12.5%
BS (70)
87.5%
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If calling Kanye West a jackass is all that Obama ever achieves as President, it will have been well worth it.
x-pri-x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by miss_world)
What did he do??
(Original post by Soulless Beauty)
Wait, why is everyone so outraged at West? What did he do? I mean taking a microphone off another singer at an awards ceremony isn't exactly bad, is it?
it was her first award, and shes 19 she hasnt been in the industry as long as beyonce and that and in her thankyou speech he took the mic off her and told everyone that beyonces video was better.
that would make me cry =|
_Hayko
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
WTF? I only just watched the VMA thing and its funny how people have blown it out of proportion. Yeah I get it was disrespectful of him to go up and take the mic from Taylor but from people's reactions on the internets I thought he went up, cussed her calling her music **** and that she didn't deserve to win. He just went up and spoke his mind, and its interesting that quite a few people think that Beyonce's video _is_ actually better.
Soulless Beauty
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by x-pri-x)
it was her first award, and shes 17 she hasnt been in the industry as long as beyonce and that and in her thankyou speech he took the mic off her and told everyone that beyonces video was better.
Wtf? Really??

Wait, had she won an award for best vid or something then?
Abi24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by x-pri-x)
it was her first award, and shes 17 she hasnt been in the industry as long as beyonce and that and in her thankyou speech he took the mic off her and told everyone that beyonces video was better.
19 actually. I believe it's not her first ever music industry award, but obviously her first VMA.

A country singer being successful in the mainstream against the likes of Beyonce is hard enough to do anyways (thats why they do a pop version of most songs as well as its original country version), without eejits like Kanye ruining her moment. Beyonce looked like she was gonna murder him - or get Jay Z to!
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel bad for liking Taylor Swifts music, it makes me feel itchy and unwashed...

Kanye is a jackass, everyone knew this already.
eulerwaswrong
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CCJ)
Watch, Kanye is gonna release a track with Taylor Swift, or do some sort of collaboration.
that is an outstanding call CCJ
Mr Snips
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Apologising after acting like a **** doesn't cure you of being a ****
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no way! he got owned, poor thing. :own3d: (not sure thatl work)

ok maybe this is all a bit too much now...
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Once again proving that Obama is a nice down to earth man, I do like him.

It's actually hilarious, i reckon Kenye West proper bums Obama as well and will be gutted.
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Abi24)
19 actually. I believe it's not her first ever music industry award, but obviously her first VMA.

A country singer being successful in the mainstream against the likes of Beyonce is hard enough to do anyways (thats why they do a pop version of most songs as well as its original country version), without eejits like Kanye ruining her moment. Beyonce looked like she was gonna murder him - or get Jay Z to!

yet later that night(or the next day not too sure) jay-z and kanye performed together..
jaz_jaz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Obama is such a G
Venom123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The guy even thinks he can now take Michael Jacksons king of pop title - WTF!!!!

Come 5/10 years he won't be remembered.
burninginme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
God has spoken. Ironically, if Bush made such an unprofessional comment he would have been picked up on it and torn to pieces, but Obama is suddently a hero. Can this man do any wrong?
Haz313
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hasn't Kanye written/collaborated on loads of songs celebrating Obama's election? Haha
Hikari
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Never though i'd actually agree with Obama, lol.

burninginme is right though, if Bush had done this, people would be tearing him to pieces for acting unprofessionally
Major Spoiler
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
- Kanye West is a douchebag.
- Obama does something awesome.
- Everyone agrees that Obama is awesome.

None of these things are surprising.
Flavity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hikari)
Never though i'd actually agree with Obama, lol.

burninginme is right though, if Bush had done this, people would be tearing him to pieces for acting unprofessionally
Yeah but Bush was a jackass himself...
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
Somehow I can't see Gordon Brown giving his opinion on the West-Swift conflict.

Gotta love that Obama.

You lie!
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know why a President would be driven to call a musician a jackass, and whilst it's funny it's hardly very presidential to be a-feudin'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise