Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    You're comparing adultery to bubble gum. Wow. Adultery doesn't have a punishment attatched just for the hell of it.
    You're missing the point. Do you really think the death penalty is an acceptable punishment for adulterers and homosexuals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Original post / Original poster

I was talking to 35mm.
    Answer my question first. Do you condone stoning for adultery if all conditions are met?

ReputationRep:
    Over-hyped statements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Interest in Islam comes from very different groups and dawah is directed towards different people, not just gang youth and convicts, although they may be more likely to become Muslim as a clean break from their existing lifestyle.

If you want to talk about inordinate influence you want to look at the Jewish influence. If you regard the Muslim influence as inordinate then the Jewish one must be classed as absolutely ineffably astronomical.

Why does a push for halal food bother you? Muslism can purchase halal food if they like from local businesses. Why not try to get major retailers to sell halal food, it's worth doing, for Muslism and for the retailers themselves. Reading thsi it seems as if thousands of people are rioting every day somewhere because some supermarket didn't stock halal food.

That is not Islamic.

Do people not have rights to complain and voice their objections anymore.

It's not Islamic to kill for no reason or to burn down the places of worship of others.

Can you show me how this is caused by Islam. Quranic references or hadith would be fine.

Again, not Islamic.

As long as you're happy to pay the long list of taxes that you must pay while living here.

Again not Islamic. Does state run ethnic cleansing take place in all of those countries?
    yep- like he sed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I really don't have time because I have to leave for work in 15 minutes, but I'll just give you a few examples.

Under Sharia:

• Death for homosexuals: clearly derived from Islamic scripture.
    • Death for apostates: clearly derived from Islamic scripture.
    • Stoning for adulterous women. Curiously, not for men, as with many Islamic practices :rolleyes:
    • Amputation for theives.

If you're claiming that the extreme version of Islam has absolutely no relation to Islam then you're deluded. This is Islam, and it's dangerous.
    nope, actually the stonings the same for both men & women...
    & its intresting that in the history of islam i.e since the shariah was put into practice (from the time of the prophet to 1920sumt) only 200 people have had their hands cut off for stealing.& also it depends on the value of what they stole(has to be v.valuable) & the theifs own circumstance (e.g.a person stealing to feed his family as he has no other means will not be punished, as then it falls upon the state to take care of them) anddd also their age (obv a child/sum1 hu is not mature would not be punished)

no point in blowing things outta proportion is there? although i have to admit, all of the above info isnt widely known to a lot of people...so not really your fault
    anywayyy dont have time 4 the other points...mabye later :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    You're missing the point. Do you really think the death penalty is an acceptable punishment for adulterers and homosexuals?
    Yes the death penalty is an acceptable punishment that shows the magnitude of the offence.

Aren't you Christian?

It isn't something that we should do with happiness. It is something to be sad about but something which is required by the laws prescribed by God. Read the hadith about the adulterers who came to Muhammad (pbuh) and how he dealt with them.

The punishment is not intended to persecute people but to act as a deterrant. The few times it is used it serves as a strong warning to the rest of the people. In an Islamic society it works and the punishment is hardly used. Sometimes man needs somethimng more than his conviction to stop him from doing something like adultery, what is there to stop someone from it? Sometimes you have to be tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariyh2)
    nope, actually the stonings the same for both men & women...
    & its intresting that in the history of islam i.e since the shariah was put into practice (from the time of the prophet to 1920sumt) only 200 people have had their hands cut off for stealing.& also it depends on the value of what they stole(has to be v.valuable) & the theifs own circumstance (e.g.a person stealing to feed his family as he has no other means will not be punished, as then it falls upon the state to take care of them) anddd also their age (obv a child/sum1 hu is not mature would not be punished)

no point in blowing things outta proportion is there? although i have to admit, all of the above info isnt widely known to a lot of people...so not really your fault
    anywayyy dont have time 4 the other points...mabye later :cool:
    Does that absolve from punishment? Do you have a source?

Do you have a source for that number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Does that absolve from punishment? Do you have a source?

Do you have a source for that number?
    The one who stole a small amount to feed himself or his family who were starving will not receive the hadd punishement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    The one who stole a small amount to feed himself or his family who were starving will not receive the hadd punishement.
    Ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Ok.
    InshaAllah I will find some information for you. My computer is being uncooperative a the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    InshaAllah I will find some information for you. My computer is being uncooperative a the moment.
    No problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Yes the death penalty is an acceptable punishment that shows the magnitude of the offence.
    You should probably think about the irrationality in calling homosexuality an offence. But, of course, Allah does your thinking for you.

ReputationRep:
    Islam has spread too far. It's influence needs to be curbed before its too late.

ReputationRep:
    I love how the OPs article makes this whole analyzing Muslims deal sound like analyzing an entirely different species.

Well I guess Muslims are after all the cause of all problems in the world, of all war, conflict, suffering and corruption. /sarcasm
    This is getting ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElementX)
    I love how the OPs article makes this whole analyzing Muslims deal sound like analyzing an entirely different species.

Well I guess Muslims are after all the cause of all problems in the world, of all war, conflict, suffering and corruption. /sarcasm
    This is getting ridiculous.
    Excellent post. It's simply a correlation. Go through the article and then prove to me that it's not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Excellent post. It's simply a correlation. Go through the article and then prove to me that it's not true.
    cause and effect needs proving, but correlation is when a hypothesis is formed :yes: win

ReputationRep:
    Hyperbole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    You should probably think about the irrationality in calling homosexuality an offence. But, of course, Allah does your thinking for you.
    The sign is there for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Pardon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Pardon?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.