses him his place.. Same as James' stupidity to run out, even when Rio said he's got it covered... :mad:

ahh yeah, the peterborough lad-they got promoted so he must of done something good for em last season lol, in friendlys defo for the championship players, i really couldnt see the point of people like rio and stevie g playing against t+t-we now what they can do and we no there world class players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notts-lad-08)
    ahh yeah, the peterborough lad-they got promoted so he must of done something good for em last season lol, in friendlys defo for the championship players, i really couldnt see the point of people like rio and stevie g playing against t+t-we now what they can do and we no there world class players
    People won't watch it if the likes of Gerrard, Beckham or Rio aren't in the squad.. I think Capello has learnt that, especially with England.. If he messes up, even in a friendly, he will be ripped apart in every British paper.

But yeah, would be nice for other players to get chances. But if Gerrard etc... are good enough, then no point changing atm..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey Barton's Cell Mate)
    People won't watch it if the likes of Gerrard, Beckham or Rio aren't in the squad.. I think Capello has learnt that, especially with England.. If he messes up, even in a friendly, he will be ripped apart in every British paper.

But yeah, would be nice for other players to get chances. But if Gerrard etc... are good enough, then no point changing atm..
    exactly and tbh dont see the point putting in a bunch of championship players that won't ever be considered for competitive internationals.

ReputationRep:
    justinkoo did you see anybody outside the stadium or nearby giving away free england caps in the shops and stalls?

because it happened inside the stadium
    nah boy didnt see any of the sort i heard becks and stevie threw their boots in the crowd though

ReputationRep:
    swop downing for ashley young and you have a good team there
    Could not really see enough of him because of the shambles of the second half, but Downing was impeccable in the 1st half and he is worth a shot against better opposition to see how he performs.

However, if J.Cole picks himself up after the summer and gets back to his best from a few months ago then I would put him in ahead of either.

Ashton still has to prove himself able but I think he will work better with a hard working soul like Rooney who is well trained at giving plenty of assists rather than ball hogging and going for personal glory like Defoe did constantly. J.Cole, Rooney and Gerrard even vaguely at their best *will* give you decent delivery in a match even against the best teams in the world (although more sporadically), and if Ashton performs how we know he can he will knock them in against the better teams as well as the lower teams.

That in my mind is the difference between him and Crouch; the ability to score against the better teams. Defoe was doing so as well in his early run of form but that form seems to have run out now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <CJ>)
    He's not played a single competitive match and you already want him out.

What are you on ^o)
    Lol, but I thought he had guts and drop the crapbags like Defoe, lamps and becks but now he gives the "temporary" captaincy to becks ... not exactly moving on is he? ... I accept he needs competitive games therefore I take back what I said about him needing to go but he is still a cabbage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwbu59aDtbo - this is why I call him cabbage man ... absolutely hilarious

ReputationRep:
    :adore:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Shut up minimo.

ReputationRep:
    It was a parody. He'd get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    It was a parody. He'd get it.
    What did I miss before this post? :p: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I was told I was "classy". We knew that already, but I'd have preferred "fantastic".

ReputationRep:
    We need to stop playing poorly ranked countries in friendlies and play against bigger opposition. Sorry but the USA and T&T? We need to play Czech Rep, Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France etc.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. It'd be better for Fabio Capello to have a very good team expose England's shortcomings and weaknesses. I think he learned plenty from the France game and very little against the States. We'll play enough dud teams in qualifying anyway.

ReputationRep:
    what did he learn from the france game juwel?

what a dire game that was.

ReputationRep:

That England aren't that good and need to improve.

ReputationRep:

That we aren't able to work anything in the final third with the 4-2-3-1 system with Rooney as the lone striker because he is not disciplened enough to stretch the defense.

And it was a boring game yes but 0-0 would of been the fairest result. Not an aweful performance at all against a team of France's calibre.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.